Canon Alternative Universes 106 members · 288 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

ALL OPINIONS HERE ARE JUST THAT: OPINIONS. I"M NOT BASHING ANYONE'S IDEAS OR TRYING TO CHANGE THEIR WAY OF THINKING

As any of you who have known me for a while may know, I am NOT a fan of the MLP FiM IDW comic series. I don't consider them canon to the show, which is fine, because they are open to fan interpretation as to whether they are or aren't.

So, it may surprise those who know me, or anyone who knows my opinions on the subjects, to hear that I DO consider (most) of the "Mirror Universe" arc (semi) canon.

However, I don't think the Mirror Universe is a literal opposite. Sure, the good guys are bad, and the bad guys are good, but let's think about it.

MU Sombra said that, at one point, MU Celestia and Luna were good. and furthermore, Discord is some kind of superhero.

Now let's explore this: Show Universe Celestia and Luna were NEVER bad (Nightmare Moon notwithstanding). and furthermore, since Discord is reformed, shouldn't that make MU Discord a villain?

Furthermore, if I recall, MU Sombra essentially became Normal Universe Sombra near the end, though since NU Sombra is dead, i'm not sure how much that matters...

So obviously, this universe isn't a reversal of the "canon" universe, but very close to one.

3697147 You're right it's clearly not an outright reversal, but it sounds to me like there is a bit more distance between the two than you might think. I don't know for sure, as far as the comics being canon; they're not. Not once has any event from the comics or it's influence ever been included in the show in any way no matter how small. That makes them licensed material and not canon material. Until that changes they are not canon.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2