Good OCs 254 members · 712 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Hey, so I was working on a protagonist for a future fic that's currently in development, and I'm starting to think that my main OC is starting to reach Mary Sue territory. In this story, it takes place in an alternative universe where it focuses on a young mare and her friends. By day, they attend school like any other students, but by night (or whenever they have free time) they go to an underground academy that teaches gifted ponies to become warriors and vigilantes that fight monsters and bad guys in secret. The main character and her friends decide they want to join the underground group and become heroes for their own personal reasons. Each character gets a weapon to fight with, either magical or technology based. So, here's my main OC.

Name: (To be perfectly honest, I haven't come up with a name yet. I'm thinking either Pixels, Eden, or something else.)
Species: Unicorn Mare

Appearance: She's very slender in figure and is of average height. She has a light grey coat with a short layered black mane. She also has a long black tail and has purple highlights in her mane. She likes to wear a purple duster cloak because she thinks she can bring cloaks back into fashion.

Personality: She's often very upbeat and childish. Often finding anything around her interesting. She's a gamer girl and loves playing video games, she is usually never seen without her hoof-held gaming console. She's not exactly the brightest one out of her friends, but is by no means a complete ditz. Because of this she's often too trusting of others and can befriend anyone on the spot, which often earns her a scolding by anyone she befriends. She kind of has Gon Freecs or Luffy's level of intelligence. She also really values her friendships, like Twilight Sparkle (whom she might befriend later), and can go berserk if anyone should mess with or seriously hurt them. But overall, she's just an easy going gamer mare who wants to have fun in her life.

Weapons: Dual Guns that can transform into short swords.

Likes: Video games, hanging out with friends, traveling, food, goofing off.
Dislikes: Liars, arrogant ponies, snakes, ponies who take their beliefs too far, gang wars.

Strengths: A really intense gamer, is great with her guns blades, really fast, very accepting, loyal to her friends, endurance, friendly.
Weaknesses: Sees most of her life as a video game, short attention span, gets distracted easily, not good at math, too trusting of others, simple-minded.

That's just of this protagonist. What do you think? Mary Sue?

She looks pretty realistic to me! I always find gamers to be interesting characters, because it changes everything about motivation and point of view. Which does lead to an important question; Whats her motivation? Does she wish to have more friends? Or is she fairly unmotivated and wishes to find a purpose? Whatever it is I think that you have an interesting and well thought out character, and look forward to seeing how the story will take her!

5035638 Thank you! And as of now she's undecided. Since she spends most of her time playing video games, she doesn't really know what she wants to do with her life. So she joins the vigilante group in order to find purpose in her life. As well as make some new friends along the way.

5035779 I know how she feels.:raritywink: Anyway good luck with your story!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5