Suicide prevention group 94 members · 24 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

I want to die. I'm just going to say it.
Well... No.
I don't want to die, but I don't want to live either.
I think the proper thing is, I won't kill myself purposely, but if someone killed me, I would feel free.
I just, this darkness and despair drowns me and my soul.
The reason why is not because of a tragic story or anything. It's just, everyone around me has something to earn recognition for their talents. They are good at art, writing, math, whatever.
Me?
Everytime I do something good, no one recognizes it. For God's sake everyone, no joke, EVERYONE got a form in English for a national honors society...
Except for me.
I have rather good grades, I work hard, and I'm caring for others. I would sacrifice myself for my friends in an heartbeat.
No one cares.
They talk at school how they are paying attention for people with depression, but they can't see it when they see it right in front of them.
I am just a bag of flesh with no talents, nothing to worry about. Or care about.
I just...
I realize I'm going to die forgotten.
This scares me, which is why I can't sleep anymore because I worry about grades, I don't eat because I want someone to think I'm pretty, and I have begun self harm because it's too much.
Honestly, I now commit under age drinking because it helps me forget about how worthless I am.
Help me. Please.

6337117 You don't have to prove anything to others. The world is yours for the taking whether others approve or not.

Do you know what terrify's me? Being a Superman. Having lots of talents at my disposal. That's the worst thing possible. Can you imagine Superman watching TV or playing a video game while people are dying out there because of his inaction? He couldn't do such thing. His sense of obligation would not allow it.

But you're free. What if, unlike others, you've been sent to this world to have fun? Any talents would only stand in your way.

Stop and smell the flowers. Look at what you already have, for what you have is not little.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2