Dragon Ball Xenoverse 41 members · 4 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

With there being rumors of a sequel to Xenoverse, I was thinking about what kinds of changes and improvements they could make to it:

1: More Character Creation Options:

In my opinion, a few of the options for customizing the characters felt pretty limited. Such as the options for their height, width, hairstyle, and even voices. I feel the next one could try taking the “Soul Caliber” approach and add more options such as:

More hairstyles to choose from(or different head in general if you want your character to be bald).

More options for your characters muscle tone and girth(it's kinda jarring that only the female allowed to be scared while the male ones are always bulky and fat) as well as their forms (such as Freiza’s race, particularly the option to use his third form).

The option to change the tone of your characters voices in more ways than just one tone, and be able to set it to your liking.

2: More Clothing Options:

Again I turn to Soul Caliber as an example, in the game you had several parts of the body to alter:

Head
Face
Undergarments
Upper Body
Upper Body Covering
Lower Body
Hip
Neck and Back
Arms
Shoulders
Ankle
Feet
Special Equipment 1
Special Equipment 2
Special Equipment 3

Compared to that, Xenoverse feels way too limited. Now don't be mistaken, I'm not saying that the next game has to have this many options, but it wouldn't hurt to have less limitations for how I want to dress my character. For example, I want to wear a scouter but I also want the Z-Sword on my back, or I want to wear Bardock’s armor with Piccolo’s cape, or a simple cape to wear with Vegeta’s Saiyan armor. Yet due to the limited options I can't.

Xenoverse has shown that character creation is more than doable, now believe it's time they took it to the next level.

3: More Race Options:

Dragonball Heroes had a good idea with the Hero Avatars, and with more races popping up I believe we benefit from more options as well, for example:

Androids: Male, Female, and a Cell model as well.

Supreme Kais: Male, Female, as well as options for which Kai they’d represent: North, South, East & West.

Gods of Destruction: It's been shown that Beerus isn't the only one out there so why not?

Heck, why not have races like the Tuffles be an option? They've been established as enemies of the Saiyans, this would be an interesting chance to get more insight on their race(or even have Machine Mutant's as options).

4: More Extensive Storyline, More Timelines to visit:

While the Parallel Quests were fun little distractions from the main story, I wish that we had a few more cutscenes and story to give it more depth, Plus it wouldn't hurt to be able to see multiple futures in which the bad guys win and help the remaining heroes fight them.

A crowning example of what kind of stories could be used comes in the form of one of the Freiza-race NPCs named Percel:

He's dealing with a version of the Dragon Ball era where King Piccolo absorbed Kami and his demon army is at war with the Red Ribbon Army, who now have Android soldiers. And then to make matters worse, Babadi showed up turning it into a three way battle.

Now THAT’S a timeline I’d like to explore! Raging Blast even had a few neat “what-if” stories, and who knows what other kinds of cool “what-if” timelines could be visited?

5: More Characters:

If we can have the clothing of the movie/filler characters in the game then we should be able to have the characters themselves as well. I mean, in Raging Blast we got movie characters such as Bojack, Hatchiyack, Cooler, Turles, and Super Android 13, and in Budokai Tenkaichi 3 we got characters like Garlic Jr., King Piccolo, Dr. Wheelo, Lord Slug, and even Pilaf!

And I don't think I need to mention Dragonball Heroes and their ever-expanding options for characters.

How cool would it be to not only bring these characters back but pit them against enemies and heroes both old and new?

6: Weapon-Centric Attacks:

Why is it that the Power Pole was the only one to get a unique attack? There are several items in the game that are weapons from the series and yet we don't have any option to use them in battle? That is a major missed opportunity that I think needs to be addressed.

7: Bigger Teams:

In the PQ’s you're limited to three-man teams, I personally think it should be bumped up to five (heck “Battle of Z” had four-man teams). I mean let's be honest, wouldn't it be cool to make an entire team from Goku's family, or the Ginyu Force, the Red Ribbon Androids, Freiza or Buu’s various forms, or just an entire gang of villains?

8: Minor Things:

More save slots for your characters.

The option to choose your other created characters for you PQ teams.

Playable Giant characters.

That's all I've got at the moment, so what are your thoughts? Do you have any ideas that you'd like to see in the next game? If so don't hesitate to leave a comment!

4999019 I'd like the option to create how your character looks not be a fucking DragonBall wish just put a face changer vendor and spend some money.

Oh and maybe go the halo 4 route with outfits having alternsting color placement and code

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2