William Shakespony 70 members · 32 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10
Rubyfire377
Group Admin

Ok Valentine''s day is coming up and you know what I am going to ask you guys a simple question if you write a Romeo and Juliet fanfic, who would be Romeo and who would be Juliet ( it would be asking who is you who is your favorite ship), here's an example for me Spike and Rarity.

2834855 Who is Tybalt in your equation?

Rubyfire377
Group Admin

2834910 Oh him the Prince of cats that would have to be a tough one, he is short tempered and maybe a background pony like Thunderlane I really have no idea do you have an idea of a good Tybalt.

2834959 Sweetie Belle, or Twilight if you give Rarity the role of Romeo. He was Juliet's brother if I remember right. Alternately simply another of Rarity's suitors.

Rubyfire377
Group Admin

2835166 I think he was Juliet's cousin and I think would plan on making giving the role of Juliet to Rarity but I don't plan on making a Romeo and Juliet fanfic for a while I just asking who would you give the roles for Romeo and Juliet too and why?

2835241 That depends on how far the characters are allowed to diverge, both from Romeo & Juliet's plot and from MLP canon. If you have no divergence from both, the best pairings would be Spike & Rarity, Pinkie & Pinkamena, Rainbow Dash & Daring Do, RD & Fluttershy, or Angel & Fluttershy, depending on how far pony society accepts their love in your story.
If you diverge a bit more, Sombra & Luna (with Celestia as Tybalt, and Luna becoming Nightmare Moon after Celesita banishes Sombra), Twilight & Trixie (one is royalty and the other has a criminal record), Twilight & Shining Armor (forbidden love between siblings, with either Celestia or Cadance playing the role of Tybalt), or Shining Armor & Cadance (if Chrysalis as Tybalt sabotages them and their entire families) would work.
If you go for a crack fic you could pair Sombra & Cadance, Shiny & Chrysalis or Twilight & Sunset as R&J.

Rubyfire377
Group Admin

2835351 Man you are so full of great idea's man :pinkiesmile: and I am asking you personal if you write a Romeo and Juliet fanfic who would you pair and how would you work it out just asking?

2835806 Personally I would take Sombra as Romeo. The story playing in the Old Chrystal Empire and Juliet either being an OC like in Arthurian - The Black King (great story) or Juliet being Chrysalis, like in my considerations on Macbeth.
Them starting out as naive young lovers, with shining ideals and pure of heart, and then things taking a darker path.

DisneyFanatic23
Group Admin

I would have Twilight and Flash Sentry, though Spike would really fit lovesick Romeo.
Rarity would be Lady Capulet, because she's so dramatic! And something like AJ as Benvolio, Pinkie as Mercutio and Rainbow Dash as Tybalt.
Though I've done Romeo and Juliet adaptations so many times! And I don't want to end up killing these characters.

Comment posted by Rubyfire377 deleted Feb 12th, 2014
Rubyfire377
Group Admin

2835909 Killing characters is very hard to do sometimes and believe me on that because in one of my biggest events that leads to the war between this 13 big bad guys called the Forsaken and Twilight's army

Comment posted by Rubyfire377 deleted Feb 12th, 2014
Comment posted by Rubyfire377 deleted Feb 13th, 2014
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10