Warriors Return 377 members · 90 stories
Comments ( 92 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 92
ponybornhuman
Group Admin

I am thinking of making a collab for this group.
E.g taintedlove collab and twilestia collab.
But or a pony or a group of them returning as a warrior/warriors. Can be any pony and spike.
Would have to be 500-2000 maybe 3000 max words.Could be split into a few one shot joined together throughout the collab. For example it could be one pony like fluttershy disappearing maybe due to twilight new teleportation spell going wrong and her return as a slient assassin that kills everything that moves. Can be crossovers as well (Twilight returning for fallout). After it you must state the tags, genre and pony or ponies involved in it.
Just an idea of thought of if your interested just reply to this post or pm me and I'll get back to you.

I've got a few ideas, but given I've got a dozen or more projects I really should be working on, so I doubt I could help with writing, and, honestly, I don't think I can do a chapter that short. Heck, some of my scenes end up over 2K on the word count, my usual chapter word count aim is 5-10K.

I think, to get better responses it might be an idea to give some details of what you had thought of as part of the overview for the collab. I mean, were you planning a single pony being the focus or is it multiple? If it is multiple, are specific authors responsible for specific ponies or is it a case of whoever has ideas for where things go can write them? Going along with the second option, are all the ponies going to be in the same area or will it be separate? Are there any universes off limits or preferred?

Another point in this would be the time line, since presuming there are multiple ponies for the moment and presuming they all end up in different places, how much time in Equestria is supposed to pass between their disappearance and reappearance? Come to that, what would the Equestrians' response be? A number of their people, some possibly well known or royal, disappearing within a fairly short time frame would probably trigger alarms all over the place so what will Equestria's reaction to the returns be and how would it be changed by the disappearances?

ponybornhuman
Group Admin

Editing post now re read it and it will make more sense I hope

FenrisianBrony
Group Admin

I still think that if we're going to try a group collab project, it should be more like Labyrinth of Madness, with a bunch of different universes being thrust together, so RD from Swooping Pegasus meeting up with Twilight from another story

Okay, not what I was talking about, but eh. :ajsleepy:

First thing to establish with this, I think, would be the start for the fic. Are we looking at something that starts when people start coming back to Equestria or is it going to show them leaving, or is that something you're intending on leaving up to the writers that decide to join in?

Second thing is character distribution. Are all writers going to be allowed to write for any character or will there be limits? For example, several years back I had a writing partner, on several fics what we did was we had a pool of characters each and depending on the scene we would use one, some or all of that pool and then the other person would do responses with their characters. On the other hand that developed from having IMs and playing RPS on them, so it might not be viable, however if a writer does a chapter solo, would they 'claim' characters or would the characters being used be free for use? IE any writer can use any character against one writer having a set they can use and they're not allowed to take other characters without talking to the other writers.

Third thing is the time line. We have a fic that is basically running from the first disappearance through to the last reappearance and the tale being finished, presuming there's not plans for things after ala Into the Black, where Twi makes it back and then there's a fight there after all the tales are told.

Going along with that, presuming certain characters are among those vanishing, things will shift. Spitfire goes missing and she's probably going to be replaced and there won't be too much trouble in Equestria bar disappointed fans and annoyed team mates since she doesn't really affect too much, even as Wonderbolt CO. Cadence vanishing on the other hand will really set the fox amongst the chickens as she rules the Crystal Empire and is the adopted niece of the rulers of Equestria proper, plus she's married to an ex-guard captain turned prince consort, who is the brother of the last Princess. If certain things don't happen, they'll probably make them happen, which will alter the way things are on return. Ditto the Elements of Harmony or the Princesses among the missing.

Lastly, is it a free for all on how people disappear, a single event or a cascade? If it's FFA you're probably going to have to go over things, if it's a single event, it needs to be big enough to account for any writer joining in late, so you'd need either a large invasion or act of magic most likely. Of course a cascade is easier and can link back to the last point. Someone vanishes, if they're high enough up the social chain it can cause others to go hunting and eventually those hunters could either find ways off planet or could find something that leads to them being transported off world by the remaining magical heavies, ie Twilight, Celestia, Luna and Cadence.

ponybornhuman
Group Admin

OK I have idea start off with each pony disappearing at the same time one person write a story for each pony then they all meet up together and do something badass. Maybe that could happen or do separate thinks that don't even relate to each other us less the author/authors want them to.
What do you guy/ponys (lol) think?

So basically a 'Mage Storm'/'Chaos Storm' that results in a number of ponies getting warped to random places, not necessarily even in the same universe. Could work.

Hrr…

Alright, building on that, how about around a month to a year after Tirek and Rainbow Rocks there's a massive magical storm, at that point unknown origin (could link back to magic being reclaimed from Tirek by the rainbow power), but it tears open holes in reality as it sweeps the planet, sending various ponies to other areas, possibly other universes, possibly other times, possibly other planets, depending on the writer's preference. Equestria shakes of the effects and rebuilds without the ponies that got warped and say between two and ten years later for them, these ponies start finding their way back, maybe not all at once (would have to ensure the Equestria side time line matches up), bringing with them tech and knowledge from wherever they ended up, along with a number of battle scars as they had to fight to survive.

Personally, I'd like to request at least a few less used universes be used, so not everyone ends up in Fallout, Star Trek, Star Wars or 40K, though if people want to group up, they can talk it through on here or in PMs/IMs.

FenrisianBrony
Group Admin

I like this idea, I like it a lot, but what would we be focussing on? I'm assuming it would be how their disappearance and reappearence would affect Equestria, rather than the story of each one, although that could be told second hand still.
And I agree that while the universes mentioned are awesome, it could be fun to put a cap on it, so they can't use the more common ones.

Part of it would depend a lot on how much of Equestria we end up seeing and who out of the ponies (and others) end up being warped out.

I can fully see as a basic measure there would be a group studying what's left over after the storm in order to find out what happened, why it happened and how it can be prevented. There would likely be at least some shift in the military, probably some areas would have a larger one, since it's entirely possibly that while ponies were warped out, other things were warped in, though that bit depends on the exact nature of what happened. If we used something similar to the Mage Storms in the Valdemar/Velgarth series, then the land is potentially going to end up piecemeal as bits from various areas are rearranged at random, likewise creatures from say the Everfree could end up in Manehatten due to the storm, or things from off world, such as xenos, preds, krogans, bugs or other things could appear. Having to deal with them would require more military forces with better training and possibly better weaponry or magic.

In terms of individual areas, probably going to need a sign up sheet with a list of any characters that are being claimed and their destination universe, both so we don't have five of someone scattered around and so we don't end up with fifteen ponies in different versions of Star Wars for example, though if enough people want to do that, we could have one Star Wars universe where if the characters end up in the past, they could have a knock on effect to the ones that wind up in the present. Say if someone wants to do the Old Republic era, there might be the potential for someone writing in the New Republic or Vong period to find legends about the other writer's group. Not against having those in, just prefer to have one of each or at least have a consistent version of the universe so that if something is changed in the time line due to one person's writing, it remains changed or is at least there to be referenced for another.

Getting back to Equestria's rearrangement though, some of it would need to wait until we have a known list of used characters, since as I said in the post before last, you can yank someponies about with barely a flicker (backgrounders mainly, or single episode antagonists), but others (mains, royals, celebs) will cause much more trouble. If someone decides that Celestia or Luna are warped, then at best, presuming that the others aren't caught, you're back to how Equestria was towards the period when Luna came back, at worst, possibly around the period of her banishment and the knock-on from that. If enough 'leader' figures go, it's entirely possible that when they return, Equestria has devolved from a single country to city states, potentially feuding ones, or there could be break aways fighting against the rest of the nation as the remaining leaders try to keep things running, maybe with the other countries looking on and drooling over the spoils if they're not dealing with their own problems. On the other hand, a strong enough leader could be starting towards uniting the planetary governments under one rule.

Edit: Something I forgot about. The returns time line could also have an effect. If one writer's characters are among the earliest and get back in a few months or a couple of years, the tech and knowledge they bring could change Equestria some by the time the last ones get back in ten years from the event.

FenrisianBrony
Group Admin

So, to sum up what you're saying quickly:
Magical storms as a possible side effect of the Rainbow Powers erupt in places across Equestria, maybe the rest of the planet too,
These storms open up portals which both suck ponies through and deposit creatures from the universes into Equestria
Huge reforms in the world as militaries are forced to adapt, economies collapse, maybe even some greater changes if either Celestia or Luna are taken.
The taken ponies start to return as badass warriors, not all at once though, but more piecemeal.
We go from there.

