The Twidash Army 570 members · 532 stories
Comments ( 31 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 31
LightningBass94
Group Admin

It seems I have an army to command, albeit a smaller one. Also, I know at least one of you is a worse critic of my stories than me! Thanks, Cryosite. I actually appreciate your brutal honesty.

That being said, I've all but left this site... but no more! I am going to make one last-ditch attempt to be more active on this site. I'll need a miracle, but hey... friendship is magic. :rainbowwild:

I'm glad to see activity on this group again. I think it's dying was the beginning of a downward spiral that had me disappear at the bottom. With that, I can only offer my sincerest apologies and add one thing...

THE ARMY FALLS...

NO MORE!!

HUZZAH!!!!!!!

DH7

So you left the site because your forum became inactive? From what I've seen, that's pretty much inevitable for most forums, and I doubt that the return of group notifications will change that. I don't think there are many active shipping forums other than the main one, but I could be wrong.

You shouldn't have to put in an effort to be active here. You either want to spend time on Fimfiction, or you've got other shit to deal with. You don't have any more of an obligation forum post than you do in firing up a PS3/Xbox/console of choice.

Hey Bassie! Ya scared me. Don't ya see how this place just spiralled into anarchy? Clearly we need you here.:raritywink:

Friendship is Magic! /)

LightningBass94
Group Admin

3755464 Oh, no. I said it was the beginning of an entire string of events that pulled me further and further away. However, those events are over, and I want to get back into Fimfic. And to clarify, this is, was, and always will be more than a "shipping group." This is a place for me, my friends, their friends, and anyone else who would like to join in to hang out, have fun, and converse about common interests. Yes, it is a shipping group, but it's so much more than that. It's a community.

LightningBass94
Group Admin

3755466 If anarchy is synonymous with silence, then I agree.

Comment posted by DH7 deleted Nov 1st, 2014
DH7

This is a place for me, my friends, their friends, and anyone else who would like to join in to hang out, have fun, and converse about common interests. Yes, it is a shipping group, but it's so much more than that. It's a community.

I think I'd get that line from any forum admin. Forums are communities regardless of what they've based themselves around. The first forums I ever frequented were Final Fantasy boards, but topics varied widely, getting into everything from politics to life's woes. It, however, isn't typical for forums here to allow for topics not related to the primary focus of the group in some way, shape, form. That said, forget about shipping forums—I don't expect most forums in general to stay active, but as you've already said, that has little to do with your brief absence.

I'm not going to pry, but I'm assuming this string of events were negative, and that it's a good thing that it's all over and done with. If this is the case, then I'm glad for it.

LightningBass94
Group Admin

3755965 Hey, Sam. :twilightsmile: What's up?

3756079 I just found out my Nona past away at four A.M. to day.:pinkiesad2:

3756141 my grand mother on the Italian side of my family we called her Nonna, I misspelled it before.

LightningBass94
Group Admin

3756156 aaawwww. I'm sorry, man. :fluttercry:

LightningBass94
Group Admin

3756191 Are you alright? Were you close to her?

3756462 I didn't visit her much, but every Christmas everyone on tat side of the family would meet up at her house, I'm not quite sure about how I feel about her passing, just kinda sad.

LightningBass94
Group Admin

3756475 *hugs* Well, if you need to talk, hit me up, alright?

FrozenInTime
Group Admin

Glad to have you back.
Stay back this time.

3755426 Personaly I lost respect for Crysote when he read and downvoted shower fun.

He hated the first three stories of TiM (hey, not everyone will like everything, I didn't begrudge him his opinion) but then he read number 7 and did not like it... at that point i wrote him off as a troll. Anyone who would read the first three stories, not like it, and then skip to number 7? They're just trolling.

LightningBass94
Group Admin

3756964 SpoOoOoOoky! :trollestia:

3762072 I could say the same to you. :twilightsheepish:

3765732 *shrugs* I try not to judge.

Adda le Blue
Group Admin

He may have decided to simply skip to the not-quite-standalone side-clop in the hopes of finding something to enjoy. You can't please everypony. I don't know him well, but I think Cryosite seems like a decent guy (if a bit of a troll when the mood strikes).

That logic doesn't really follow with me... characters change and grow with each story. Skipping so far in hopes of finding something to enjoy is largely impossible as you don't know what the characters have been through, their emotional/physical journey, or any of the new characters that were introduced in the middle.

Don't get me wrong, it's fine to not like a story, there have been a handful i've read that I did not like. However, if one of those stories came out with several sequels and I did not like the fist one, I wouldn't read the sequels. AKA I wouldn't troll it.

To do otherwise and then be like 'this sucks'? Of course I would think it sucks, I did not like the first one.

FrozenInTime
Group Admin

3771477 3771748 3771770
Oh my, is this thread dying off already? Tisk tisk tisk...

I find it annoying when somebody continues to read a series they don't like just to criticize it. At that point, they shouldn't be wasting their own time with it, or anyone else's time by hating on it.

Now, I stay away from clop, but you don't see me downvoting every one I see. That's just... ignorant.

Adda le Blue
Group Admin

I missed the notification. :twilightsheepish:

Maybe he decided he didn't like the storyline or characterizations and decided to try the almost-standalone clop story in the hopes of finding something he considered redeemable. I can see it. Hay, I think it's better to try to find something you enjoy in an author's works instead of giving up just because the first few weren't to your liking. After all, you've only written TiM so far, so maybe he was hoping your stories would be more to his taste after you grew a bit as an author.

That's quite the stretch there. So in a story where he did not like the characterization or the story line he skipped ahead in hopes of finding something he did like.... (That's all stories are, characterizations and plot if you don't like that you never will)

Yet that's not being a troll?

Then after reading it and (surprise surprise) not liking it, he down voted it and moved on...

Sorry, even if he's not a troll, that's trollish behavior at best.

And in the end, I don't care what someone is, I care how they behave. If you behave like one that's what I'll call you.

LightningBass94
Group Admin

3782168 So, if I decide to act like a pretty princess? :trollestia:

Jk. I just wanted to post something. Lol.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 31