Dangan Ronpa Crossovers 51 members · 21 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

Hey everyone, is it just me but does anyone else see the similarities between Starlight Glimmer and Junko Enoshima?

For Junko, despair is everything to her. Her means as well as her ends. With her charisma and manipulative skills, she made those with talent or no talent fall into despair, regardless of what bright future they had before them. In Dangan Ronpa 2, she(her A.I. alter ego anyway) tried to make all of mankind no different from her, her total EQUALS in every way.

For Starlight, despair was just a means to her to reach her goal: equality. She made ponies despair that their cutiemarks, which represents their passions and confidence in their talent, was keeping them from forming *true* friendships as well as making them despair for being unique and different from everybody.

You can't have a nightmare
if you never dream. ~ (MLP:FiM-Starlight's philosophy/ideal)

“As long as you don't yearn for hope... You'll never fall victim to despair...” ~ (DR2- Junko Enoshima)''

Do you agree or disagree?

4852286 I could see those, yes. I actually did notice that they were similar in that they were both "cult-leader" type villains, charismatic enough to trick people into acting against their own self interest in favor of their leaders. However, in the interest of having a devil's advocate, they certainly aren't carbon copies. I'd say that while in methodology they are the same, in terms of motivation Junko is more in line with Discord. Like Discord is the embodiment of Chaos, Junko is the embodiment of Despair. I feel like Starlight is most likely going to have a more complex backstory than just "born with an equality obsession." Further, Starlight seems to encourage people to enjoy their forced equality. Junko wants people to live in despair knowing that she is the only one who can truly enjoy it.

Completely agree with you dude. Do you think Starlight will change her tune if she becomes aware of Junko, at what she done and how she did it, and the comparisons between them?

4854536 I think Starlight would take notes.

I must ask, do you notice the similarities of Kirigiri and Twilight? Mioda and Pinkie? Tsumiki and Fluttershy? All of them have similarities in personality.

Kirigiri is smart and relies on her expertise in dire situations as does Twilight. The two carry the air of knowledge yet their intellect divides them in a certain point. Twilight has become closer to people, but Kirigiri is still distant.
Mioda is a wild party animal with hyperactive traits and a love for music much like Pinkie. Making them seem quiet alike. Fun fact, Sunset Shimmers Japanese voice actress played Mioda in the Danganronpa anime.
Lastly Tsumiki and Fluttershy, they both have a dark side and are shy caretakers. They end up in embarrassing situations on the regular. And are teased by others for their personality and shy nature.

Do any of you find it strange that ALL the DR characters were reincarnated as ponies?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6