The Twidash Army 570 members · 532 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12
LightningBass94
Group Admin

In mother Russia, contests win you! :pinkiecrazy:

I'm not sure what I would make the prize yet, but I was thinking, who would be interested in a Twidash Parody Contest? We would take our favorite "popular" Twidash fic and make a parody of it. I'm pretty sure we would need the authors' permissions, but it would be fun. :pinkiehappy:

Stupid idea, right? :unsuresweetie:

I would say, lets see how the other contest goes first.

3202877 yeah let's wait until we've finessed one contest before we think of another.

3202877 Not a bad idea, but I kinda' agree with everyone else. Once we figure out the formula to one contest, then we'll apply it to another. :rainbowderp:

LightningBass94
Group Admin

I wasn't planning on doing it right now. I just wanted opinions on the concept...

FrozenInTime
Group Admin

I already see a fic that I wanna parody the s:yay:t out of. :trollestia:

Adda le Blue
Group Admin

I think I'll leave this one to the TwiDash experts, but if it does happen I'll be eager to read the entries!
I'm still trying to decide whether or not I should join the current contest. I have an idea that I want to explore, but I've never had much luck with small stories. :twilightsheepish:

Timaeus
Group Contributor

If this group were to do a contest that involved a parody of TwiDash in general and happened to encapsulate some of the tropes/events that happen in some of the better known TwiDash fics (i.e. Twilight's List, Spellbound Fireflies, Dawn of a New Day, Building Bridges, The Winds of Change, Winter's Warmth, etc.), then I don't think any permission would be needed.

However, if you're doing a parody of a specific story, then permission would need to be granted by the original author. I'm not sure if it would count as plagiarism if you didn't, but speaking as a writer here, if someone were to do anything with any one of my stories I'd want to know about it.

I've never had much luck with small stories.

Amen to that.

LightningBass94
Group Admin

3203248 And what's that? :rainbowhuh:

However, if you're doing a parody of a specific story, then permission would need to be granted by the original author.

That was the plan...

if someone were to do anything with any one of my stories I'd want to know about it.

and I completely agree. That's why if we do this thing, it has to be done right with either explicit permission from the author of a story to do a p[arody of said story or a disclaimer stating that contestants' stories are parodies of Twidash in general, and not of any specific story.

3205074 I say go for it. If you don't win, at least you had fun competing.

Timaeus
Group Contributor

Alrighty, sounds like you guys have this under lock and key. I was just voicing my two cents :twilightsmile:

Adda le Blue
Group Admin

The only thing that's really stopping me is the fact that I'm so burned out right now. After pounding out a chapter every two days for a solid month, I'm just... done. :twilightsheepish: Well, I still have another two weeks to decide. Let's see what happens. :twilightsmile:

LightningBass94
Group Admin

3207273 I know how that is. That's why when I came back from my hiatus, I only post a story/chapter about once every two to three weeks. I've got friends and a group on here now, so there's more going on. :derpytongue2:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12