The Elements of Germany 32 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

A thread for all the empires Germanic one might carve out in any sort of video game, be it Age of Empires 2 or Crusader Kings 2. Be they the German Empire proper, a spunky Prussia, or otherwise Teutonic real, they ought go here!

Here's my ongoing (possibly over due to constant crashing) Reich Deutschlands

Well, what I lack in German pony puns and Germanized ponies in general, I more than make up in my fanatical ability to carve out massive empires in video games.
Achtung! Preist unseren ersten Kaiser, Herr-Kaiser Aloysius Pendergast, der Vater Deutschlands, der Göttertöter—

Das deutches Reich seines Sohns, Kasier Eliphas "der Erbe" Pendergast:

Yeah, the family name and whatever is sort of the name of the royal pony dynasty from Jericho. Holla!
...I have a problem, actually. I just can't stop conquering people! I need a the rapist

Do you still have Cards as your daughter or did she already die horribly? If she's still alive, give her the land yonder of the Memel (Baltic and the whole stuff therebehind) and let her loose upon the poor slavic people there! :pinkiecrazy:

Cards, now my sister and BFF is currently the Königin of Gardaríki AKA "Governess-Militant Cards Pendergast of Gardaríki"

A map of direct vassals, with her demense being the largest vassal.

Midnight Rambler
Group Admin

This has inspired me to take up the Rise of Nations Conquer the World Campaign again. Let's see how big I can make my Germany. :pinkiecrazy:

Midnight Rambler
Group Admin

3125933 Into the Motherland the German army march!

My next plan is to conquer Britain and then attack France from three sides. :pinkiecrazy:

Dear God, it has been bloody ages since I've seen Rise of Nations. Like, honestly. So few provinces compared to what I've grown used to, now.
I always recalled that the barbarian nations at the start of the game were always fun, and I kept trying to figure out (as a little tyke) how to conquer an area around such a barbarian nation, because I wanted to fight 21st Barbarians in the end (because I thought it would be funny), but I never did manage to do so.

Midnight Rambler
Group Admin

3194750 The embarrassing thing is, I'm doing this campaign on Easy difficulty – I never get far on Moderate or higher. I've had this game for most of my life now, and I still suck at it. :facehoof: I can manage the economy, research my way through the tech tree, and build up an army just fine, but once I actually get into a battle I usually get wiped out (unless I have vastly superior numbers).

That being said, I've conquered all of Europe now (ALL OVER EURRRROPE MY RRRRRULE SHALL BE QUESTIONED BY NONE!) and my Afrikakorps is also doing well. Meanwhile, Heeresgruppe Süd has found an innovative solution to the Crimean crisis:

What's Crusader Kings II like, gameplay-wise? I'm a bit hesitant to try it. On the one hand, conquering things is awesome; on the other hand, it looks a lot like Europa Universalis. I tried that, and quickly got bored with it due to the glacially slow gameplay and the confusing mass of sliders to adjust.

In my opinion, Crusader Kings 2 is a bit more fun, a bit more fast-paced. It looks complicated, but it's actually dead simple. Really easy to conquer land if you know what you're doing, and you can play to family dynasty plastics (the game is about playing a dynasty, not a nation), so it can be really un. Also, you can raid as Vikings, and even go to India to face hundreds and hundreds of provinces. Be like me and spread the word of Christ via murder and fire all the way to Bangladesh. I find it tons of fun. Very different from EU3, but still understandable.

Midnight Rambler
Group Admin

Be like me and spread the word of Christ via murder and fire all the way to Bangladesh.

Sold. Will give the game a try sometime soon.

3125933 I have been playing some Age of Empires III, playing as, of course, Germany. Unfortunately, the Germans seem to be rather bad late-game without the extensive use of mercenaries. They do, however have a very interesting, (if slightly archaic,) early game. Playing against the British or really any of the Asian civilizations is a bit of a pain though.

I did what Hitler couldn't I took over Europe:twistnerd:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11