Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
WrathOfGod519
Group Admin

So I heard you guys liek reading and/or writing, and would allegedly like to improve or something.

So how about a game of heavily modified everyone is john (ultra slow, shitty forum-based edition) in the same style of one of my previous masterpieces (not a thinly veiled attempt at adverting I promise:pinkiecrazy:).
Disclaimer: This is stupid.

The idea is this, your character™, whether that be a red and black alicorn with amnesia or purple smart herself find themselves in a rather awful predicament. There's suddenly voices in their head that they must obey or else they receive horrendous cluster headaches that can't be countered, which quickly progress to outright mind control.

There is no plot, the situation, characters and writing is all up to the author narrating the entire debacle.

The only conditions being the head-voices (the other players, I.E anyone who posts in brackets) and the fact that the character is painfully forced to obey their commands.

The idea being that you can overcome authors block and practice characterization by receiving outside input on the direction your story is heading, and plus you have to figure out how exactly your character is going to respond to the lunatics in their head begging them to masturbate in the schoolhouse and/or dress as a drag queen.

Now assuming anyone even wants to play, I'd like to start by saying that I fucking detest rules, so here's a list of them:

Rules for the voices:
◙ Anything you say to the player should be in brackets (*****)
◙ Break down commands, anything like "go assassinate Celestia" can be ignored (I.E it doesn't cause a headache if disobeyed), you have to get the character to board a train first ect.
◙ You can however set basic rules such as "don't ever tell X that you're Y".
(suggestions)
◙ Derail or try to cause pointless violence at your leisure, it's funny.
◙ If you don't want X character to die make preemptive commands.

Rules for the narrator:
◙ The game ends once you get bored or the character dies.
◙ You can't ignore posts anymore than a schizophrenic without anti-psychotics can ignore the bald creatures making out on the bedroom ceiling. UNLESS the action isn't even remotely possible, then the character doesn't get a headache.
(suggestions)
◙ Optionally since this is meant to be character driven, try to roleplay the character. If two commands are conflicting, say twilight has to either guzzle a bottle of wine or gift it to rarities little sister then go with whatever you think the character would choose if they had to.
◙ Where you start and end each post is entirely up to you, but try and make 2 paragraphs or something to dissuade the mods from thinking this is roleplay.

The following is completely optional: Seriously.
DICE ROLLER
To make things more interesting (and bloody), lets make it more DnD like with the inclusion of an optional rule-set. Here's an example I made, but choose your own if you want.
This is basically here because of the character dies rule and helps you keep track of various things, plus adds a element of randomness to the game. Say twilight has to break a glass vase over worst pony's stupid head, roll her strength to see how hard her weedy arms can bring it down. You have to live with the consequences of first roll, cheating is no fun.
Also it deliberately fucks up any attempt at giving the story a coherent narrative, ergo that it is a game and not a story, this is all about character.

(Also optional, but it'd be nice if you'd put this in the first post even if you're not using a rule-set and update it when necessary by editing the post so people can keep track of small details easily.)
Simplified Character Sheet:
Name:
Species:
Bio: a description of the character physically? a rougue with blond hair? Personality ect. Not needed if cannon character.

Current wounds and effects:
This is basically a list of ailments that apply to your character, say worst pony broke your jaw after you failed your strength roll, this makes it easier to keep track of how wretched you're making the character become through inane requests. yay
Further examples that were copy pasta:
example: Character has a broken nose.

Example 2: Character has had his arm recently amputated (+3 to all stats due to fatigue), he /she is unable to use two handed weapons unless augmented or some shit, which might not be possible in the current game world, so sorry. forever unbalanced (+2 agility after fatigue wears off).

Inventory: A rope, half eaten cupcake, dead snake ect. Shit they have stored away in a backpack or other storage space.

Equipment: Shit they're wearing or can use as equipment, for example a set of Leather Armour, hoof mounted crossbow, a can of pepper spray.

Not sure if this counts as roleplay, I don't think it does, anyway don't post one word replies just in case.

As the proprietor of this stupid idea I'll go first as narrator:
Character Sheet:
Name: Sunset Shimmer
Species: Pony - Unicorn.
Bio: Too lazy to fill out. but it's set before she went into the mirror or abandoned Celestia.

Stats (you can ignore this crap):
According to my system the lower a stat is the better, with some exceptions such as Magika.
Magika: 250 out of 250
vitality: 20
Strength: 18
Accuracy: 10
Intellect: 9
Agility: 15
charisma: 14

Spells:
Can Teleport Uses 30 Mana.

Knows a spell that can send enchanted parchment (-5 mana) or other paper (-15 mana) to the princess.

Shimmer: A blinding light disorients whomever sees it. (-15 mana)

More to be added, feel free to make suggestions when giving commands.

Special Abilities
Student of the sun: Is well respected within the palace, charisma rolls win automatically where applicable.

