Freedom VS Harmony 598 members · 308 stories
Comments ( 22 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 22
calinjc
Group Contributor

You want to know what really peeves me? Ponies always talk about themselves as the best species in the universe when they are no better than us! They all act as if evil is a nigh non-existant thing among them. UGH!!! MAKES ME MAD!!!
What about you guys?

But ... what if they're right? If Celestia decided to invade earth with her hordes and take control of the sun, what could anyone do to stop her? Not a dang thing, I'm afraid. You want to grow your crops? You pay tribute to the Sun Princess.

:trollestia:

False. We have missiles, drones, aircraft. Literally dozens of ways to kill Celestia without her even noticing and it wouldn't even be that hard. Send her an innocent 'letter' or slip some cyanide, etc. into her cake, then sit back and relax.
And the world keeps on turning. Humanity rules.

I tend to go with this line of thinking when it comes to who is better at friendship.

Humans use the word 'Everybody'.
Ponies use the word 'Everypony'.

Which is more species-friendly? Which promotes Friendship among different races? Which doesn't exclude others?

Yeah, about the only time being Politically correct is actually kind of fun.

Ancient Scholar
Group Admin

I saw a thread that uses the Equestria Girls movie to show that magic can be contained by technology.

Also if we go by cannon and use only what is shown then we have nothing to fear. The only possible threat is magic because it is an unknown. Strength and Flight are well known to us and weather manipulation can be dealt with.

With magic we have no comparison so it makes it dangerous. The average unicorn is not really that strong and leagues below what Twilight is capable of. To cast spells requires training and intense concentration which usually means that they have to close their eyes and stop moving to focus, making them easy targets before the spell is cast.

We have a vastly larger population so we have no fear of being overwhelmed and our weapons can wipe out any large force or city.

The Alicorns are slightly different. They are certainly longed lived and skilled in magic but they are still mortal, only slightly tankier then normal. It also makes no sense why PONIES control the sun and moon, what about the other species? What lore of the origins of the world do they have?

Whether its true or not, they have been shown to be absolutely useless. For example, Celestia sending twilight to fight a dragon instead of armed guards, luna being absent during the changling invasion and the attack from Discord, Celestia defeated by Chrysalis, etc. The only competent ones are cadence and twilight.

Maybe ponies are actually more welcoming of other species then shown and its only because of small town madness. Ponyville doesn't show how everyone in Equestria behaves.

calinjc
Group Contributor

This is actually why I like Sunset Shimmer. She is living proof that even ponies are not immune to common evils. NOT UNLIKE US! She is the most relateable character in the series because she is the most human out of all of the ponies.:ajsmug:

But consider: Discord can do virtually anything he wants, and he's chums with Celestia now. What if she deployed him, and told him to transform all of our weapons into hay and apples for their consumption? Or all of us into ... ponies??? :rainbowderp:

Not even trolling. I hate to admit, but I think the ponies themselves would have us beat, Discord aside. Between time travel and ability to see into the past for intel, control over dreams/nightmares to degrade our fighting ability and decision-making, superior physical strength, stamina and durability (Big Mac pulling a house, Rainbow Dash surviving an avalanche, Rainbow Dash using herself as a projectile with enough force to induce a mushroom cloud (and surviving), Maud causing an explosion with enough energy to cause a shockwave miles away, just by throwing a rock, Celestia taking no damage from a direct energy beam, etc.), control over wildlife (Fluttershy), and ability to predict the future (Pinkie sense), they would make a formidable force in a direct conflict.

But that's not how Celestia would defeat us. She would win us over, gradually infiltrating us, delighting our children with pony friends and harmony propaganda and waiting (because she can wait forever) so that within a generation, when they ask for land and resources and power, we give it to them freely. Because we love them.

Maybe it's already happening. Maybe MLP:FiM is the first step ...

Ancient Scholar
Group Admin

We have to take in acount the medium. MLP is not like a major scifi like halo that has fleshed out background and information. Everything is uncertain and vulnerable to change, heck they aren't even three dimensional! What if they saw one of our shows? They will freak out about things that are not real similar to the situation we are in. It would take a major reconstruction of MLP both the world and its lore to flesh it out to have any logical debates.

Ancient Scholar
Group Admin

I like sunset but so much of her lore is unknown. How did she survive when she first appeared for three years?

calinjc
Group Contributor

Plus, Deathstroke has ways of countering all forms of magic. I know he doesn't exist, but where ponies have magic, we have intellect. And if Twilight is the smartest and the most powerful pony, then I'm not worried.

Ancient Scholar
Group Admin

Someone should write a story about ponies watching a show about humans ( with amazing abilities, technology, etc) and then debating about humans the same way we debate about ponies.

Ancient Scholar
Group Admin

Look at crossovers between technology and magic in other shows. Most of the time it doesn't end well for the magic users as magic usually comes with slower technological advancement. Why should mlp be any different?

Ancient Scholar
Group Admin

Also they are only ONE nation while we are an entire world! I agree that discord is a legitimate problem but he usually minds his own business unless fluttershy gets hurt.

calinjc
Group Contributor

But that's not how Celestia would defeat us. She would win us over, gradually infiltrating us, delighting our children with pony friends and harmony propaganda and waiting (because she can wait forever) so that within a generation, when they ask for land and resources and power, we give it to them freely. Because we love them.

Maybe it's already happening. Maybe MLP:FiM is the first step ...

Mmmmmm... nope. Doesn't fit her. Her usual reaction to something scary and threatening is find it and destroy it.
Besides, I'm only talking morality-wise. Ponies seem to see themselves as perfect good. But, in reality, they make many many many evil mistakes. (Twilight almost allowing Rainbow to sell Fluttershy into servitude, willingly I might add, comes to my mind.)

Ancient Scholar
Group Admin

No one likes to believe themselves to be evil

Also when did that happen? What episode?

calinjc
Group Contributor
Ancient Scholar
Group Admin

Saw the episode and that could have ended very badly. Didn't really seem evil but rash.

calinjc
Group Contributor

Sorry, I get a little over dramatic about that. But you got to admit that Twilight, being the princess of FRIENDSHIP, would have put up a bit more of a fight to get Fluttershy back. The fact that she didn't just made me angry at her. She should've put up more of a fight, but she didn't.

Princess of Friendship, my ass!:flutterrage:

calinjc
Group Contributor

Also the fact that he will take any chance to spite Celestia.:trollestia:

Ancient Scholar
Group Admin

He should do something like this speech to the ponies that worship the princesses.

"We must learn that a god is not intrinsically greater than us!"

I love this quote.

calinjc
Group Contributor

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!:raritystarry:

Ancient Scholar
Group Admin

Whoever wrote this is awesome. I think it was all done by the same person. Did you notice the voice change when the guy started to glow?

I love stories where the human has spine and doesn't immediately bow to the whims of others.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 22