Does that sum up the basis of the ideas?

FenrisianBrony
Group Admin

As a start for the fic, a pony could come back as one of the latest ones, and immediatly be tagged and snapped up by some of the other returned ponies, which is why they are all together, potentially trying to get Equestria back to the way it was before the storms?

More or less, some of it will depend on others, since I'm just lobbing ideas around while ponybornhuman is the one that wanted the colab in the first place.

Certainly we get the storms and the ponies disappearing, other things appearing would make sense since anything that can take things away can also put them somewhere. How much and how intrinsicly things alter will be a group discussion point.

Governments, militaries and economies will, in part, be effected by who goes and who stays along with what else appears, but are liable to be affected by the mess… if we're doing magic storms, it might also result in things changing for the magic using creatures as well. It's been ages since I read the books, but if I remember right the Mage Storms were ended the second time by basically blowing stuff up, which screwed the ley eight ways from Sunday (as in there wasn't one afterwards and people had to 'cut' the channels again) so magic could be spotty at best during and for a while after the storm (spells fizzle or overload, flight needing more strength and less magic in some spots while others even earth ponies can fly, while some areas end up almost like the Everfree and others nobody can grow anything, even the best farmer).

As to the last, yup, though once again depending on who wants what, it could be one, it could be multiple at once, even from different areas.

Certainly a viable idea, though once again we'd probably need a discussion for time line and who reappears when so we know who is liable to be where. We probably should get a sign up sheet and a time line sheet, along with setting up an IM or IRC chat with those interested at some point.

I presume it'll be proper pony forms in Equestria, though it might be interesting if some ended up in other forms, or possibly changed by the storm, depending on how people play it.

Actually, I've got a couple of starters that I was thinking of using where Spitfire ends up off world, in both she does end up with my original group, but before that I was thinking she became a Witcher through the period the games cover, maybe hanging around with Geralt and the mutagens being in part responsible for her ending up gaining a few things since they did some strange combinations with a retrovirus the dragons have in their blood, one that is responsible for their forms and their shape shifting.

I also had some thoughts about possibly a group ending up being kidnapped and used in battle along with a bunch of English troops that would have died in a storm at sea were it not for the alien kidnapping them on their way to the Crusades (The Excalibur Alternative by David Weber), though that one would need some functional interdimensional time dilation to pull off properly since the group would be out of things for years at a time (book starts in the Crusades, ends 22nd century or so).

Another few of Weber's works that could work out would be Hell's Gate, which involves a dimensional war, so would make perfect sense to be in or the Empire of Man, with the group stuck with the Imperial Prince. Heck Starfire universe or the Armageddon Reef and its sequels could work.

And since nobody's responded with anything in over a day, I guess I'll see if anyone wants to play with things. I've rewritten things a bit, but this should probably work as an intro for one possible group.

She barely noticed the disorientation effects of the long distance teleport as slammed a silver blade through the chest of the creature in front of her, causing it to shriek in pain. Pulling the blade out, she spun around, using the steel sword in her left hand to take the misshapen thing’s head off its shoulders.

The snap-crack of a las-shot sounded behind her as she looked around for more. After probably the best part of a decade fighting something, she was almost always on edge, even as she took in the screams of a crowd fleeing from them having seen an impromptu gladiatorial performance.

“That’s the last of them,” The voice behind her was comforting, even distorted as it was by what the other female was wearing. “But I don’t recognise where the nrr’gostyn pharsyn gated us to.”

Spinning her blades around to clean them off, she stepped back and looked around, frowning at the multi-coloured bodies fleeing the scene and the fluted architecture. It felt like it should be familiar to her, but it had been that long it felt more like a dream.

“Looks almost like some of the ‘classical’ Roman and Greek stuff you showed us, J’kreth.” One of her companions said, this one, like her, was a bipedal pegasus, wings large enough they could probably wrap around her body if necessary, though this pegasus’ grey-green coat and blue mane contrasted a lot with her own yellow and orange-yellow.

Looking around again, she frowned as she released her own helmet, taking it off with a sigh of relief. “At least we can breathe here, that’s the main thing. Though… I feel like I should recognise this place.”

“You know anywhere that uses solidified clouds as construction material?” The question made her look over at the last member of their party, this one a black dragon with a pure white mane. “’Cause Civa is apparently a few hundred feet below us, lookin’ up at a cloud bank and surrounded by corpses.”

Frowning, she racked her brain. “The only place I know of that would make sense is Equestria, but if we were there, you two shouldn’t be able to stand up here.”

“Between the mutagens from those monsters and the amount of blood we’ve shared over the years, we’ve probably gained the ability, Spitfire.” The black dragon shrugged. “That or it’s local magic that causes anything winged to be able to stand on clouds.”

“Maybe, but if this is Equestria, we probably shouldn’t just stand around in the middle of a stadium.” Her partner pointed out. “We’ve been away a while and even we heard something about militaries being brought onto alert because of those storms that were wrecking the place. Goddesses alone know what things will be like now.”

Spitfire nodded, twitching her tail a little under her armour. “Nightshade’s got a point. We probably should get down to Civa and see if we can find out what’s going on here before talking to anyone government.”

Both dragons nodded. :Civa, hold position, we’re joining you.: Jacinth’s mental voice echoed between Spitfire’s ears, making it plain that the other female was allowing them to listen in.

Crouching down, she spread her wings and leapt skywards, followed quickly by the rest before Jacinth took the lead position, leading them down to where Civa would be waiting.

:You know…: Nightshade’s mental voice echoed in her mind. :If you’re right and this is Equestria, we might finally be able to use our original forms. I mean, yeah, the hands are useful, it’s been too long since we were normal Pegasi.:

Spitfire nodded, twitching her tail as they flew on. It would be a release to finally be able to return to her natural form after so long.

Unfortunately, none of the four saw some of the braver ponies watching them leave.

ponybornhuman
Group Admin

I like how a few people are actually interested I was think of doing like a origins story for characters in there world for a while so you get to know them like using ghrathryn idea for the pony described.
But how all the Pontus from the universes are put/connected in one place by a spell. Just hear me out on this just another rough idea this is like start this was another rough idea to.
Basically it a few hundred years in the future equstria is in ruin after (we need an evil villain/villains)
And it not very nice place to live blah blah blah (new to this story writing thing but their a first for everything right). Twilight is still alive after all this alive (hate comments insert here) and basic use her magic to find the best pony to help to defeat this evil pulling them from other universe(hence when I said use a origin story for each separate character could use yours ghrathryn I actually quite like the way you wrote that small piece) basically from there twilight and all the oc/normal ponies that are warriors in other universes fight the evil and try to right the wrong just an idea post a comment on how we can improve this or any other idea that might be in your head for the collab I'm open to ideas. Remember this is just an idea not what is actually going to happen (unless if a good idea) so if you have any question about this I will try to answer them as soon as I can.

ponybornhuman
Group Admin

Small question what is everyone's favourite crossover universe
E.G warhammer 40k, fallout, call of duty and more?

I wouldn’t get too in love with the idea that it’s Twilight doing things. 4078690 and I hammered out a potential idea, which could work in with this though. We were thinking along the lines of after effects of the Rainbow/Harmony power, but it could be other things. The Mage Storms I mentioned in the Velgarth universe were an after effect of what was basically the magical equivalent of a double nuke on top of a stockpile of munitions originally and the reverse was needed to stop them for good. Of course it could be Warp Storms, meaning something from random chaos or one or more chaos gods, or it could be other things. Part of the issue is who is being warped and who is remaining behind as discussed in other posts. Heck, it’s entirely possible that something screwed with the mirror portal and that caused things as much as Princess Celestia/Luna/Cadence/Twilight/someone from Equestria #317964 or wherever.

With regards to the characters, I’m probably going to have a few OCs around, but only four really active throughout, since this is what I’m thinking for characters:

Spitfire: canon Captain of the Wonderbolts, yellow/orange fur, amber eyes, yellow-to-orange mane and tail. She’s probably around her late twenties to mid-thirties when things happen, a friend of Nightshade’s and the two of them get warped to the world of Witcher initially. The warp actually causes them to shift near-human, but undergoing the Witcher Trials (probably Grasses), they end up more anthro. Spitfire prefers either blade and shield or close-to-mid range rifle/SMG, but can dual wield if needs must. Her special talent involves speed and flames, but between the mutagens, drugs and dragon blood in her system she’s gained better flame control along with some weather and shape shift between four forms (basic pony, basic human, anthro pony and Ailiaar dragon).

