Supportive Commentary Club 78 members · 120 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
Recteik Shade
Group Contributor

Title: The Switcheroo

Author: Avox

Overview:
I gotta say this was a wonderful read, coming in with an 11,000+ word count it was just the sort of meaty fic I like to sink my teeth into. It starts out with Celestia winding down a bad day, and taking her evening meal as Luna is just having her breakfast. The too exchange words which quickly becomes an argument as Celestia misspeaks and gives Luna the impression that she has it easy by comparison. With them on sour terms a nearby servant (Whom at first I was confident was Discord) offers an idea, a simple spell that would allow them to live each others lives for a day.

After the two perform the spell, it goes into Luna's perspective, at first she is a little overwhelmed by the sheer volume of her sisters workload. But, without going into too many details and spoiling the whole story, we get to see Luna shine as a Princess.

The story then shifts to Celestia's p.o.v. and she experiences what Luna's nights are like, which is which is a kind of lonely that approaches heart-rending, an being forced to experience the contempt some ponies still have for Luna's time as Nightmare Moon. Once again, without spoiling all the wonderful little details, Celestia gains a good understanding for her sister, and vice-versa.

Opinion:
This was a wonderful and engaging read that almost had me crying during some of the more emotional parts. The concept of living another's life to gain a better perspective is an very old one, but no less relevant even in modern society. I thoroughly enjoyed this fic, and it is now in my favourites, I would definitely recommend giving this wonderfully meaty one shot a read.

Rating:
8.7/10 Entertaining and well paced this was a pleasure to read. It also gives the reader a fairly good idea what the daily life of a political figure like the Princesses must be like.

Negatives:
This story I am pleased to say had very few issues, though there were about a dozen points where the same word was written twice. While not even the close to the worse thing an author can do ( Especially since I catch myself doing it all the time :derpytongue2:) it did, at least for me, slow down the pacing of the story. However this is a small thing that can easily be fixed with a little editing.

Positives:
As I've already said several times, i liked this one... A lot! :pinkiehappy: Of the princesses Luna was always my favourite, not my waifu, but definitely my favourite. I always felt that Luna's reintegration into both modern Equestrian society as well as her taking up the 'Mantle of Responsibility' as one of the nations Diarchs, was something that should have been addressed in greater depth.

Avox
Group Contributor

3404522 Thank you for the very nice review! :pinkiehappy:

Recteik Shade
Group Contributor

3407311 :pinkiehappy: A job well done then

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4