Unsung Heroes: Characters Without Tags 255 members · 1,073 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

I've noticed that ever since season one we've seen a rise of its medical staff joining Nurse Redheart: even though, they have a lesser role than hers, their collective existence is proof that no man, or mare, is an island; as a matter of fact, this establishment has a fair share of males working there as well.

As one can see. here are the named members in question appearing in this picture frame alone: Tenderheart, Sweetheart, Snowheart/Coldheart, Magenta Heart/Castor Oil, Pinkheart, Open Heart/Golden Heart/Heartbeat, Spring Bud/First Aid, and Nurse Fahrenheit/Doctor Hay Fever; of them, over half of the oddly named individuals have been named by reddit users due to our habit of assigning nomenclatures fitting to their appearance despite not being official.

In addition, we can also see there are others who work here, named and unnamed, that didn't appear in this picture; of course, this group, let alone a thread started by a newcomer like myself, exists for one singular purpose: giving the obscure a sense of belonging and acknowledgement, even something so broad and vague yet necessary like practitioners of medicine themselves.

Metool Bard
Group Admin

I think you still misunderstand the purpose of the group. We're not saying everyone deserves a tag because of "no man is an island" philosophy. We're meant to highlight characters who have significant impact on the world's lore but don't have character tags. What's wrong with using the "Other" tag for a bunch of doctor ponies who aren't named?

Please try to hear me out and not misconstrue this as rule-breaking: I do understand the purpose of this group in question, I would like that the hospital staff at large should be allowed a folder in this group; besides, you've made folders (and subfolders) for two or more characters in particular.

Metool Bard
Group Admin

That doesn't answer my question. What's wrong with using the Other tag for a group of ponies who, while important in their own lives, have no significant impact on the events of the show nor have any significant cultural reference?

For starters, the only way to know for sure which character has appeared in what story on this website is by using the advanced search method provided; in fact, sometimes, one could come across a story where an OC's name is shared by a canon character despite predating it: for example, there were fanfics in which Ginger Snap, although used as the tentative name for a filly scout, had been the name of a few OCs even though there's another canon character in the comics by a similar name.

Metool Bard
Group Admin

That is a wholly separate problem that this group isn't trying to fix because it can't fix that problem. This isn't a group for making stories easier to find; this is a group about showcasing characters who have had significant impact on the show but don't have the tags to show for it (Grand Pear, Silver Shill, Chief Thunderhooves, etc.).

I understand then: I was hoping that by bringing this issue to light, they'd be helped, but it seems I was wrong; in any case, you can lock this down if you want.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8