The American Civil War 71 members · 12 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16
Celestias Paladin
Group Contributor

Ok so this is a bit late since the even in question as already happened... and reminded of it when I was on Tumblr, but who of you went to the Grand Review 150th in DC? I didn't since I wasn't in the area.

lordvad3r95
Group Admin

4381850 I wish I had, but I too wasn't in the area.

lordvad3r95
Group Admin

4381909 That looks awesome! I'll have to arrange a visit some time, since I live in South Carolina now.

Celestias Paladin
Group Contributor

Good luck with that since its over. I wish I could have gone too, my reenacting unit was based off a unit that marched there. Of course I would try to weasel a trip to Brooklyn as well to visit the graves of the old commanders

lordvad3r95
Group Admin

4381925 I meant to DC, since all the cool stuff seems to happen there. Guess we'll just have to live 50 more years for the 200th anniversary, if this event even happens then.

Celestias Paladin
Group Contributor

Can be there for a week and still not visit all of the Smithsonian museums. Visited DC in 2005 in December, the irony being that we didn't get any snow yet Texas got it from the plains to the Gulf...

lordvad3r95
Group Admin

4382030 Personally, I'd love to at least see the Air and Space museum. The SR-71 is one of the coolest aircraft ever built, and I've always wanted to see it in person. Same with the space shuttle.

Celestias Paladin
Group Contributor

Those I believe are at the newer campus outside the city, nearly stopped by it as I was heading home from the 150th of Gettysburg

The Descendant
Group Contributor

I was supposed to go, but my unit couldn't muster enough guys to make it worthwhile.:raritycry:

4382557 as a member of the SUVCW, I should've went, but didn't know about it.

The Descendant
Group Contributor

Oh, hey! I'm a Son, too!:twilightsheepish:

Celestias Paladin
Group Contributor

While there is a SUVCW organization down here, they don't seem to be very active. My dad's a member but I'm not

4384059 cause many people in those groups are getting old. Many of us can't march seven blocks in a parade

Celestias Paladin
Group Contributor

I also live in Texas, do the math. Also unless you lived in the DC area odds are you wouldn't be going even if you're young and healthy. School's still in session in most areas, and a lot of us have jobs

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16