Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

My rating of Maud before this episode:

█████████████████████████ BEST PONY
▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏

My rating of Maud after this episode:

██████████████████████████████████████████████████ HOLY SCHIST
▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏

This was so damn good. I was a tiny bit apprehensive about this episode going in, because, while I love seeing Maud, her character needs to be treated with care. It's too easy to treat her as a walking joke and expect her to carry the episode on that basis, which is something that I thought really killed last season's "What About Discord?". Maud's emotionlessness is amusing, certainly, but it's not all she is.

But I needn't have worried. The writers really did this one justice. We didn't just get more Maud; we got character development for her too. From subtle things like Maud being good at ice skating (because, after all, who taught Pinkie how to skate?) to the brilliance of giving Maud abilities to match Pinkie's... oh my gosh, that was good enough, but the best thing? Maud going full-on protective big sis mode. That cold "what?" actually sent a chill down my spine. Gosh darn, this was so good, and provides some nice material for future fics too. Heck, it even reinforced most of my headcanons.

TLDR: I liked this episode

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1