Nightshade: OC, but general use one that was created by Poor Yorick on DA initially, she’s the Captain of the Shadowbolts and a friend of Spitfire’s when I use her. She’s got a grey-green coat, blue mane and gold eyes. She was with Spitfire when they were caught so ended up in the same place. Similar to Spitfire she’s Witcher trained, but prefers two-handed weaponry. While her talents lay in darkness, she can now manipulate shadows a lot better, even using them as weapons rather than escape along with weather and shape shift.

J’kreth-V’ren (Skyefyre): Personal OC, Franthryn dragon, she’s bipedal, blue and gold scaled, with traces of red, and green eyes. She met the previous pair when investigating a gate that appeared on the world she calls her own Pern, cira 3000-3500 after landing. She’s got a firelizard pet and power over weather and fire, similar to Spitfire, though she can also manipulate other things and has better shape shifting capabilities. Her preferred combat style is a cross between the Dawn of War Imperial Guard general and Yellow from RWBY. Athletic, with gauntlet/bracer mounted guns and powered claws.

Jacinth: Older personal OC, rhyl’saar dragon noble with black scales and a white mane, Jac is a four-winger. She’s an ex-Herald that was hanging out with J’kreth due to their similar backgrounds when the call came in for people to check out a gate. She’s actually from a different version of the universe to J’kreth, but they both ended up together and have been working with others to deal with incursions. Jacinth’s actually a summoner, though she rarely uses the ability apart from spying or forcing truth from people since she doesn’t have any heavy combat summons. Preferred method is a staff/spear/swallow (two-bladed sword), assault rifle or dual pistol (laser preferred) and has spent time as a Herald, so she’s learned a little about leadership over the century she spent in Velgath, probably cira 1500-1700 after founding of Valdemar

Civa: OC Companion, she’s been with Jacinth since the early days of the dragon being in Valdemar, and is actually a lot bigger than most, due to Jacinth needing a bigger stead (around 8-9 foot to the withers). Due to her constant tapping of magical energy she’s completely white with blue eyes. She’s usually the one to haul her Herald out of trouble, though she does complain that the only time Jac rides is when she’s too injured to fly or run. Most of the Companions have heard her muttering about her Chosen being able to out run a Companion in a foot race, but she does care about her and will watch her back no matter her personal cost.

Most of the rest of the characters will probably be Equestrian or Witcher ‘verse, though I may expand a bit on the Dforgrym (Jac and J’kreth) side of things when they start talking to others about things, so there may be other characters show up in those areas.

Honestly? I tend to cross random universes into my own more than mixing things. My own universe being where Jacinth and J'kreth would be at home normally if I hadn't created those characters to play in Velgarth and Pern respectively, though I supposed my own universe in itself is something of a crossbreed. It's usually a combo of Fireborn, Star Wars and Lensmen/Velgarth/Pern, though which version varies the specifics a bit. Got a few fics where I've used ideas from Warren J Palmer's stuff.

ponybornhuman
Group Admin

I don't know what the velgrath universe is but the story for the characters are very well planed and written well described. So like how many ponies do you reckon disappear from the mage storms and will they return to like a normal equestria. If so what would the other ponies be like towards them. With the twilight thing scrap it but I have idea about what she could use her magic for maybe to try and use her magic on "magic storm" and fail ultimately and only to make it worse and make her disappear. Also always loved dragon in any story. Like to see how your personal OC turns out.
So this has actually had a lot more work put into it then I thought I'm just happy actually want to do this. As well could you explain the switcher trial for me so I can just understand I tiny bit more.
But overall yeah great idea the storm I'm guessing looks like a chaos warp storm pretty much.
As well with the ponies disappering would the universe have different time scale like 1 equstria year equal 7 years elsewhere.
Thanks for your time.

Velgarth universe is also known as The Heralds of Valdemar, several trilogies and a couple of duologies by Mercedes Lackey. You'll probably want to hit up the Mage Wars trilogy (Black Gryphon, White Gryphon and Silver Gryphon) to learn how the Mage Storms were started and then the Mage Storms (Storm Warning, Storm Rising and Storm Breaking) for more info on that particular part of the lore, the rest can be whenever, but there is a time line (Mage Wars, Last Herald Mage, Brightly Burning, Oaths, Thief, Weapon Master, Arrows, Winds, Storms, Owl) or something along the lines being the series time line: Goodreads Valdemar Series.

In terms of other things, well, Jacinth actually has some stuff published, though at some point I need to go back and rework some parts since I've changed the universe since I posted it: Herald of the Knights (Jacinth's story).

Witcher's Trials are actually four fold from the look of things. Physical prep, drugs to bolster the nervous system, another round being skeletal, cardio and muscluar along with senses, then an exam. It's supposed to be guys only but I'll probably screw with it. Likely most native females don't go for monster hunting or something since the world is medieval era. Though the infertility in humans might be rather off putting in that period. Infertile males can be worked around, infertile females on the other hand… with one or two kids a year and likely a 50% or higher mortality rate in the young, they'd need every female available to breed if needs must. Witcher Trials should be the info needed.

With regards to the time dilation effects, it can be variable, so some ponies are away for say ten years but it seems like one to them, others are away for one Equestrian year, but it's been near a century to them. Swings and roundabouts. I think I'd go for something along the lines of 'as long as they're not screwed by age, their personal time line can be as long as needed, they just have to be back in Equestria by the time ten years there are done from the storms'.

In terms of how many ponies vanish in the storms, you might as well ask how long a piece of string is. If it's just three people writing, then it will probably be below twenty, presuming anyone chooses a larger group. If we ended up with the number of members for this group pitching in, you could end up with anywhere up to 2,000 being used, and of course those are the ones we focus on, there's probably 10-100 more ponies vanish per one written about, though I'd expect most would end up elsewhere on the world Equestria is part of and eventually get home on hoof, wing or sail, if nothing chews on them.

Main thing we need to really think about is who we're focused on. We know Spitfire's going to end up among the missing since I've written for her, we know that Nightshade will as well, since that's the same. Because of that, we know both Wonderbolts and Shadowbolts will be leaderless for a while before the next person in line steps up, probably Soarin' and Stratus initially, if we keep the Wonderbolts fanon and use Poor Yorick's Shadowbolts. Of course after ten years, they're likely retired to desk jobs since most military and heavy physical jobs start dropping people from active areas around 35-40, presuming we have the ponies age the same as humans.

You've suggested Twilight vanishes, presuming no one else is with her, that means that Equestria is down a princess, but without season 5 being out to see how Twi does there, it's likely that she's the one with the least effect on the country policies. However without her, the Elements will be useless until someone steps up to fill the spot, and it's likely there'll be a number of searches due to friends, family and the fact she's both royalty herself and related to it.

The rest… how many ponies do you feel comfortable writing, particularly long term? Likewise how many people other than us and maybe FenrisianBrony want to join in but have PM'd you rather than reply here with possible plans for things? That will be the starting point for figuring out just who out of the 'major players' will be off world and from there we can start hammering out what effect they'll have and where others might change. It's entirely possible that you could end up with a gryphon village in place of say Trottington, or maybe part of Manehatten's downtown area winds up in the Saddle Arabian desert, or it could be just a few bugs from somewhere being switched, which can cause its own troubles, even if it's something relatively small. Squirrels and rabbits on Earth spring to mind, or going more exotic, if a thread spore got caught and ended up in Whitetail, well, there likely wouldn't be a Whitetail Woods given how voracious those things are for their size, and that's without diseases. Hospitals and military would be up in arms if things get to Equestria through the storms, particularly if said things aren't from elsewhere on their planet. Not like they could write to the Zebricans for a cure to some random space disease that nopony has heard of.

Just been thinking about some stuff. It might be worth us, once we've hashed things out, giving FerisianBrony a rule set and sign up sheet along with a basic 'we need initial chapters in by…' for him to post and advertise a bit more. I'm thinking something along the lines of:

It has been twelve years since Tirek was sent back to Tartarus by Princess Twilight Sparkle and her friends, and just a few months less since she led her friends' human counterparts and Sunset Shimmer in defence of their home against the Siren threat. Since that time magical storms raged across Equestria and beyond for a year. Many disappeared in the chaos that followed, while other things appeared. Even the landscape and the creatures were not safe from the wild magic as parts of Equestria were swapped either within or outside its borders. Eight years ago, some ponies managed to return to find their home in chaos. Chaos they had thought they would be leaving behind. Now the last few extra-dimensional travellers are returning, perhaps it is time for them to restore their home through fire and sword.

