Blunt Reviews Group 467 members · 170 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
ChudoJogurt
Group Contributor

The Fox and the FlutterĀ» by Nugget
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/204582/the-fox-and-the-flutter

After returning from a trip to the market place, Fluttershy tries to feed a lonely fox.. The end.

Grammar
There isn't much room for errors in a thousand words. There are few confusing phrases, but I guess it's 30/30...

Style
Solid. Text flows well, and is easily readable. Again, certain phrases are weird, and the wording choice is strange in terms of adjectives (e.g. the descriptions of how bad the smell of the fish was) tend to break you out of the story, and spoil it somewhat. 25/30

Plot
There is none. Fluttershy is being Fluttershy and fox is being the fox, and I guess dead fish is being a dead fish, so everything is consistent, and yeah, it makes sense for Flutters to try to feed a wild critter she meets.
The dialogue are pretty Fluttershy-y, however much of it there is.
But there's pretty much nothing else in the "story" - and I use the term loosely - so 10/30

Personal Preference
What was the point of it all?
0/10

Total Tally: 65/100. Huh.

Karibela
Group Admin

5730490 Yeah, it did seem a bit odd.
But the author does preface by saying it's experimental, so I suppose that's what they're trying to go for.

silverspawn
Group Admin

65/100. Huh.

Does "Huh" mean "Huh the score is strangely high for how I felt about the story / how the review reads?""

ChudoJogurt
Group Contributor

For the story. Given that I personally did not care for the story that much, I think the final result is kinda surprising....but not entirely undeserved.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4