A New World, a New Way fan group 789 members · 88 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17

I can't help but notice that a lot of the fics in this verse don't represent a lot of types of Pokemon, particularly bug Pokemon. It seems like the only bug types that are particularly common are larger ones like scizor, and we don't get any of the smaller ones like the wurmple line. I myself do this too, but I'm not really entirely sure why.

Another group there isn't a lot of is Pokemon that require water to live in, like fish Pokemon. I feel like the reason these aren't used is obvious, since it's problematic having a character that's permanently stuck in water, but I'd be interested to see someone goin into this issue and how it affects the Pokemon and it's trainer since pokeballs for land transport have been removed from the equation.

Any other ideas or observations similar to these?

My non canon story introduces two new types

The Metroid type :D which includes Pokemon who exhibit various levels of swag and superiority

The Prime type^•^ Pokemon of this type have the power to wreck their opponents four ways than one.

These are totally fair game when it comes to battle :^}

I myself love Bug Pokemon and wish to see more of them represented. In fact, I believe I'll be using a couple, thanks! You've just influenced me!

I have an abundance of Dark and Ice-type Pokemon over others.

I just realized my team for the story I'm planning is a fire type, two grass types, a normal type, and a dragon type. I need to get some less used types on my teams...

I have four normal types. Farfetch'd, Snorlax, Porygon Z, and Miltank.
Four Psychic types. Beyheyeem, Starmie, Solrock, and Lunatone.

I want to use a Beedrill.

5091969 I honestly think the Poison type is underloved. Other then Sev, there aren't really any poison types in major roles or much at all.

What about Valerie :^(
Being a poison type is like her entire shtick in my story

5091969 I've noticed that too. Even though all Pokémon are apparently sentient in this universe, even this series falls into the trap of only personifying tetrapod-based ones. There are some exceptions, such as May's Beautifly and the various Flygon, but still.
One of my goals with my off-site story Eighteen Elements was to use Pokémon rarely seen in fanfics, such as Cherubi or Poliwag, but I ended up cancelling it because I couldn't get any input on it. Secret of the Great Sea's doing a better job - when was the last time you saw a Hoppip outside of TheJWittz?

Comment posted by Evowizard25 deleted Mar 7th, 2016

5093216 5093216 AH yes, to be truthful, since the 'incident' last year, I'm rather behind on most stories in this group and haven't given it a thorough reading yet. However, I still hold interest and will eventually get to it.

5093470 I hate when that happens. :facehoof:

I think you'll both be glad to know that I'm going to be using a Poison-Type that I, personally, have in fact never seen in a fanfiction, much to my disappointment. It's actually one of my favourite Pokemon.

And I'm actually surprised I haven't seen much of this species either.

5093787 It'd odd, the second one I mean. There is a story where a Rapidash is the main character and one that has a minor one in a Ponyta, but overall, it isn't used. {Aside from Aus' non-ANW pokemon fic} It's probably because it's already equine and they want more of a reaction from the ponies and show them more gradually accepting pokemon. It's a species thing. The alike it is, the easier it is to accept. Other then their height {about Saddle Arabian height, so it wouldn't be that much of an issue} and the literal flames on its body, it's pretty much a pony. Makes the whole 'attraction' thing a lot easier though.

Yeah, but it'd open up a whole other can of cultural differences for the human-turned-pokemon and the ponies, don't you think? Imagine if, even in passing, one of the ex-humans mentions that they used to go Rapidash riding. All the drama!

5093805 Oh all the innuendos that could cause. :twilightoops:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17