The Pleasant Commentator and Review Group! 1,289 members · 149 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

Then We'll Run

Story by: maxxxxxx

Originally Reviewed by: FamousLastWords (Original Review founded here.)

New Review done by: Cromegas_Flare, approved by both Comrega and Maxxxxxx

Hi guys! Guess who decided to man up and finish reading a story he promised to read weeks ago. That's right, this guy!

So without farther ado, lets move on to the story.

Basic Rundown of Then We'll Run:

The story follows the shipping of Rainbow Dash, and Twilight sparkle. If that raises a flag for you, then no... you probably want to avoid this story. If not though, you might find yourself enjoying this one. However, there is one catch. If you are not with any LGTB group or do not support them in any way, then when you open the story... keep in mind that there is a strong message about fear and rage about today's society. So, keep your mind open, and don't take things to personal, because the feelings put forth in this story are very much real. Whether or not one would agree with the standards portrayed.

Starting off, we have Rainbow Dash and Twilight preparing for their personal tradition of reading together. You get some hints on Twilight's feelings (however so passive they may be.) and Rainbow Dash's feelings (A bit more focused to how they are.)

Events occur, and after some dramatic events, Twilight and Rainbow Dash find out they are in love. Only one problem with that. Twilight tells Celestia, and all Hell breaks loose. Homosexuality is of the highest offenses in Equestria in this story. Family turns against family, and allies become rare.

I won't spoil the end of what is written so far, and I'll be honest, I don't know if this story will ever finish since it is incomplete.

Narration in this story is slow from event to event. As to the fact, things don't pick up until the 3rd or 4th chapter. That does not stop the simple manner the story is written however. The story does not go into detail like novels known to the world. (Lord of the Rings). The prose in the story are actually rather week, and when reading the story, every event flies by way to fast. The burst of emotion that was taken to write this story it seems, was only emotion to write down the events.

I was not able to catch the emotion of betrayal and hurt suffering into my heart. The only thing I could feel through out this story was a spike of rage. Rage to those who will not let other people do what they want to do. That is about it when it comes to emotion though. Can't say I'm surprised, simply because that is how most people react to this issue, no matter what side of drama you are on.

The grammar was, shall I say sloppy. However, if you can read through my reviews just fine, you might, and I stress Might... be able to read through this story. I do, after all, have grammar skills like a turtle on it's back.

For a story that was written with personal fears and experiences, I would recommend this story to catch how other people feel about the issue at hand. That is where the enjoyable rank comes in.

However, if this story has any hope of having an impact to how people think. There needs to be some serious changes in presentation and flow. For me, reading this story was not smooth sailing. What I'm really trying to say, is...

1. There needs to be something more than just Twilight and Rainbow Dash.

2. There needs to be more than just the extreme wrath and disappointment of Princess Celestia.

3. The written portion of the story, needs to be smoothed out, adding detail to emotions. Developing the character. Show us what is going on, not just telling us. Writing out the thoughts of characters does not bring emotion to words, but giving the reader a reason to care.

4. Find someone who cares about this story as much as you do, and let them help you sand the sculpture into a masterpiece. (Find a better editor.)

Those are some tips I can offer you, whether or not you take them is up to you.

TL:DR (Read this story if you want to get a better understanding of the Pro-LGBT insight. Though the story was a bit sloppy to me as a reader, it has potential to improve.)

I give this story a *Needs Work" because it really does. But I enjoyed my time with it if it means anything.

This is a Re-Review, if anyone has questions about Re-Reviews, contact Cromegas_Flare ASAP, there are some special rules in place that are custom to change.

~~Make Life an Adventure~
Mr. Flare

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1