Chronicles of Narnia 31 members · 2 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Canicus Palentine
Group Admin

So we've got two people joining, a good start. To start of what will hopefully be many more topics to come, what is your favorite Narnia Novel? Furthermore what attracts you to the Narnia saga in the first place? I've been a fan of C.S. Lewis ever since child hood. I read the books and watched the TV show on BBC, though now that I'm older I can see more of the flaws, but I've still got good memories. I Love the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, one of the best Narnia books. I also love Prince Caspian for its darker tone, though I like the film adaptation a little more than the book. I also love the Voyage of the Dawn treader, and was a bit miffed with the theatrical release (most the changes made little sense and those that did I had mixed feelings about)

Lastly I like the Silver Chair, because it feels more like a mystery story. Whilst the first 2 where about quests and wars to save a country, and the Dawn Treader was an adventure on the high seas, the threat to Narnia was kept in the shadows until the end, the heroes preventing a war rather than fighting one.

The last three I also like but I'm more familiar with the original four. The Last Battle was a bittersweet ending to an enchanting series, and I'm still shocked at how little time Narnia was allowed to exist as a world. To last only a few thousand years, that's not nearly enough time for a proper fantasy world. But anyway, I still love it, warts and all. It was my first Fantasy series before Lord of the Rings. That's why I started up this group.

So come on, share your thoughts, don't let me do all the talking!

Canicus Palentine
Group Admin

3444110 Hellloooo! Anyone out there? Nothing to say?

Honeytongue
Group Admin

I guess I like The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, Prince Caspian, and The Horse and His Boy.
Did you ever see the 1979 animated movie of 'The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe'?

Anyhow, what attracted me to the series was the vast diversity of Narnia's people, talking animals, and mythical creatures.

Canicus Palentine
Group Admin

3630903 No I haven't. But yes Narnia is a diverse landscape, full of interesting possibilites that I don't think even C.S. Lewis had thought of. I wonder why no one has not tried to make a crossover with Narnia in this fandom yet? Sure the talking animals thing wouldn't be too much of a difference, but the fact the people of Narnia embrace the idea of man kind ruling over them as monarchs could be comparable to how normal Equines in Equestria view the Alicorns. Could make some interesting comparisons.

Honeytongue
Group Admin

Indeed! :pinkiehappy::twilightsmile:
I was going to make a similar comparison to Equestria myself, but chose to just post what I had.
I never did realize it until now, but I think you're right. Maybe the reason nobody has made a crossover is because technically the world of Narnia is 'dead' already? :unsuresweetie:

3444110 The Magician's Nephew and The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6