Reach and Flexibility 93 members · 16 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
ymom2
Group Admin

This thread is dedicated as a place to introduce yourself. Feel free to promote yourself especially if it has to do with flexibility. Are you a contortionist? A contortionist in training? An aspiring contortionist? A fan of flexible people/ponies? A fan of the erotic possibilities of flexibility? Something else?

I'll start.

Name: Ben, Benjamin, or Ymom2
Nationality: American

I have been somewhat obsessed with contortion ever since Ty Lee the contortionist in Avatar: the Last Air Bender sparked my interest in flexibility. Since then my knowledge of contortion has grown enormously and I began to regularly do flexibility training for my dream of being a contortionist. I used to think that only girls with a health condition could be contortionists. Then I learned that anyone relatively healthy can be a contortionist it just becomes more difficult as you age but not impossible. Unfortunately, I quit my regular stretching many times over the years otherwise I might be a master contortionist by now. However, I have recently been regularly stretching for the past 3-4 months so I have been getting quite good.

I would consider myself a contortionist in some ways and a contortionist in training in other ways. Here are some things I have accomplished: I can get both of my feet to touch my head at the same time in a backbend. I can get one heel at a time to my shoulder in a backbend. I can get my eyes to be level with my heels while kneeling in a backbend. I can do a frontbend/human knot where both of the legs are behind the head/shoulders and get my head/shoulders quite close to the crotch in a frontbend. I have recently gotten the straddle splits down and am getting close to the side splits.

My dream is to be flexible in every way! However, my realistic goals that I might be able to accomplish in some months If I work hard are: backbend cheststand with my feet touching the floor, beginning of an oversplit with my straddles, getting my side splits down, getting a foot under the armpit in a half knot, and some NSFW frontbend goals (I might regret saying this):facehoof:

I used to worry who would know that I do contortion which is why I used the account Chucklefarts as a proxy. My parents do not know and I live with them! However, I have started to care less and less about who knows.

I admin or have founded many groups on Fimfiction. Most notably I admin Badass Twilight=Total Domination, and Alicorn Twilight. I founded Tyrant Sparkle. I would love to see more stories on fimfiction describing the beauty of flexibility and contortion!

I also neurotically tag and upload pictures having to do with flexibility and contortion on derpibooru.org. Some tags that I maintain: flexible, contortionist, backbend, frontbend, cobra stretch, chest stand, needle stretch, plow stretch, knot position, controlled dislocation, splits, oversplit, yoga, autocunnilingus, and autofellatio .

I am a fan and practitioner of contortion. I am a fan of the artists on derpibooru that draw contortionist and flexible ponies, the authors on fimfiction who write about flexible and contortionist ponies, and contortionists themselves. If anyone is curious or wants more information about flexibility or wants to become more flexible, I can help inform you and teach you stretches.

Some other things are that I am a computer engineer, I am a politics buff, I run long distance regularly, and I sometimes play video games.

Also, Twilight is best pony with Blossomforth a close second.

Your turn!

I can't remember exactly why I joined this group. ^^ I don't know much about contortion and I'm not interested in it for erotic purposes, but I do find it an interesting and plausible ability for ponies, especially earth ponies. It has a nice application in the Lunaverse, where Lyra (Element of Loyalty) is double-jointed in all four legs; most of the time this is merely an interesting factoid to impress or gross other ponies out, but she makes use of it in at least one episode to escape captivity.

Have you considered advertising this group again to get more peoples?

ymom2
Group Admin

4202723 If you don't know much about contortion, the first thing that you should know is that with the proper practice and training the body is capable of some truly extraordinary things. Just search contortionist on the internet or the terms contortionist or flexible in derpibooru to find out. Anyone can be a contortionist if they put in the effort required just like how anyone can become an athlete. Ponies are also mammals so logically they should also be capable of feats of flexibility if they can be persuaded to follow a consistent training schedule. There are no sentient ponies on earth so there aren't many ponies here that would think to take up such a hobby. However, in Equestria with an abundance of sentient ponies I can imagine that there are many contortionists.

The term "double-jointed" always seemed to be a bit annoying to me because it seems to imply that some people are just born with an extra joint that allows range of motion and others cannot hope to achieve the same. This is simply not true. It is true that some people might be able to become flexible more quickly due to age, diet, or other variables. However, everyone has the same capacity to learn contortion or "double-jointedness" if they put in enough effort. If you see some contortionist on youtube effortlessly bending into what seems to be an impossible pose know that you can do it also. It may take months to years depending on how much you practice and your consistency but it can be done.

I have not considered advertising the group but I am considering it now. I might submit it for the next group post. Do you have any suggestions of where to advertise?

However, in Equestria with an abundance of sentient ponies I can imagine that there are many contortionists.

They also have the slight advantage of being cartoon characters, which explains some of the contortions Pinkie's able to get away with :)

Do you have any suggestions of where to advertise?

The Shameless Self-Promotion Bureau is the only place I can think of.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4