Current wounds and effects:
Perfectly Healthy.

Inventory:
A quill and sealed ink, several books involving the art of magical duels, several blank pieces of parchment.

Equipment:
Librarians travel bag.

Heads up, I suck at writing, moreso and especially when I have no idea what to write at 3 am in the morning. Anywho, make the thread live up to the banner:

Canterlot Castle, school study
The sound of falling hooves echoed down the corridors as a young mare with a yellow coat glided confidently down the halls towards the empty study, it was non other than sunset shimmer student of the unconquerable sun herself, a title she liked to stress at every available opportunity, much to the bemusement of her teacher.
The room echoed with the sound of heavy oaken doors being flung open, the tower that would later be home to a certain lavender filly was lit by the midday sun, it's open windowed vista giving a great view and bight lighting. Standing as still as they had been, the mare noticed the guards standing at either side of the entrance and they wordlessly passed each other without making any acknowledgement of the others presence, knowing the routine by now anyway. Guards were always spectacularly dull and boring ponies in her personal opinion, they knew their place and she knew hers.

She planted herself on a plush cushion as the doors slammed shut, taking out her books on magical dueling techniques and turning to the bookmarked page she settle down to read for an hour until she'd meet up with Celestia.

Twifight Sparkill
Group Admin

I APPROVE OF THIS MESSAGE!

WrathOfGod519
Group Admin

So whens the next writing prompt?

Twifight Sparkill
Group Admin

Hm. I was hoping your idea would spark something. It'll be up soon. I'm losing followers like fleas after an hour long bath! Yikes!

Hat
Group Admin

Sorry WrathOfGod, I wanted to post something but I'm scared I'll break one of the rules (there are so many and I have no familiarity with DnD either).

WrathOfGod519
Group Admin

Motherfucker did you read the part where it said the rules were optional? :pinkiecrazy:

Also there are only 3 non-optional rules.

Rules for the voices:
◙ Anything you say to the player should be in brackets (*****)
◙ Break down commands, anything like "go assassinate Celestia" can be ignored (I.E it doesn't cause a headache if disobeyed), you have to get the character to board a train first ect.
◙ You can however set basic rules such as "don't ever tell X that you're Y".

Anywho fairly sure that I'm going to suck as a narrator , so if you want to take over feel free, you don't have to use the DnD system or anything, disregard rules as you feel fit or just willy nilly, they're more guidelines and suggestions anyway.

Anywho you wrote something in brackets so I'm going to take that as a move:

Character sheet is in the first post.

She was just getting to a good part involving a particularly unpleasant parrying technique when a voice called out:

(there are so many and I have no familiarity with DnD either).

The mare crossed her brow and slammed down her book, ready to admonish the brazen fool who dared venture into her private study and spew random gibberish, yet upon glancing around for a target she found no such thing, it seemed like she was apparently alone. She scowled "if this is some idiots idea of a joke... come out! I know you're in here"

The walls ate up her voice and left her alone with the sound of the gentle breeze rubbing against the outside windows and stonework. She huffed and got up, marching towards the door she threw it open with a creek, an bemused expression on her face as she stared at the nameless unicorn guarding the left side of the hallway, he raised a brow,

"I'll give you credit, that was a clever voice throwing spell, you even manage to cloak the magical residue, but would you not. As I'm sure you're well aware I have serious studies I must attend to".

He eye brow cocked a bit higher "what?"

Her eye twitched "You used magic to echo your voice inside the library".

Blink. "I did no such thing milady".

They stood starring at one another for a brief moment before she muttered a "right" and shut the door. Her scowl deepened, either they were playing dumb or somebody was up to shenanigans.

'Is this a test?'

She would not put it past her mischievous mentor to engage in this kind of silliness, she'd show her though, show her what a excellent student she was. All she needed to do was find the right tracing spells and wait for it to happen again, then she'd get all the kudos and respect, oh yes.

Hat
Group Admin

:trollestia:

Returning to her spot she noticed that her cushion had disappeared. Trying her hardest not to stamp her hoof by recalling what Celestia said about 'self-control', the anger was directed into her eyes. Any notion of being tested at that moment flew out the window—ah! Perhaps the cushion was caught on one of those magical breezes that sometimes originate from the academy. But after spending twenty enraptured minutes searching the room her grumbling stomach pulled her back to the full situation. Now she was even more frustrated having done barely any reading in the time she set aside for it and already pining for lunch.

Unexpectedly, she heard the door opening behind her and somepony take a few steps into her room. It was the guard to whom she had just spoken with and who was now quivering under her stare. There was also a detectable element of bashfulness. What did he want? Suddenly, Sunset's head began to throb.

(*screaming*)

WrathOfGod519
Group Admin

(Slam the door in his face then attempt to back-flip, it will further your goals.)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8