The Canterlot Archives 109 members · 52 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
The Plebeian
Group Admin

I am happy to announce that the Archives are now accepting Scrollmaster applications. The application process includes a résumé, two reviews, and an interview. For those who want to apply, here are the expectations:

You must be able to analyze and understand literature. We expect our Scrollmasters to spot and interpret subtleties in styling, plot, characterization, themes, purpose, and narration as a whole.

You must be willing to correspond and socialize with your fellow Scrollmasters. It's just a chat, maybe a mic session now and then. The Scrollmaster team is as much a community as it is a workforce.

You must be able to review in a timely fashion. We understand if emergencies come up, but we expect a certain level of time commitment otherwise.

You must be able to communicate the merits and demerits of a piece clearly and thoughtfully. We do not tolerate hostility or prejudice in our reviews.

You must be willing to adapt your critiques to our standards. Critics need guidance too, and everyone has room for improvement.

Finally, you must like critiquing and reviewing stories, whether they turn out to be mediocre or professional. Chances are, if you've made it this far in the list, you're covered.

Those of you who think you can live up to these standards, send me a PM titled "Scrollmaster Application." I'll lead you through the process. Thank you, and good luck!

SilentBelle
Group Admin

Hmm, it'll be nice to have more people with varying personal tastes and viewpoints. I look forward to talking to the new Scrollmasters and seeing what stories they like.

dancing mop
Group Admin

Well, until a few days ago, I didn't have time for anything like this, but...things have changed. Today is now my last day of work, so I'd be happy to apply!

How exactly do I go about that?

SilentBelle
Group Admin

3080063 PM Plebeian about it, as stated above:

Those of you who think you can live up to these standards, send me a PM titled "Scrollmaster Application." I'll lead you through the process. Thank you, and good luck!

He's handling all the applications and such.

dancing mop
Group Admin

Oh, it does...say...right...there. Heheh. Oops.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5