Goo Ponies 398 members · 28 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
Toffee Bean
Group Admin

You know goo ponies can't be hurt by sharp things? So I had a theory that goo ponies are well almost impossible to kill what you think?

StardustSurvivor
Group Admin

4822802 I think you have a point, you'd be hard pressed to find a way to kill them aside from boiling them into steam.

Toffee Bean
Group Admin

4822829 and if they like water boom oce they cool off they back to normal

StardustSurvivor
Group Admin

4822832 Well boiling them to death until they're steam is basically vaporization, meaning they would not survive.

Toffee Bean
Group Admin

Goo not only isn't hurt by slicing, accosting to D&D logic they multiply form it!

Then again, that's because D&D goo is brainless, so may be different in this situation, but point remains, slicing wouldn't kill because they could easily reform/just avoid because the blade went through them.

4822802 Freezing them until they simply lose the will to live then freezing them completely solid and shattering them.

Or drop them into molten rock/metal.

If they have a personality then I can torture them and break their mind until they simply kill themselves.

You could disintegrate them through various means and possibly different chemicals depending on the slime.

Depends on the composition of the goo in question, really. Goo ponies and by extension goo-lifeforms in general don't operate under normal rules of biology. Which will be elaborated upon later.

But most conventional weapons, guns, swords, piano wire, rely on cutting or force trauma to disrupt our delicate meat and bone bodies, which ceases to function fairly rapidly when cut or crushed, wouldn't do much to a goo as it would reform within moments. Wide area disruption, such as a shotgun blast (or possibly even a blunderbuss) might temporarely stun or disorient it. But your best bet would be to use a water hose to disperse it over a wide area and leg it before it pulls itself back together. Since I sincerily doubt your average goo encounter has you prepared with a flamethrower or a bucket of liquid nitrogen. (Which, depending on the goos actual chemical properties, may or may not be effective, a silicone based goo pony would have major temperature stability properties from +250c to -100c in addition to being relatively chemically inert and low-toxic)

Freezing it would most likely only put it into a stasis, even if it shatters, there are no delicate organs or connective tissues to destroy, and the goo is just one good thawing away from pulling herself together.

Boiling it away into nothing would be cruel, unusual, and only temporary, as even a creature thats ninetyeight per cent liquid by mass will leave some kind of powdery residue, which would absorb moisture from the air until the goo reforms. Possibly disoriented and really really thirsty, but little worse off for wear.

Less conventional weapons includes water balloons, cakes, pies and other items rich in sugars which may send the goo-pony into a sugar-high coma. All living things needs to eat after all, and if it eats, it metabolizes, and if it metabolizes it can be overloaded. Once subdued the rampaging goo-pony can be captured and brought to group therapy where it can work out its aggression in a safe and caring enviroment while it works off its icecream headaches.

4822802 If it depends on the slime pony I think.

If it were structured like a giant cell, I would guess that there would be some sort of "Core" that could be destroyed, and that might make it lose its shape and turn into inanimate goo.

If a slime pony were created with magic, it could be destroyed with some complicated magic attack or enchantment maybe? Vice Versa with science.

A slime pony that just naturally exists in the everfree feels like a whole other story.

Though the ways I can imagine natural slimes getting destroyed, could be through evaporation, getting frozen and split apart, getting consumed or absorbed, or it might not be possible for it to be split into pieces forever and it dies when the pieces are small enough.

However, there have easily been several slimes that are designed to be industructible, or just have a knack of escapign death. (Like the Symbiote from spiderman, comic book deaths will always mean nothing to the main and well received protagonists/antagonists, and Venom isn't going anywhere.)

So that's my take on it!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9