Rules

1) Any writer can sign up to this, however this is a co-operative project so expect to be required to submit your chapters to someone before they are posted
2) Chapters should be between 1,000 and 5,000 words, up to 10K will be considered if necessary, but anything over 5K will be at lower priority
3) Chapters are required to be in legible English. Unless you are using something without any form of spell checker, you should be able to switch it to English and ensure words are at least spelled right. It would help to have someone read over things if you're unsure.
4) On sign up you should complete a basic form to show who, what, where and how your chosen characters will be returning from
5) Only <three> writers can use any one universe. These will be distributed on a first come, first served basis and anyone beyond the limit will be asked to pick another universe
6) Writers can have a returning party of <five> characters, at least two of these should be Equestrians or from the planet Equestria is on and one of them must be canon (seen in the series, the films or the comics)
7) Each character should be given a short description noting where they're from, basic description and known traits/combat style
8) Writers should submit a basic return to Equestria scene with the sign up to give some idea of where and when their characters will show up
9) Co-operative scenes/chapters or ones containing characters claimed by another should be discussed before posting, likewise writers sharing a universe should discuss how they believe things should interact with the different characters there (ie: Ponies in Star Trek as part of Kirk's crew might have an impact by the time of Picard's)
10) Have fun.

Anything in < > is subject to change.

Something like that, then a sign up sheet that would be something along the lines of:

FIM Fiction Name:
Party/Major Characters:
Preferred Universe(s):
Preferred Point of Return:
Writing Example (The Return to Equestria) (at least 500 words):

ponybornhuman
Group Admin

With that you just post ask ferisian barony what he thinks of that and maybe as him to feature at the front of the group if he is OK with that. As well I was also look for so normal books to read(I'm a fast reader) so I read the trilogy as soonas I can (aka when I get them from the library.

ponybornhuman
Group Admin

I'm new to the writing thing so I'll probably only write 2 maybe 3 points if that is OK with you.

Best way to learn how to write is to actually do it, then have someone with a bit of patience go over things and point things out to you.

With regards to getting the books, it might be worth looking up the Witcher/Hexer series as well and there might be an online version of the Hexer in English or your native language, since that's a live action TV series based on the game and its books.

ponybornhuman
Group Admin

I have idea posting before I write it out I was thinking with twilight she is sucked into a world which is just a massive forests and jungles covering them planet when the only pony there and the way of life there is kill or be killed with the animals. She has to learn how to adpat to this world she is taken in by a pack of dire wolf and taught how to hunt like them and she will eventually become a master a speak all the lauguages of the animals and basically she uses experiments (chemical potions)
And magic to alter her own body to suit this area. Like cannine teeth and better smell mostly characteristics of a dire wolf but she is still a unicorn which also give her a advantage over her prey so she can survive in this world.
Tell me what you think for her character being like this.
If there is anything I could do to make her character better would you please inform how to.
Thanks for your time

ponybornhuman
Group Admin

Is there a subbed version of witcher/hexer???

I can find one with English subs starting here: The Hexer S1E01 English Sub. Looks like that's the best place to start with them, though avoid the movie, apparently it's a chopped version of the series.

So you're thinking Twilight becomes a version of this?

Could be done, but I'd say have her able to speak certain languages rather than all of them. Wolf would obviously be there, but the rest… depends on what there is in that location. I'd also say it would be a good idea to think about what the specific changes you're planning would be, how they could go right/wrong and how they would affect Twilight's life. Ponies are primarily plant eaters, in fact I think the ones on Equestria have a cultural taboo about eating meat so it'd take a bit to convince Twi to do so and once she does, it might take her some time to revert to Equestrian dietary habits.

There's also going to be some effects on how she feels about things. Your average Equestrian isn't likely to kill things, but those that have gone out and come back certainly will have learned and depending how bad things are… well, I doubt it'd be Fallout levels of nasty, but your military and militia will be liable to try killing first, questioning later and Twi, having gained some wolf traits, would appear a threat and would probably treat them as threats.

With regards to the traits themselves, I'd suggest possibly having the way she gets to the world in question has some effect on how things work, possibly some of her changes are straight up permanent, others need to be maintained, for instance maybe she always has fangs and cannot get rid of them at all, but she might have to burn magic to increase her stamina, speed or strength to the level of her pack-mates, which to start with is exhausting as heck, but as she gets more used to the area, gets less so because she's physically fitter and she's more used to maintaining the burn so her reserves increase. Also, maybe instead of using hooves and teeth, she starts developing the simpler ranged weapons such as spears or slings to help with the hunt, possibly bringing in other things as her tolerance for violence and material stockpile improve.

ponybornhuman
Group Admin

Will watch it later I think I idea of permanent things no temporary things. Permanent would be alter body so require meat to live and fangs. Speed could be altered by magic I like that cause teleporting magic isn't very reliable is it? By yeah thanks for all your help will start to write it soon.
As ell do you an idea for a cover image for he collab?
Thanks for you time.

Depends entirely on the type of teleportation. I'm thinking of giving J'kreth a fire lizard, since she spent some time on a planet with them, and those guys can basically go anywhere or anywhen they want as long as they can hold their breath long enough and have seen the place or someone else has. They can also 'port to people and possibly objects the same way. Other types seem to be blocked by energy walls or scrambled if there's too much interference in the area, yet others are line of sight only or take stupid amounts of energy.

In terms of a cover image, not really.

ponybornhuman
Group Admin

Ok I think I have a good idea on how to write twilight once she appear there the changes she goes though but how would you write the start with like all the mage storms and stuff?
Thanks

ponybornhuman
Group Admin

As well you name the arcs of each group/character and do one arc for each group disappearing first then do the effect on equestria with one princess and the captain of the wonder bolt etc etc etc.
Thanks

By that do you mean you want me to write the intro or do you want ideas about how things would probably go in it?

Honestly? I'm terrible at naming things in stories, though if the sequence is an actual chapter focused on a pony or group, I'd probably tag it with the main character or the author in something like this. It is a co-op after all.

ponybornhuman
Group Admin

Idea for my I'm just gonna call it the twilight arc but if you want you could write the overall intro and why and how it started with spitfire and your ocs .

You mean something along the lines of this?

Emergency reports were still coming in, even with the main crisis resolved. It didn’t make any sense. A little more than a year ago every pony and their mother had been engaged with dealing with Tirek and the after effects of his draining their magic, but now there were storms blowing up out of nowhere that no pegasus would admit to causing and none could touch. Even the weather oriented unicorns were unable to affect the things in any meaningful way. All anypony could do was batten down the hatches and pray to Celestia that they would get through things.

“HalfthewesternsideoftheparkisgoneCaptain, onlythere’ssomethingelsethereinitsplace.” The blue pegasus rattled off her report so fast that most ponies would have to record it and play it back at half speed in order to get any sort of sense from it. She wasn’t most ponies though, she knew what her subordinate was like and Blueball did nothing slowly. “Stratusspoketosomeoftheponiesthere, theysaidtheywereinBanangoonemomentthenexttheywereinManehatten. Poniesdon’tjustmovefromonetowntoanotherwithoutanythinginbetween, evenIdon’tdothat.” Blueball continued her report.

Nightshade scowled. The last couple of months there had been storms all along the coast, but this was the first time they had managed to get something coherent from those that rode out the storm. Turning, she glared out at where the latest storm was retreating over the ocean outside Manehatten. They had been battering the entire country for the last few weeks, but there seemed no rhyme nor reason to them and they left most of the areas they passed over looking like Discord had been up to his old tricks, only ten times worse than the last time he had been free to do so.

“Thank you, Blueball, tell Stratus I’d like to talk to him when he gets back, would you?” She got a nod from the blue pegasus and sighed as Blueball zipped off.

Turning, she pulled her flight goggles off, revealing a pair of golden eyes as she made her way over to the tent set up just outside Manehatten on three legs, the last holding her goggles.

“Anything?” A tired voice asked as she made it inside.

Nightshade shifted her wings in a shrug as she turned to look at her friend, “Nothing that we can use, Spitfire.” She replied just as tiredly. “The storms are some form of magic, which we knew since there was that one that passed over Canterlot less than a week ago and those unicorns tried to stop it without any success, and they seem to have some capability to teleport things or switch them, something we also knew, though this time we got confirmation. Some Banango ponies got caught and dropped in Manehatten Celestial Park. From what Blueball said, it looks like the west side of the park is probably somewhere around Banango about now, along with anyone that might have been in it when the storm hit the place.”

Spitfire’s eyebrow arched as she looked up at Nightshade. “From Banango? That’s hundreds of miles from here; even at top speed it would take one of us days to reach there and we don’t have to worry about terrain.”

