The Group Where The Human Isn't A Doormat 1,697 members · 629 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

I want to send a few OC Talon Company mercs to Equestria, what do you guys think of this for a beginning? Bonus points if you can guess where/when they die.

I don't care for dreaming, maybe because most of my dreams are focused around my parents, my grandparents or my sister dying. Thankfully my sister, Sarah, is alive and well, something not everyone who lives in the wasteland can say, but something I'm damn proud of. It takes a lot to protect someone so reckless after all.

Sarah and I work for Talon Company, we started young when a squad of them came upon us one night before we became teens, we had just watched our parents get raped and tortured by some slavers. The bastards didn't care for enslaving them, they just wanted dad to tell them where vault eighty-one was. I guess that's where Sarah gets her defiant nature from, I act more like mom; I'm a soft speaking kind of person and I always speak my mind, even now.

Dad was a wasteland scout, when he and his parents spoke up for sharing the life saving medicine with the wastelanders, the overseer didn't care for that and they were kicked out from the vault. A week after they left the vault, dad came across a settlement, fell in love with a city guard and they had Sarah.

A year and a half later, I was born. Me and Sarah were both natural marksmen, although I always excel with a scoped rifle, Sarah found her calling in energy weapons. By the year twenty-sixty-six, me and Sarah got our grandparents' Pip-boys from our respective tenth birthdays, something grandma said was a vault tradition.

I don't care for dreaming, because right now, I was kneeling over Sarah's mutilated corpse, trying to stuff her organs back in. I knew I was dreaming, but that didn't stop me from being terrified, Sarah was always there for me, she took hits that would've killed me and I watched her back; my greatest fear was of not waking up and finding out that that time, it wasn't a dream. But not this day.

"WAKE UP!" Gravity grasped and tore me from my bed, which was on it's side for some reason. I looked up and saw Sarah standing over me with a smirk, her helmet, balaclava and rebreather cradled under her arm with her riot shotgun and custom Laser RCW, Cosmo, hanging off of their slings, "I tried to wake you, but you were having one of your dead-to-the-world dreams again, so I had to get drastic."

I glared at her and sat up, rubbing the back of my skull, my nightmares make me a deep sleeper but when I don't get one, I can wake up to the slightest difference in smell. After the ache went away a little, I stood up and whistled a few notes in a high pitch at her, she rolled her eyes before she walked out of the barracks, "Okay okay, no need for foul language so early in the morning. Hurry up and get ready, we got a contract."

I sighed as I walked over to the foot locker, righting my bed on the way. I reached in and pulled out my custom assault rifle, Wanda, as well as the kit with all of her mods. Next I grabbed my silenced sniper rifle and ran a quick check on the scope's mounts, not a single loose screw. Finally, I pulled out a pair of razor sharp combat knives, both of the blades painted in light absorbing material, my twelve-point-seven millimeter submachine gun and my backpack; filled with spare ammo, extra grenades of various types, two weapon maintenance kits, a few MRE's and several bottles of clean water. All of those were placed on my bed before I reached in and pulled out my combat armour, a mark two set, the battle rattle for it, my balaclava and my breathing mask that was all in the standard black of Talon Company.

Before I got dressed, I took the time to check my equipment; the breathing mask didn't have any signs of decay, my armour wasn't too pockmarked and the battle rattle didn't show too many signs of wear and tear, all of my guns were clean and none of the extras for Wanda or the twelve-point-seven had any obvious damage. My knives were still razor sharp, to my pain.

Yep, that's gonna scar. Everything is in good shape, now I'm ready. Today is going to be hell on my stuff, through. I thought as I wrapped the cut with my under shirt.

I ran forward as fast as I could, missiles and bullets flying past me while I fired Wanda from my hip. I knew I didn't hit anything vital or even suppressed any of them, but shooting back made me feel more alive. The super mutants had dug in deep in the mall area, but I didn't care about how many there were, I just cared for how much I was going to get paid and what I could steal.

I jumped into a trench and immediately emptied the rest of my magazine into a brute's helmeted head, the beast dropped it's sledgehammer as it died. As I was reloading, I heard footsteps from above the trench and pulled out my sub, aiming it towards the sound. To my relief, it was Sarah, to my humor, coming eye to barrel with my gun scared her off of her feet and she landed in a pile at the bottom of the trench.

"God fucking damn it Jason, you nearly blew my head off!" I mimed laughter as I pulled her up, "Yeah yeah, laugh it up."

I would read it. Also did they come from the Commonwealth to the Wasteland cause vault 81 is in the Commonwealth.

5079300 Yep, I needed them both to have Pip-boys and a backstory, so there's only a minor FO:4 crossover. It's mainly a crossover with the Fallout mod, A Tale of Two Wastelands, which adds stuff from FO:NV to FO:3 as well as a travel option, so you can have the same character in both of them. They will be using the skills from FO:NV and perks from FO:3 and FO:NV.

Just another question, would this be a Fallout Equestria fic where it's like Fallout but it happened in Equestria instead of Earth? or just Talon mercs in Equestria?

5081653 I thought about sending them to FO:E, but always came to the same conclusion; Why would anyone want to read about evil mercs finding themselves in another wasteland, send them to a normal Equestria and let the dice roll. Well, maybe not the"normal" Equestria, but still one where they can get contracts and earn pay by being mercs.

Comment posted by deeed22 deleted Mar 1st, 2016
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6