Gun Club 758 members · 351 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

So lately I've gotten my mitts on a new project, And I genuinely am excited to see it to fruition. Lately I've gotten me hands on a new AK kit! Sure I already own a Kalash, but I wanted to make another for the longest time. Sure, making ARs is fun, but there's no challenge. Mill out slot A, Insert parts B - E, blah, blah, blah. It's a bloody lego set. Whoop-di-fuckin-doo. I can do that crap in my sleep.

This time I may have gotten a bit too ambitious. I'm building by own copy of the AK-103;

and either some parts MAY be incompatible, or the companies I bought said parts from sent me the wrong damned thing. I have voiced my annoyance to said companies, but 'All sales are final" yadda yadda." Just means I wont buy from them again, and I'll advise anyone against it too. Now where the parts MAY be incompatible is the gas block. The barrel I purchased does have its gas port pre drilled, but it seems to be too far forward to work with the newer 90 degree style gas block... It may be me being paranoid, it may be a non-issue. I won't know until I start assembling it.

Now getting the rear trunion for the folding stock mechanism was just as much of a headache as getting a barrel these days. Sadly I can only afford the Bulgarian 4.5mm model, rather than the standard 5.5, but C'est la Vie. I plan on making a video of the whole thing so if you guys are patient, and want to see, I'll post links to my Youtube/Rumble/Full30 accounts, and will even link it to my Parler.

Stay safe, Shoot straight, God bless.

Would you mind providing a link to your YouTube channel here?
Watching someone build an AK sounds cool. I just purchased an assembled AK-V9.

Once The weapon is assembled, and the video edited, I'll post the links to all three video sharing sites. Just in case one gets deleted for whatever reason. Such as Youtube's Communist anti-gun policy(Insert USSR National Anthem here).

so whats the appeal of building the AK when there are now good quality 103 clones on the US market. Is it just the fun of building, or is it form 4473?

Personally have a psa 103. Its great!

Honestly it's a bit of both. I get more enjoyment, more pride out of my guns knowing I made them. I know what quirks they may have, and the best part of all is, I know how to fix it if something was done wrong somewhere, so I don't have to take it to a gunsmith who may rip me off for something as simple as a broken pin or spring(god forbid the receiver warp, but that's next to a non issue for me.)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5