“Exactly and…” Trailing off, Nightshade looked up as the storm siren went off again. “Can’t we get two minutes? Ugh… I’ll be so glad when those idiots in the guard get off their rumps and get down here.”

Spitfire sighed as the pair of them got to their hooves. “Even if most of them are only militia, it’ll still take a while to train them to be worth anything in this sort of situation.” She pointed out.

Nightshade grumbled, but conceded the point. Even with the build up after Tirek and the near miss with the sirens in that other world, and now these storms, it would probably take another couple of weeks before there were any worthwhile militia groups around to help them out, even taking into account they could call on the weather teams wherever they were stationed.

Running outside, the two captains barely had time to see another one of the strange storms had formed almost directly overhead before lightning lashed down, tearing their command tent to shreds. When the lightning faded, neither pony could be found. Most wrote them off as casualties of the storms, missing in action, for ten years.

She barely noticed the disorientation effects of the long distance teleport as she slammed a silver blade through the chest of the creature in front of her, causing it to shriek in pain. Pulling the blade out, she spun around, using the steel sword in her left hand to take the misshapen thing’s head off its shoulders.

The snap-crack of a las-shot sounded behind her as she looked around for more. After probably the best part of a decade fighting something, she was almost always on edge, even as she took in the screams of a crowd fleeing from them having seen an impromptu gladiatorial performance.

“That’s the last of them,” The voice behind her was comforting, even distorted as it was by what the other female was wearing. “But I don’t recognise where the nrr’gostyn pharsyn gated us to.”

Spinning her blades around to clean them off, she stepped back and looked around, frowning at the multi-coloured bodies fleeing the scene and the fluted architecture. It felt like it should be familiar to her, but it had been that long it felt more like a dream.

“Looks almost like some of the ‘classical’ Roman and Greek stuff you showed us, J’kreth.” One of her companions said, this one, like her, was a bipedal pegasus, wings large enough they could probably wrap around her body if necessary, though this pegasus’ grey-green coat and blue mane contrasted a lot with her own yellow and orange-yellow.

Looking around again, she frowned as she released her own helmet, taking it off with a sigh of relief. “At least we can breathe here, that’s the main thing. Though… I feel like I should recognise this place.”

“You know anywhere that uses solidified clouds as construction material?” The question made her look over at the last member of their party, this one a black dragon with a pure white mane. “’Cause Civa is apparently a few hundred feet below us, lookin’ up at a cloud bank and surrounded by corpses.”

Frowning, she racked her brain. “The only place I know of that would make sense is Equestria, but if we were there, you two shouldn’t be able to stand up here.”

“Between the mutagens from those monsters and the amount of blood we’ve shared over the years, we’ve probably gained the ability, Spitfire.” The black dragon shrugged. “That or it’s local magic that causes anything winged to be able to stand on clouds.”

“Maybe, but if this is Equestria, we probably shouldn’t just stand around in the middle of a stadium.” Her partner pointed out. “We’ve been away a while and even we heard something about militaries being brought onto alert because of those storms that were wrecking the place. Goddesses alone know what things will be like now.”

Spitfire nodded, twitching her tail a little under her armour. “Nightshade’s got a point. We probably should get down to Civa and see if we can find out what’s going on here before talking to anyone government.”

Both dragons nodded. :Civa, hold position, we’re joining you.: Jacinth’s mental voice echoed between Spitfire’s ears, making it plain that the other female was allowing them to listen in.

Crouching down, she spread her wings and leapt skywards, followed quickly by the rest before Jacinth took the lead position, leading them down to where Civa would be waiting.

:You know…: Nightshade’s mental voice echoed in her mind. :If you’re right and this is Equestria, we might finally be able to use our original forms. I mean, yeah, the hands are useful, it’s been too long since we were normal pegasi.:

Spitfire nodded, twitching her tail as they flew on. It would be a release to finally be able to return to her natural form after so long.

Unfortunately, none of the four saw some of the braver ponies watching them leave.

Checking herself over, Spitfire flicked her ears, listening to the sounds of the forest they had taken shelter in. For the first time in years she wasn’t wearing armour or carrying her swords, in fact for the first time in a long time she was standing on four legs.

“You look pretty good there, ‘Fire,” Nightshade commented, trotting up on all fours, her wings part spread to help her balance. “Though I’m not sure I’m going to be able to walk again anytime soon. My balance feels off.”

She nodded, taking a few steps of her own. After so long being upright, it felt weird being back on all fours, like she was trying to crawl around after having learned how to walk. “I know what you mean, ‘Shade, though at least this way we’ll be able to get into town if we’re right about where we are.”

:And probably be caught and questioned if you’re not careful.: Civa’s mental voice cut in. :You two did say you were only up to my colleagues’ arm pits originally, from the look of you, you’re somewhere between my armpits and half way up my shoulders.: She continued as the two ponies turned to look at the Companion, her white coat standing out a lot surrounded by the browns and greens of the forest.

Spitfire sighed and nodded, knowing that if nothing else, Civa was probably right about that, and about their size, since Civa herself was a giant compared to most of her kind, standing around eight or nine feet to the withers compared to the four to six most Companions apparently stood, or the two to four for most ponies, “What’s going on out there, Civa?”

Civa gave the impression of a slight smile as she looked up at them from where she was standing, watching their gear. :Jacinth sent some vrondi and varrir out to scout, from what they and C’ret are sending back, it looks like it is a pony held country that we’re in and they do talk. I’ve no idea what they’re saying though. Elementals and drathrae are notorious for not being able to get a real sense of most beings’ communication.:

“So even if we know where we are, we don’t know whether it’s our version, or what happened after that storm that caught us.” Nightshade deadpanned, getting a nod from Civa. “Well, it sounds like one or more of us will have to go into town and talk to ponies. Hopefully we won’t scare them off.”

She gave an amused snort, looking up at Nightshade. Even now, with her counterpart as a proper pony, the fangs and eyes, and general roughness, from the mutations they had undergone had stuck, and that was without the scars. Humans might find them more approachable, but to ponies? It was likely they would scare anyone away, particularly with the scars all of them had picked up from fighting monsters and nrr’gostyn countless times. “’Shade, if Civa’s right, we’re bigger than most ponies, have mutations, probably some sign of sharing blood with dragons,” Spitfire paused for a moment, checking her teeth, yup, two pairs of curved fangs there, “which I can feel my own fangs, and I’m not sure about the scales thing, and we’re scarred.” She looked over at her friend, raising a hoof to trace the scar that ran along her shoulder and down the opposite leg. “If we walked into town, they’d probably yank all the foals inside and lock the doors, and that’s without our equipment.” She continued, glancing over at the pile containing their swords and armour.

“Well, we could still get some idea of where we are in the world if Civa can give us a look at what her Herald’s summons are seeing.” Nightshade suggested, twitching her tail, her ears flicking around. “Besides, if we’re near one place, we’re bound to have a chance to come in doing some ‘good’, and an old fashioned monster hunt would probably be a useful way to get some supplies.” She looked over at Spitfire, arching an eyebrow. “We are Witchers, and even without anything else we’ve seen getting here, the Everfree has plenty of potentially nasty things in there. We can probably cull some manticores or timber wolves for a place to stay or something. Maybe we’ll find something that we can use to restock our potions. I need more tawny owl and thunderbolt, and you said you were out of swallow, rook and wolf.”

Spitfire nodded, they did need to get some potions ingredients together and restock on their potions reserves, particularly the ones that helped with healing, which could possibly be something to use to get into peop— ponies’ good graces as well. “Alright, let’s see what they’re seeing, Civa.”

Civa snorted at them before both of them felt her linking their sight to the creatures that were out roaming around.

It took the three of them a few moments to reorient themselves in the mental landscape, though as they looked around, Spitfire and Nightshade could see several landmarks they recognised. There on the lone mountain perched Canterlot, hanging off the side, defying gravity. Near the forest they were hiding in, a town, walled, but still recognisable as Ponyville, the crystal tree its most obvious landmark, beyond that, the dark depths of the Everfree loomed while Cloudsdale floated serene above it all.

If one were to simply look at the landscape it looked peaceful enough, but the soldiers on walls and guards flying patrols soon shattered that image. Something was going on. Whether it was their fault, that of someone else or simply the way this world was, none of the trio knew, but they were going to have to risk talking to someone for answers.

Oh, and for reference, the map of Equestria is in the link there.

FenrisianBrony
Group Admin

I'm liking this guys, I'm liking this a lot. If you would like me to set up a post to see if we can drum up interest in this then I will do something about it later. Hell, even with just the three of us I think we could make this into an interesting story.

