Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

Tanks for the Memories

Original Line: Twi: "Everything's looking great!"
She totally means the preparations for winter^^

Dashie agrees, it sure looks great.

Kiss the.....eye?

Original line: "You lost your Sparkle, Rainbow Dash!"
Well, Twi seems a bit cold in this scene, but that's a bit hard.

Pinkie: "I'm mostly sad, because you're not sad!".
You and me both, Pinkie. Twi wasn't really touched by a crying Rainbow. That made me cry....Applejack-style.:twilightsmile:

But she made up for it, later:

This was an episode, I watched very often, but still can't decide, if I liked it or not.

The theme was grief, and since they couldn't really involve death or other permanent loss,, they choose hibernation. But after the explanation from Fluttershy, the hibernation didn't seem like such a bad thing. It even was impotant for Tank. There seemed to be a conflct between, showing the states of serious grief and the intention, to make the hibernation seem like not a big deal (instead of death or another permanent loss).
This conflict, made, what could have been a touchy episode, an episode with exaggerated grief. The sabotage of the weather factory seemed to much and the scene at the end, wasn't really touchy, because of the ferocity of Rainbows depression and the coldness the others displayed most of the time, regarding it.

I don't know how this episode could have been any better, because it's a difficult subject to convey to children. It was too good, to rate it bad, and to bad to rate it good. It's also everything but average.
Like I said, I can't decide, whether this episode was good or bad. Everytime I watch it (also, during I watch it), I change my mind. It's like the Daenerys Targaryen of pony-episodes

LightningBass94
Group Admin

I've actually been a bit disappointed with the lack of Twidash moments in this season thus far, but I'm loving it in general!

4360109 fyi, it's hibernation not hypernation :)

Compared to season 4 there is really a lack of TwiDash so far. But we will get our share on TwiDash, I'm sure.

Right, thanks.

Hypernation, would be like a supernation, only better.^^

What's a supernation?....Probably a nation populated by superheros and -villians

I know what you mean. The episode was meant to be an analogy for death and loss, but the weather factory part just took away from it.

Also Twilight's nonchalant attitude to Rainbow's suffering really took me aback. Even if she thought it was no big deal, she could have at least seen the impact it was having on one of her friends. It kinda felt like Lesson Zero in reverse. In that Twilight freaked out about something not important and the others ignored it. She could've at least had sympathy in that regard.

As far as Rainbow trying to stop winter to prevent it, well, Twilight did try to stop time to prevent an unknown disaster, so not the worst case of overreacting.

Sadly, they missed a great Twidash moment as well. Twilight could have mentioned that owls hibernate too, giving them something to bond over (The loss of their pets for three months.)

The episode wasn't good, but it wasn't bad either... My honest opinion is if they're going to do something like this, they shouldn't go half way. Tank actually dying would have made the impact so much more profound and taught kids a great moral of life.

In the end, that's what cartoons should do, teach morals. If they don't want to go that far they should simply stay away from the subject altogether.

4360107 I like to think that this scene is Twilight and Rainbows reaction to seeing their kids go off the school for the first time. Rainbow is like "They grow up so fast don't they?"

4360124 If you remember last season we started getting a lot of Twidash near the middle and end of season 4, we didn't get any in the beginning, 5 is still young and they do seem closer than they have been, The end of Tanks for the Memories really shows their bond has grown. I mean you would think Fluttershy RD's childhood friend would be the one to comfort her but no it's Twilight.

LightningBass94
Group Admin

4361297 you're right, now that I think about it. That makes a lit of sense. I guess we'll just need to be patient with these writers. I mean, we already know at least one of them is sailing with us aboard the ship. Lol.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8