Doomsday(Dark Fic Group) 112 members · 111 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10
Zorphius
Group Admin

Evil is not simply being mean to people on the street. Evil is hatred, envy, greed, chaos, deciet, and everything that is not good. There are typically three basic types of evil. The first is cruelty, or lack of kindness. This kind of evil likes to rule with a iron fist, never showing mercy. It sees everything only as a tool. An example of this is the Iron Curtain and Nazism. The second is Chaos. Chaos is not merely unpredictable, it is mischevious, doing whatever it pleases, always doing what it does for it's own entertainment. Serial killers represent this side of evil. The final face of evil is Lust, or Greed. Greed entices, suducing one to commit further vile acts. It wishes to fulfil only it's own needs, giving no care to others. It is treacherous, lying and killing to get what it wants. Thieves are the most common in this area. That is all.

Dropbear
Group Admin

What about characters who enjoy certain bouts of evil, specific acts of violence and mass-killings of certain things but preform the really evil stuff in service, eg ordering the genocide of an entire solar system because the locals refused to surrender?

Zorphius
Group Admin

That would be the first group, or Cruelty. Crushing all in it's way is a trait of Cruelty. Disregarding any life, it shows no mercy.

Dropbear
Group Admin

But the character does show mercy to some, making them more of a type two.

Evil cannot be put into classes, if there is even such a thing as evil.

Anyway, off-topic but loving this group so far. Need more members!

Zorphius
Group Admin

Abd that is why we must spread our existance across Fimfiction, so that others may join us. Also, I prefer the type one. I have always been attracted to the idea of the Iron curtain. Also I love the Russian uniform.

2857222 Well putting chaos as evil seems silly, just look at D&D where you can be chaotic good or lawful evil.

Zorphius
Group Admin

Yes there is a Good Chaos and a Bad Chaos. It's a double sided Element, like anger. Anger is a sin unless it is righteous anger, in which it is Good.

2857841 Alright I understand what you mean now, I forgot you were talking about various types of evil and thought you were saying chaos was evil my bad :twilightblush:.

2857614 Actually you can categorize evil (to an extent). We humans do it all the time, the guy who molested and murdered a child is more evil then the man who lied to his wife (unless of course you read the Bible, which states that God sees all sin as bad, and deserving of death).

However the point I think you are trying to make is that you can't always but a character into a certain category of evil. For example you could have a conqueror who is in fact merciful to those who surrender to him, yet he is cruel and merciless to those who resist.

Dropbear
Group Admin

Actually you can categorize evil (to an extent). We humans do it all the time, the guy who molested and murdered a child is more evil then the man who lied to his wife (unless of course you read the Bible, which states that God sees all sin as bad, and deserving of death).

Ah, but once again, one man's evil is another man's normal Tuesday. The problem with trying to put a moral idea into a class is that everyone has a differing opinion on what is right and what is wrong.

Hence why I don't think we can 'catagorise' evil apart from the obvious results (eg murder/rape etc.)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10