It would certainly be nice to have a bit extra exposure to this idea, see if we can't get a mix of areas and some more decent writers to tell the tale.

I did have an outline and sign up sheet if you want to give them a once over and see if they're viable for use:

It has been twelve years since Tirek was sent back to Tartarus by Princess Twilight Sparkle and her friends, and just a few months less since she led her friends' human counterparts and Sunset Shimmer in defence of their home against the Siren threat. Since that time magical storms raged across Equestria and beyond for a year. Many disappeared in the chaos that followed, while other things appeared. Even the landscape and the creatures were not safe from the wild magic as parts of Equestria were swapped either within or outside its borders. Eight years ago, some ponies managed to return to find their home in chaos. Chaos they had thought they would be leaving behind. Now the last few extra-dimensional travellers are returning, perhaps it is time for them to restore their home through fire and sword.

Rules

1) Any writer can sign up to this, however this is a co-operative project so expect to be required to submit your chapters to someone before they are posted
2) Chapters should be between 1,000 and 5,000 words, up to 10K will be considered if necessary, but anything over 5K will be at lower priority
3) Chapters are required to be in legible English. Unless you are using something without any form of spell checker, you should be able to switch it to English and ensure words are at least spelled right. It would help to have someone read over things if you're unsure.
4) On sign up you should complete a basic form to show who, what, where and how your chosen characters will be returning from
5) Only <three> writers can use any one universe. These will be distributed on a first come, first served basis and anyone beyond the limit will be asked to pick another universe
6) Writers can have a returning party of <five> characters, at least two of these should be Equestrians or from the planet Equestria is on and one of them must be canon (seen in the series, the films or the comics)
7) Each character should be given a short description noting where they're from, basic description and known traits/combat style
8) Writers should submit a basic return to Equestria scene with the sign up to give some idea of where and when their characters will show up
9) Co-operative scenes/chapters or ones containing characters claimed by another should be discussed before posting, likewise writers sharing a universe should discuss how they believe things should interact with the different characters there (ie: Ponies in Star Trek as part of Kirk's crew might have an impact by the time of Picard's)
10) Have fun.

Anything in < > is subject to change.

Something like that, then a sign up sheet that would be something along the lines of:

FIM Fiction Name:
Party/Major Characters:
Preferred Universe(s):
Preferred Point of Return:
Writing Example (The Return to Equestria) (at least 500 words):

With the sign up, the writing example is more for us to see how different their writing style is and whether they're likely to need someone to go over things before they're posted rather than something to stop people writing.

So my sheet would be:

FIM Fiction Name: Ghrathryn
Party/Major Characters:

Spitfire: canon Captain of the Wonderbolts, yellow/orange fur, amber eyes, yellow-to-orange mane and tail. She’s probably around her late twenties to mid-thirties when things happen, a friend of Nightshade’s and the two of them get warped to the world of Witcher initially. The warp actually causes them to shift near-human, but undergoing the Witcher Trials (probably Grasses), they end up more anthro. Spitfire prefers either blade and shield or close-to-mid range rifle/SMG, but can dual wield if needs must. Her special talent involves speed and flames, but between the mutagens, drugs and dragon blood in her system she’s gained better flame control along with some weather and shape shift between four forms (basic pony, basic human, anthro pony and Ailiaar dragon).

Nightshade: OC, but general use one that was created by Poor Yorick on DA initially, she’s the Captain of the Shadowbolts and a friend of Spitfire’s when I use her. She’s got a grey-green coat, blue mane and gold eyes. She was with Spitfire when they were caught so ended up in the same place. Similar to Spitfire she’s Witcher trained, but prefers two-handed weaponry. While her talents lay in darkness, she can now manipulate shadows a lot better, even using them as weapons rather than escape along with weather and shape shift.

J’kreth-V’ren (Skyefyre): Personal OC, Franthryn dragon, she’s bipedal, blue and gold scaled, with traces of red, and green eyes. She met the previous pair when investigating a gate that appeared on the world she calls her own Pern, cira 3000-3500 after landing. She’s got a drathryn pet (miniature dragon, about 3-4 feet in length) and power over weather and fire, similar to Spitfire, though she can also manipulate other things and has better shape shifting capabilities. Her preferred combat style is a cross between the Dawn of War Imperial Guard general and Yellow from RWBY. Athletic, with gauntlet/bracer mounted guns and powered claws.

Jacinth: Older personal OC, rhyl’saar dragon noble with black scales and a white mane, Jac is a four-winger. She’s an ex-Herald that was hanging out with J’kreth due to their similar backgrounds when the call came in for people to check out a gate. She’s actually from a different version of the universe to J’kreth, but they both ended up together and have been working with others to deal with incursions. Jacinth’s actually a summoner, though she rarely uses the ability apart from spying or forcing truth from people since she doesn’t have any heavy combat summons. Preferred method is a staff/spear/swallow (two-bladed sword), assault rifle or dual pistol (laser preferred) and has spent time as a Herald, so she’s learned a little about leadership over the century she spent in Velgath, probably cira 1500-1700 after founding of Valdemar

Civa: OC Companion, she’s been with Jacinth since the early days of the dragon being in Valdemar, and is actually a lot bigger than most, due to Jacinth needing a bigger steed (around 8-9 foot to the withers). Due to her constant tapping of magical energy she’s completely white with blue eyes. She’s usually the one to haul her Herald out of trouble, though she does complain that the only time Jac rides is when she’s too injured to fly or run. Most of the Companions have heard her muttering about her Chosen being able to out run a Companion in a foot race, but she does care about her and will watch her back no matter her personal cost.

Preferred Universe(s): Witcher, Original (Dforgrym), elements of Velgarth and Pern
Preferred Point of Return: 10 years
Writing Example (The Return to Equestria) (at least 500 words): See post here: 4098918

Going along with that, since we know who I've tagged and who 4097668 has tagged for our main characters, who are you thinking of taking where and when they're supposed to return? With that we can probably start working out the time line for the returns.

FenrisianBrony
Group Admin

Not sure who I'll go with yet. May go with Gilda as she is best Griffon, plus a few OCs. Not sure if I want to go with a princess, although Cadence probably wouldn't be too big, nor would Blueblood. As for universe? I think it could be quite fun to invent a sci-fi one of my own for once, rather than using a pre-established one. Otherwise maybe Mass Effect, Gears of War or The Metro.

I will also post up all the stuff you put in the group, as well as making another group to have more conversations about this colab specifically. Any ideas on what we should call it?

Well, any of those characters or universes would be fine. If we do go with the rule set suggested you've got space for any or all of the three and first refusal on the universes in question.

With regards to naming a group, as I said naming things isn't my strong point, though getting people to run with my suggestions apparently is up there... :twilightsheepish:. We probably should ensure the fic/group name points out it's a Warrior's Return collab and probably something about the storms or something.

FenrisianBrony
Group Admin

Returning from the Storm?
And I'm going to dibs Blueblood then, just got to decide the universe

That'd work, and good luck with him, since what I remember of him, he's going to be in for a major shock, though it'd be interesting if he ended up as crew or pilot rather than infantry as his primary role, probably suit him better than 'tramping around in the mud with the commoners' as well, since at present we've got:

Twilight - wild hunter, possibly some druidic abilities, certainly used magic to mutate herself (more omnivorous than before, enhanced abilities)
Spitfire - Witcher/daemon hunter (sword and board), mutated by Witcher-verse drugs and dragon blood (specifically the retrovirus in said blood)
Nightshade - Witcher/daemon hunter (two-handed), mutated by Witcher-verse drugs and dragon blood (specifically the retrovirus in said blood)

For the Equestrian characters.

Also, in terms of potential changes to Equestria

Twilight missing - searches, Elements in active, probably period of depression for remaining Elements, Princesses and family
Spitfire/Nightshade - Seconds take over mid-campaign (Soarin'/Stratus since replaced), both 'bolts groups more militarised, possibly under direct control of someone
Blueblood - searches, loss of VIP (at least to him), more depression on Celestia
Small towns - fortified if near major wilderness (Ponyville/Everfree), militia training mandatory, guard units stationed
Larger towns - possible fortification, possible split from government
General - food sources switched, population lost, monsters roaming, non-native population gained, some creatures completely new (off-world), some mutated, ponies/others injured in transfers or mutated/merged with other things

With regards to the mutants, I'm thinking will'o'wisps from parasprites, spine shooting manticores and changed up chimeras are probably the less weird ones, maybe wyvern type dragons and the quarry eels gaining electrical attacks also being on the tame end of thing. Maybe variants of poison joke that play specific jokes or nastier ones as well.

