The Mailbox: Reloaded 86 members · 1 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
bats
Group Admin

May 20th

From Twilight Sparkle

Dear Fluttershy,

I’ve been thinking of you all morning. I’m about to head out to Cloudsdale (after the stylist finishes getting my mane ready), and thinking about pegasi keeps reminding me of the adventure you’re going on. It sounds so exciting! I know everypony else was surprised to hear you were going, but really, it sounds like something you’re right at home doing, surrounded by all sorts of animals. You might even find something nopony’s ever seen before! Maybe you’ll be able to write a book about the trip afterwards! You have to tell me about what you learn out there.

My day is a little less exciting than that. I’m still waiting on my chaperone party from Canterlot to finish preparing everything. Ugh. I could probably have flown to Cloudsdale by now, but I’m being met by the mayor when I land and having a dinner with all of the griffon and pegasi dignitaries, so I’m supposed to arrive in a regal manner. That’s something I haven’t really gotten used to yet; part of doing “official” things is not being allowed to do anything myself.

Anyway, Rainbow gave me an…interesting list of places to go in Cloudsdale. I know you haven’t lived there in a very long time, but do you have anywhere that’s more my speed you think I should go? I’m getting out to the museums as soon as I have the chance, but so far I have a deli to save for when Rainbow can come see me and a restaurant where I should avoid the pickles.

I hope you’re having a good time on your trip! I know it might be a little overwhelming for you to go out of your comfort zone like that, but I could see how excited you were about it. You’ll do great, I just know it.

Missing you already,

Twilight

Peroth E
Group Admin

Dear Twilight,

Dear Princess Twilight Sparkle?

Will other ponies get mad at me if I don’t call you princess? I hope they don’t return this letter if it’s addressed improperly.

I was really scared of being so far away from my friends. I’ve never left Equestria before, and I’m doing it alone! I can’t even believe I put my hoof this far forward. It’s scary, but I feel safe with the team. Not like I feel with you girls, but I feel confident that everything will be fine. I really do hope that I meet some really interesting animals, one of my guides, Candis was telling me about what to expect.

Our first stop is going to be the Griffalabella coast. A variety of rare birds and aquatic mammals make their homes in warm, temperate waters and along the cliff sides. The beachside has an extensive coral ecosystem that’s attracted a variety of fish, making it a desirable hunting spot for a lot of animals, including the Whiskered Griffala Dolphin, the Muddy Manta Ray, and the Black-Billed Harrier. Sir Dusty Tracks said he wanted to try and tag a Three-Striped Swooper while they were in the middle of their migration.

Speaking of which, Sir Dusty Tracks is our safari leader! Remember the book I shared with you last year, Stripes of the Savannah? That was his book! I hope I can get some tips from him, I’d love to share my knowledge with the world like he did, but I have to find some animals first.

As for Cloudsdale, I know you dislike the officialness of Canterlot, but Cloudsdale is better! I mean, only by a little. Cloudsdale is very proud of its athletic and military tradition, it’d be extremely polite to compliment any Cloudsdale’s officials on medals they’re wearing. If they talk about their ancestors, be sure to listen closely, and try to admire their great grandfather’s rank and military profile. Celebrity fliers are some of the most revered figures in Cloudsdale, I know you’re a princess but offering your respect is a good way to get in the pegasi’s good graces.

When you don’t have to shake hooves and smile all the time, I’d recommend the Cloudfleet Museum on the western cumulus and the Cloudsdale Museum on Thunder Lane. The first is full of Equestria’s military history, with documents from the very first outpost set up in the badlands to a lock of Queen Chrysalis’ hair. The latter is all about how Cloudsdale came to be the pegasi capital in Equestria, as well as general pegasus history.

If I remember right, the school quadrant is also home to all of Cloudsdale’s libraries, but I didn’t spend much time in the school quadrant after hours. You’ll also be able to find the astrology lab in the university but you’ll need special permission to see it (just ask the front desk). Cloudsdale is also the foremost expert on both weather and alternative farming. That basically means they try to set up farms on the clouds, and there was a story about one successful plot growing tomatoes in the university, I’m sure they could use some help from the smartest princess in Equestria.

As for food, there are a lot of sandwich shops set up around the flying field. You’ll find sandwiches, grilled and fried foods, freshly treated salads, they even had a nice quiche place last time I was there. If you want a restaurant, I can’t help you much there, I didn’t eat in very much, I usually picked up something for home.

Right now, I am very outside of my comfort zone. I’m in a wagon full of boys! I feel tiny, though they’ve been mostly pleasant. I wish you girls could be here to experience this with me, but I guess that would come into conflict with your other plans. Oh well, I’ll be back by the end of the summer and we can share our stories in person!

With love,
Fluttershy

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3