The Gem Hunters 263 members · 195 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Dancewithknives
Group Admin

As with the humbled rejuvenation of the group, we are going to take this time to implement a few new rules as well as introduce our newest reviewers.

Please help welcome our newest reviewers to the group:
The Planyx
Crackers
BluegrassBroke
SPark
Chromegas_Flare
Icebox Froggie

If you do not already know, some of these reviewers are also a part of the Pleasant Commentator and Review Group here of Fimfic. Since our agendas are very similar, they will be incorporating our grading system in with their reviews and commentaries. Otherwise, reviewers are to follow our basic rubric for reviews as well as our new requirements.

The First thing I would like to mention is that we are now adding another folder to the existing ones which will be used to separate the reviewer's and Admin's Fics from the rest of the population. Otherwise, all of admin fics will still be reviewed by JumpingShinyFrogs.

Next, we are changing the standards to the Diamond Ranks. All previous stories have been grandfathered in and will not be affected by this change.

Now, when a reviewer finds a story that they think should be a diamond, instead of grading the story on the spot, they will bring it to my attention and then in turn I will then assign another reviewer to the story so that they will then debate the rank. If they both agree, then the story will earn the diamond, otherwise a compromise must be reached.

Finally, it has come to our attention that several of the fandom's more "famous" and tend-starting stories have been added to our ranks. Acknowledging that reception for these fics is often skewed between "Love it" and "Hate it". JumpingShinyFrogs and I have come to the conclusion that we will simply not review any of these types of fics that are either A) widely known and recognized or B) have other 1000 likes. People have already made up their minds on several of these stories and our opinions on them mean little, so our efforts would be better spent elsewhere.

Thank you for sticking with us, I will be promoting the new admin shortly.

Hi--I'm new to the group, but the last point makes sense. With a name like "Gem Hunters," you'd want to be actually hunting for gems, not presenting an already well-known fic with an additional award.

Typewrittensoul
Group Admin

Yep yep, thanks for that insight on the admin decision on that!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3