FenrisianBrony
Group Admin

I'm thinking tank commander of some sort. Commander of The Good Prince :rainbowwild:
And I'm thinking that there is likely going to be lots of smaller factions, rather than a unifoed country, especially if anyone dcides to use one of the two celestial sisters. I was even debating that Celstia could be killed during the storms. Not taken, just flat out killed to make the chaos even worse.

Well, I could fully see several cities breaking away, possibly the sisters and Cadence having fallings out over everything that happens. I wasn't going to speculate on the full effects of everything as we don't know whether it'll be three or more of us writing nor whether certain ponies are involved, though I can see Discord enjoying himself even if he's reformed.

I can also fully see Blueblood butting heads with Jacinth and J'kreth, since both are nobles in their cultures, and Jacinth is technically a dragoon rather than infantry, plus Heralds in Valdemar are literally the Monarch's Voice and Monarch's Fist, and J'kreth is dragon rider raised, so she's been sort of 'ennobled' by virtue of having the creatures that protect the entire planet pretty much saying she's one of theirs, add in that it was a weyr Queen…. Yeah, heads being butted ahoy.

ponybornhuman
Group Admin

Nice like to see what happens to blueblood. And with the twlight part I'm gonna put up a rough draft here in the next few days.

ponybornhuman
Group Admin

Discord would be happy about all this!

Yup, he'd be bouncing around like a kid in a candy store after they'd been hopped up on sugar, soda and caffeine. At least presuming he's not warped or dead.

I am curious though. How are you two intending on telling the stories of the ponies you've taken for this project? By which I mean how will the readers learn what happened to them between the time they get warped away from Equestria and when they return.

FenrisianBrony
Group Admin

4104957 4102474
Tit-bits of information scattered throughout mostly. Maybe I'll write a side-story about Bluebloods time away. Oh, and I've finished writing both the disapperance and reapperance of Blueblood and his crew now, I'll try and upload them shortly. I'm also going to try and create a new group for this project later today, I'll send you both a message when it's up.

Cool, and that sounds pretty similar to my idea. I was intending on doing dreams, flash backs and story snippets rather than sit down and blather for what, to the characters, would be days.

As for the stuff, I'm still poking things, what's in here would work for a chapter, but I'm thinking of getting it up to 5K and go from there.

FenrisianBrony
Group Admin

Yeah, between 3000 and 5000 I'm thinking. I've written some provisional rules and such for the potential group. What do you think?:

It has been twelve years since Tirek was banished back to Tartarus by Princess Twilight Sparkle and her friends, and only a few months less than that when Twilight assisted Sunset Shimmer and her friend’s human counterparts defeat the Sirens in defence of their own home. The sudden influx of magic that wracked both worlds from these events did not pass harmlessly around each other however, and the ley-lines clashed violently across both worlds, bringing forth magical storms that raged out of control for close to a year.
Many disappeared in the chaos that followed, ripped from the surface of the world and presumed to be simple casualties. The storms did not just take however, but gave as well, depositing hideous beasts directly into Equestria and beyond, ensuring that no corner of Aedrides was left untouched.
The world has changed much since that time, those who still call it home being forced to adapt to a new and frightening world that they were neither prepared nor equipped to defend against. For eight years hope was non-existent, and many believed that this was how the world would end. Perhaps it would have been, had it not been for the ray of light we received.
Eight years ago, the first of the travellers returned, hoping to leave behind the chaos of the universe they had been pitched into, only to find that the chaos they were trying to escape from was already waiting for them. The arrival heralded yet another shift in the world’s powers, as kings and warlords sought out the traveller’s skills and new weapons to help strengthen their cause and expand their own influence. Now the last of the travellers are returning home, and perhaps together, it will be time for them to restore their world through fire, shot and sword.

Rules
1.) Any chapters written should be between 3000 and 5000 words. Longer chapters can be submitted if they are a direct work between two or more authors.
2.) All chapters are going to be edited and proof-read, but it would help if those participating could try to minimise errors.
3.) When signing up, fill out the basic form below and wait for it to be reviewed.
4.) Writers can have no more than five primary characters, and at least two of these must be from Equestria or the planet that Equestria is on originally, one also having to be a canon character.
5.) Authors can use the same universe as each other if they wish, but must be placed in suitably different time zones, so as to ensure that they don’t run into each other before returning to Equestria. If you want to discuss how things would be influenced by the ponies in the earlier time period, for example ponies on Kirks Crew in Star Trek may influence ponies in the time of Picard, that would be a bonus.
6.) Have fun.

Sign-up Sheet

Main Characters:
Universe that they disappeared to:
Preferred point of return:
Preferred time of return:
Writing example: (Your characters being taken or being returned – 500 to 1000 words)

And then here's mine:

Main Characters:
Blueblood: Canon. First Prince of Equestria, and is next in line to the throne if Celestia and Luna are unable to lead, in front of Twilight Sparkle and Cadence. Is forty one when the magical storms first hit. He is now in command of a S.P.I.D.E.W (Specialised Patrol and Interception/Directed Energy Weapon) tank, known as The Good Prince. Classified as a medium battle tank by most armed forces in the universe, the SPIDEW navigates on six legs, and has the firepower to slay the toughest foes, while staying safe from reprisals behind its thick armour, and, thanks to its unicorn crew, magical energy shields.

Splinter Shield: A male unicorn who served as Bluebloods personal guard for seven years, before the storms. Is thirty five when the storms hit. Now acts as The Good Prince’s Driver, as well as charging the shield matrix to protect the outside of the tank. This job also places him in charge of The Good Prince’s close in weapons.

Radial Stone: A male unicorn who served as Bluebloods personal guard for three years, before the storms. Is Twenty nine when the storms hit. Now acts as The Good Prince’s main gunner.

Galrof: Species – Cabayan. A member of the Federation of Free Worlds, or FFW, who are known for their technological affinity. He is twenty six when he returns to Equestria. Acts as the crews mechanic, as well as the loader for Radial Stone.

Forix: Species – Cabayan. A member of the Federation of Free Worlds, or FFW, who are known for their technological affinity. He is thirty one when he returns to Equestria, and acts as the crews assistant driver, as well as manning the tanks close in weapons.

Universe that they disappeared to: OC universe
Preferred point of return: A small fortified town
Preferred time of return: Two years before the present day
Writing example: (Your characters being taken or being returned – 500 to 1000 words - I did both :rainbowwild:):

Blueblood let out a soft growl of frustration as he poured over the map in the war-room of Canterlot Castle. The map was a marvel of magical engineering, its surface changing to perfectly reflect the current state of Equestria, showing everything from border changes to new buildings as they were built. Now however it only further engrained how dire the situation across the planet really was.

The magical storms that had started earlier that year were still growing, covering more and more of Equestria, claiming more lives and depositing strange and terrifying creatures with every meter that they advanced. They had tried everything to stop the storms, the best minds in every field devoting their every waking hour to devising a solution, but nothing worked, the storms simply pushing onwards, leaving a trail of destruction and death behind them.

Blueblood growled again, this time barely managing to stifle a yawn as he turned back to face the other guards in the room with him. Blueblood was no stranger to combat, having served with the guard along the border for five years before returning to Equestria, and even then he had managed to get some rest, but the storms did not relent, the heavy bags under his eyes tantamount to that fact.

“Report,” his voice was horse as he spoke the single word, looking between the various guards in the room, his eyes lingering on his two personal guards, Splinter Shield and Radial Stone.

“We have lost contact with the guard stationed at Hoofington,” Radial began, taking a step forward. “All of our unicorn-to-unicorn communication is useless due to the interference from the storm, and unidentified flying creatures mean getting a message through via Pegasus will likely just result in more death.”

“I want eyes on this storm front, categorise these new creatures and add them to the scrolls,” Blueblood ordered, rubbing his temple. “Tell the ponies who are sent not to attempt to get too close, but stress the importance of the mission.”

“Yes sir,” Radial nodded, looking at one of the guards in the room and gesturing for him to carry out the orders given, before turning back to Blueblood. “There is a small bit of good news sir.”

“Well go on, no matter how small it will make a goddess damned change,” Blueblood sighed.

“The Minotaur ambassador and his guards have managed to make it to our borders and link up with some of our guard units returning to Canterlot,” Splinter Shield took over.

“They made it through the storms in one piece?” Blueblood asked, genuinely surprised. “ETA?”

“Two days sir,” Splinter Shield continued. “I could send out a team of chariot beare….”

