The Pleasant Commentator and Review Group! 1,289 members · 149 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

All Ponies Die

By: somebadauthor

Reviewers Tags: Teen: Gore, Hilariously Disturbing. >Only in one chapter though.

~~+~~

Mr. Flares After through Commentary and Review

First, I was like,

Then I was like,

Now I'm like

So I entered this ready for some weird stuff, and I did actually get some weird stuff. I liked it, I loved it. Was that all I got though? No, I also got some chapters that pulled of a little bit of feels but not to much. Starting with the first chapter I read through it and was surprised to find out it related to the FlutterJack shipping. No big deal though, just some flavor to the story.

I'll be honest that the feels I got there felt a bit forced since there was little to no back story given to the situation. Good News? This story is not about back story, this story is about how ponies die in different ways... so... deal with it.

The Chapter with Luna got to me, but then there was that chapter with Applejack. So My question is, do all these stories tie together or are they their own little separate worlds?

Execution

Ok, so the most interesting thing with this story is how it is pulled together. It's presented to you in an obvious sense that these stories are not meant to be happy. Something along the lines like this.

>Suck it world! Life sucks, and then you DIE!... Unless if your life is good, then you die anyway.<

The truth hurts don't it? Ya, that's what I thought to.

So Initially, I got to the last chapter and that was where I was like, "Okay then." I was also laughing because it was all to comical. Least to say, If i were in that situation I would probably be saying things just as silly.

If anyone is in any question to how this story is presented, just think of an anthology. That is what it is. A collection of death stories.

Grammar

Nothing serious with punctuation could be found, and words flowed naturally... at least it felt like it did.

The most heads up I can give people here is something that I would ask the author not to fix, because it is this that gives the story the nice flare... no pun intended. This story is quick paced and flashes you past each scene. That is how life is though, you never see death coming and that bit of mystery is what gives this story flavor.

Hell, I can't even give tips to this...

Rating

OK, so I read all the way through this story and I give it the rating of... drum role please!

Thank you Mr. Kitty

~Enjoyable~

I don't regret reading this story, but I understand why it is on Hiatus. I just can't find myself pressing the Fave button and the only reason why I would return to the story is if the author asked me to look through new chapters. Don't worry somebadauthor, I'm familiar with your other works and know other great stories I can recommend to people.

~Make life an Adventure~
Mr. Flare

Thank you for this review. It does occur to me, now, that it's difficult to extensively review a compendium of very short (all under 2k) one-shots... :twilightsheepish:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2