Wings Of Fire Fanclub 39 members · 3 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10
Pyra Lira
Group Admin

Want to share your theories for Wings of Fire/MLP? Post them here! I know I have a couple I want to share.

1) Were There Ancient Tribes?
So, I've been mulling this over for a while, and thought 'Usually there's only the pure elementals, like earth, air, water, and fire. So why is there only the water dragons?' and I believe I have a good explanation.
Originally there were these tribes: StoneWings, FlameWings, WindWings, and SeaWings, who lived thousands of years ago. What may have happened was that there was a lot of interbreeding, which created the first of the new tribes. SandWings from the Stone and FlameWings, SkyWings from the Flame and WindWings, etc. Eventually, something must have caused these hybrids to strike back against their kin; perhaps they were to be wiped out by the older tribes? So the hybrids fought against them. The SeaWings survived by retreating underwater, while the rest of the old tribes were wiped off the map.
But there is one flaw in my theory so far: Where did the Ice, Rain, and NightWings come from? Which leads into my next theory...

2) How Does Magic Factor Into Pyrrhia?
Backing on the origin theory of the modern tribes, where did the RainWings, NightWings, and IceWings come from, and how did animus dragons come into existence? Simple; there was a fifth element: Magic. By mixing Sea and Magic, we get the IceWings. By mixing Wind and Magic, we get RainWings. NightWings, I believe, are a hybrid of every type. Animus dragons could be a byproduct of that, when eggs hatched into the normal tribes.

I may post more. :twistnerd:

What may have happened was that there was a lot of inbreeding

You mean interbreeding. Inbreeding is when two family members mate, and that usually has the child end up with a mutation, and mutations, 99.9% of the time(roughly) are crippling in real life.

My own theory is that roughly 65 million years ago, the meteor the hit Earth contained a bunch of magical energy. The majority of dinosaurs were killed off, but a relative few were transformed into a new species: the dragon. At first the dragon was just a basic giant winged lizard, but then over the course of millions of years they split off into different groups and gained attributes based on their environments. These attributes weren't necessarily what they needed, but what was around them, because magic. For example: dragons in the north gained ice breath, even though that is extremely useless to them as everything around them is either resistant to cold or already frozen.
Humans evolved normally alongside them, the fact that there was a new major predator offset by the fact that dragon bones, teeth, claws, and hide made very good tools and weapons, and that their meat was very healthy and filling, partially because magic.
Also, the reason why the continent actually looks like a dragon is because the meteor reshaped the continent the shape of its favored creature and the reason why dragons developed civilization in time to avoid extinction by human is because the meteor didn't want them to die and gave all dragons the idea that they should make a society.

Pyra Lira
Group Admin

Two problems.

Also, the reason why the continent actually looks like a dragon is because the meteor reshaped the continent the shape of its favored creature and the reason why dragons developed civilization in time to avoid extinction by human is because the meteor didn't want them to die and gave all dragons the idea that they should make a society.

This is a meteor we're talking about, not a god. Meteors aren't sentient, and certainly aren't capable of that.

3696988 They are when they're magic.

Pyra Lira
Group Admin

Dude, no. :facehoof: Magic doesn't explain everything. That's why we have science.

3697105 It does when the explanations are vague enough.

Pyra Lira
Group Admin

3697206 No, just... Just no. That's the thing about headcannons, they need to follow the logic within the world they're of. Which means that, if you have no evidence from within Pyrrhia, then you have no real logic or reasoning backing you, and no one will believe you. But it would make sense in a world of your own creation...

Not to mention that the Meteor that wiped out the dinosaurs also caused a several century long overcast winter because the size of the blast covered the planet with a cloud layer of ash dust and flaming debris from the meteor's impact. The reason the dinosaurs went extinct wasn't just because of the initial blast, that only took out like 25% of them, maybe even less than that. The winter that followed is what wiped out the rest of them, the only animals that survived being small mammals, crocodiles, sharks, birds, and other animals that were adaptive enough to endure those conditions for so long. Dinosaurs and other reptilians of similar size were too large by that point to be able to survive off of what was left after the meteor hit.

Magic can't explain that away.

5314514 Maybe it made all the dragons go into magic hibernation until the winter passed.

Dragons are living creatures like anything else, they need to eat food to conserve energy for that hibernation so they don't die from sleeping for so long. And also, these are the Wings of Fire dragons, not the one's from Equestria. They can't hibernate for centuries while waiting for the world to get warmer.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10