Equestrian Lantern Corps 195 members · 64 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

The earth one books are a mixed bag, I thought the first volume of superman earth one was alright but I liked the other two volumes, from what I read I don't want to check out Wonder Woman earth one and due to that they made batman not that competent I didn't really like batman earth one, I thought the first volume of teen titans earth one was jsut okay (I didn't like the look hey gave deathstroke) and I have yet to read volume 2

But after getting green lantern earth one, this is pretty much my fave book In the line especially as a big gl fan. The art is good and the atmosphere has an alien feel to it at the beginning as reviews have pointed out

There is a lot of liberties taken with the mythology including Hal's job and how the gl corps worked, especially with them making it that anyone can pick up and use a ring and they eliminated the oath which I didn't like

People have complained about hwo cartoonish the manhunters looked but personally I didn't have a problem with it

Since Hal has been stuck in space for years I want him to go to earth and learn there is now an alien superhero

Some spoiler stuff:

seems that they are setting up the last guardian of the unvierse who I presume to be krona to be the next villain and will be leading the yellow lanterns

there is cameos of recognisable alien gls including sinestro

..... YOU DO REALIZE THAT BATMAN IS IN HIS EARLY STAGES RIGHT? The only one I agree with is Wonder Woman Earth One and GL Earth One.

Even in his early stages in most incarnations he has some level of competence
Plus he didn't travel the world to master fightign techniques or have much of his usual detective skills doesn't exactly show him to be an effective batman

Yeah because everyone just wants him to be this Mary Sue angsty and edgy boi.

I am not saying that
I can handle him needing to be grown into the world's greatest detective role but I don't want to wonder if he actually has a clue what he's doing

In volume 2 he says he didn't want to wear body armor because it would give the impression he needed body armor, am I supposed to expect someone who is that stupid to be close to the batman we know

I am for showing him needing to take time to adjust and improve his skills but I don't think this was the way to take it

Because this is totally not how perfect Batman would be. Batman always gets the best of everything because he's Batman. Forgive me but this was a better take on his early years then most other takes on them.

Guess we will have to agree to disagree since I don't think even in his earliest days even batman one of the most prideful heroes there are would be so prideful to think he should not wear proper armor just for some symbol

Personally I think his early days was done much better in batman year one and batman arkham origins

Isn't Earth Onne a younger Alternative Universe?

Think of it as basically dc's ultimate universe, the role that was supposed to be for the al, star line before their failure

That was what I was thinking. It doesn't follow the origins and is meant to be a newer take.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11