Splinter Shield was cut off as the door was flung open, a Pegasus in battered golden armour standing in the doorway, panting heavily as he limped forward.

“What is the meaning of this intrusion?” Blueblood asked, trying to regain some of his normal air of authority, before his shoulders sagged and he relented. “A new report I presume?”

“Y-Yes sir,” the Pegasus nodded shakily.

“Well? Spit it out then,” Blueblood approached the Pegasus. “Whatever news you bear I am sure that we have heard worse.”

“The north wing of the castle has collapsed,” the guard’s voice was almost a whisper as he spoke the next bit. “P-Princess Celestia was in the wing. She, she is believed to be KIA.”

The room was silent as the news struck home, each member of the room exchanging disbelieving looks. Finally, Blueblood broke the silence.

“You are sure of this?” he murmured.

“I watched the wing collapse sir, and I helped pull out a few bodies before being sent here,” the Pegasus replied solemnly.

Blueblood nodded slowly, turning back to the map as a few tears rolled down his cheek. “I’m sorry auntie,” he whispered to himself, before placing both hooves on the table. He let the silence hang for a few seconds longer, before he spoke again, his voice heavy, as if the weight of the world rested on his shoulders. In many ways it now did.

“I am initiating Starfall Protocol. Everypony who is not Radial Stone or Splinter Shield, leave now. You know what this contingency entails. Carry it out.”

“Sir, you can’t be serious,” Splinter Shield sounded incredulous as he stepped forward.

“I am corporal,” Blueblood replied, not looking round.

“Blueblood!” Splinter cried. “You don’t even know that she’s…”

“Don’t say that word about my aunt,” Blueblood snarled, turning round to face his guard and pulling himself up to his full height, seeming towering above the unicorn, even though there was very little height difference between them. “And no, I don’t know for certain, but I cannot take that chance. If auntie really is…is gone, then we have less than an hour before the sun, her sun, is extinguished. I will not allow that to happen.”

“But to give control back to unicorns after so long?” Radial cut in. “Princess Luna may still return.”

“May, may, may,” Blueblood shook his head. “There are too many hopeful wishes, and while nice, a country cannot be run on them. I am next in line to the throne after my aunts, and I will not allow all their work to be in vain. Equestria will not fall on my watch, I can guarantee you that.”

Radial Stone and Splinter Shield exchanged nervous glances as Blueblood turned back to the table. They had both seem Blueblood in fits of rage and grief before, but those were usually over someone spilling tea on his suit or some such trivial slight, but this was completely different. It was measured and calculating, each word being carefully considered before being given life. It was at times like this Blueblood showed why he stayed in power for so long, his diplomatic mind staying keen, even when all seemed lost.

“Sir… My Prince. I’m sorry,” Splinter Shield walked up beside Blueblood.

“Blueblood,” Blueblood shook his head. “The pair of you have known me long enough to call me by my real name, especially in times like this. Speak freely, the pair of you.”

“I…” Splinter began, but he never managed to finish his sentence.

The room was suddenly shaken by an unseen force, tossing all three ponies to the floor as the roof collapsed in small places, sending flakes of plaster and rock down upon their heads as the white lightening of the magical storms wracked the room. By the time the structure had finally settled, there was no sign of the room, the guards, or Prince Blueblood.

(Return)

A pony screamed as yet more of the hideous creatures smashed their way through the hastily repaired barricade that surrounded their town, tearing apart buildings and ponies alike as it charged on, heedless of the spears and arrows sticking out of it. Even some of the new weapons the town had were useless, the tiny steel balls bouncing off the creatures hides, failing to even slow them down.

Ponies ran in terror from the attackers, fleeing for their lives rather than facing down the foe. Most knew that it would be a pointless task, and that their fate would be the same if they ran or fought, but that didn’t stop almost everypony from trying.

“No. No!” A pony screamed in terror as she tripped over, landing heavily and trying to scrabble back to her hooves, before turning to see the lead creature already bounding towards her. Her voice rose to an ear pitching scream as the beast roared in return, jumping high in the air to pounce down upon her.

Then, it was gone. In its place was simply a fine mist and a searing red beam, surrounded by an unfortunately familiar hail of magical lightening, both of which faded almost as soon as they had arrived. A nanosecond later a loud crack rent the air, and the pony who had fallen could feel her fur stand on end, as if she had rubbed herself along a balloon. A few more seconds past before another beam shone across the town, striking and destroying yet more creatures. Some creatures still managed to sneak through whatever the barrage was, only to be cut down where they stood by a flurry of smaller beams.

It didn’t take long before the town-turned-battlefield was silent once again, the acrid smell of burnt flesh and ionised fur wafting across the land. Shakily, the fallen pony got back to her hooves, turning around to look at their saviour, expecting to see a cadre of the local Warlords unicorns.

Instead, a huge metal beast stood stock still in the middle of the town. Six legs held up a huge metal body. Slowly, the legs began to move, a tiny hiss punctuating the movement as the main body of the beetle like machine was lowered to the ground, finally touching down.

By now most of the remaining townsponies had gathered around, those holding weapons forming a cordon around it. Years of living under the threat of beast attacks and paying ‘protection bits’ to the local warlord and his ponies had left most unwary of help from outsiders, even if they had just saved them.

The machine was still for a long time, allowing the ponies to take it in, most of their eyes being drawn to the strange beam-throwing weapon on the very top, the words The Good Prince painted in white paint along the side of it, before their eyes were drawn to the sound of an opening hatch. Weapons were readied by those who still had them as the hatch finally opened, the unmistakable shape of a unicorns horn emerging from within, followed swiftly by a dirty and sweaty blonde mane, and finally an equally grime streaked white body as the unicorn looked down on them.

“Ponies of Equestria,” Blueblood called down, a smile spreading across his face as a tear rolled down his cheek. “The Good Prince has arrived.”

Obviously everything can change if it clashes with peoples ideas, but it's the general gist of things that I was going for.

I'd say we probably should have a base map for the world, just so everyone knows where things are supposed to be, or at least where they were in the period before the Storms.

Also, with this section:

5.) Authors can use the same universe as each other if they wish, but must be placed in suitably different time zones, so as to ensure that they don’t run into each other before returning to Equestria. If you want to discuss how things would be influenced by the ponies in the earlier time period, for example ponies on Kirks Crew in Star Trek may influence ponies in the time of Picard, that would be a bonus.

I'd personally say that we only have one instance of a universe and any parties that are in the same one need to be spread enough temporally or physically that they don't interact too much/often, but their actions can have an effect on each other, eg: Picard being more willing to accept ponies due to there being reports of Kirk having some in his crew and them being good at things or having useful skills or say Kyle encountering a group that help him with the Dark Trooper incident and that leading to Luke/someone aiming to get another group onto the Rebellion's side when they're encountered at Dantooine/Tantooine/Yavin/Endor. Both cases the ponies aren't likely to be too close to one another, but they've done things that will potentially lead to the other group having a slightly better chance at things.

Though that brings up a point I'd forgotten about. Some universes are multidimensional by nature (Persona 4, Star Trek (mirror)), or have beings that bounce around time (Star Trek, Doctor Who), we might have to pay attention to those universe particularly. It might be an idea to set up the forums of this new group you're planning to have a thread per universe and a submissions area so we can track what's going on where and when a bit more easily.

With regards to the example, I'm taking it that you're writing it as Celestia and Luna, if not actually dead, aren't in Equestria any more, giving the chance that someone else can grab them if they want. I'm also taking it, since Blueblood returns a couple of years before Spitfire's group, there's likely to be rumours that 'Fire can pick up in town about a metal beast somewhere protecting things.

FenrisianBrony
Group Admin

Right I'll change that rules wording in a bit then.

Yeah, I'll set up a few different threads in the new group when I finally get it up and running.

As for Celestia and Luna, I haveideas for both of them that can help with the general plot of the story for us. If the sisters were still around, it would be unlikely that Equestria would fragment, and if they simply returned, ponies would rally to them. I'm thinking Celestia dies outright, or at least is in some sort of coma which she hasn't showed any signs of waking up from. As for Luna, I was thinking that when the storms started hitting, she and some of her guards went in search of a way to stop them in the form of the magical heart of the world. The last thing they heard from the expedition was that they had found it, along with a rough guide of how they got there, then they didn't hear anything else. The travellers then have so ething to strive for, as they want to get Luna back to help restore some sense of balance to the new world order. Otherwise I don't know what our central plot-line will be.

FenrisianBrony
Group Admin

And yeah, a map would be useful

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 92