Hidden Depths 154 members · 353 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
NemoSpecific
Group Admin

To sum up, "Celestia Steals the Moon" is a story about a young Celestia playing a prank on a young Luna.

And that's it. It doesn't reveal any deeper motivations, it doesn't explore new facets of the sisters or their relationship, it doesn't suggest possible formative experiences that helped define the ponies they would grow up to be... it's just a short story about a little filly playing a prank on her sister.

Unless someone can point out some hidden depths to me, I'm going to take it out of the group. I'll give it and this thread a day to get responses before taking it down.

Also, I'm a little annoyed that it was put in the "Ponies" and "Unsorted" folders. There's an "Alicorn" folder right there, for crying out loud!

Dancewithknives
Group Contributor

The poster should read the rules before adding, so its their own fault.

NemoSpecific
Group Admin

Well, it's not like there are actual rules for the group posted anywhere. There's the mission statement, but that's just a few examples and a few guidelines -- nothing concrete saying "Stories MUST be this" or "Stories CANNOT be that"

The category thing though, that was just lazy. :derpytongue2: easily fixed, at least...

I'll admit, I'm mostly putting this up to the group just because I'd like to more activity here. I'm willing to be wrong on this, but there's not a lot work with in this story.

3826013 Removing it makes sense based on the synopsis you provided.

Well dependig on how you look at it, showing that even ponies with as much power and responsibility as those two where once innocent foals could be considered added depth.

Just playing Tirek's advocate here.

On the other hand, Celestia having a mischievous streak is already pretty well established.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6