The Triptych Continuum 562 members · 37 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

I am aware that Anchor Foal does not take place in the Triptych 'verse, but I couldn't think of a better place to post this. It didn't feel right as a comment on the story, and while I read TV Tropes I'm not a member there.

So let's have a round of wild-mass-guessing on possible ships and pairings for Fluttershy.

Flittershy - Come on, the ship name is perfect, and Hypocracy of Tolerance hints at something more between them.

Flashshy - Bonus inexplicably jealous Twilight.

Fancyshy - He was willing to buy the tapestry, is marrying a former supermodel that much of a stretch? It could also be what triggers the parade of nobles.

Film-Flam-Flutter - Polygamy is legal in Equestria, and you can bet the brothers had a scam figured out when they heard of the situation.

Sizzleshy - Single, lonely, socially awkward, and they both work with animals... Kind of.

Flutterdocks -What better way for Murdocks to stick it to the Princesses than by getting involved in this plan?

Flutterfinish - "We will make de magiks."

List your own suggestions below.

Fleur's talent is really finding the motivations behind ponies, ain't it?

It'd be very entertaining to see a round with all the Bearers and if they work out. Let's see...

Big Mac x Fluttershy. The oldest textbook shy ship possibly in the fandom.

Fluttershy x Wordia Spinner. Can you imagine? It'd be so awful.

Fleur x Fluttershy. Romcom staple, the matchmaker falls in love with the one they're trying to match up. Also has great potential to be terrible.

Snowflake x Fluttershy. They'd never go for it for the reasons outlined in the verse about they feel towards one another, but I could see him being one of her early dates just to get her into the idea. Also it'd be cute.

Rachette x Fluttershy. They could bond over having 'wrong' marks and being bad fliers.

Damn, it's actually harder than I thought it would be to think of pairings with characters that are specific to Estee's writing, especially when you named most of them already. I could branch out into other AUs just for fun but that would probably just bore or confuse people. This is a fun exercise though. We should update this thread with likely guesses as the fic goes on.

Fleurshy has my vote. I mean, we've already seen that Fleur thinks she's attractive.

Fluttershy X Discord.

Yeah. I went there.

After figuring out the concept behind it, and actually being somewhat in favor of it, an idea occurs to Discord: he wants the absolute best for Fluttershy, and who is the most devastatingly handsome, intelligent, charismatic, and sexy draconequus around?

The fact that he's the only the is secondary.

So, he excitedly tell Fluttershy all of this, to which she reacts...somewhat badly.

Except...he still hasn't actually started seducing her yet.

And when he does start, he's not half bad.

He already knows what overwhelms her and what doesn't; he starts making poop eating plants to help her clean (and finally gets rid of the lingering smell in her cottage. The Arbre Magique had to be specifically imported from the MINTY FRESH DIMENSION).

And Fluttershy gives it a shot.

Everything goes better than expected.

Eleven months later, Celestia and Luna are still recovering from the hangover, and promptly start heavily drinking again.

I'd certainly go with Snowflake x Fluttershy as a good warm up date for Flutters. Fleur is likely to ask if there are any stallions she feels somewhat safe around and she can certainly interact with him without wanting to hide under her bed. It may not be a romantic relationship but baby steps and all that.

I would agree. It's plausible for the early goings to ease Fluttershy into the experience.

You know, Mr. Rich would be very interesting as a suitor. If everypony isn't creeped out by the age difference...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8