The Idea Bronies 37 members · 61 stories
Comments ( 24 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 24

I had this one idea for an alternative universe fic that could use some opinions on.

In Equestria everything is peaceful, until one day an unknown rouge from another world comes in and steals the elements of harmony/twilight's friends and takes them back to their world. For now it becomes unknown, until Celestia discovers that there is a dangerous competition in another world where the elements are the prize. So she assigns Twilight along with Spike to enter the game and win back the elements and rescue her friends. She transports them to the world, and see that it's very different.

They've been turned into anthro's, magic and technology come together, the contestants can have different powers and weapons, and it's one big fight for the prize and survival. They team up with other contestants in order to win, while the rouge leader in charge of the "arena" keeps throwing different obstacles and monsters at them to really challenge them. So it just follows Twilight and Spike entering a deadly game and making alliances in order to win back the elements before anyone else does.

What do you think?

2880650 Why send Twilight and not an army?

2880655 Cuz Celestia finds out she can only send in 1 to 2 contestants as representatives for Canterlot.

2880674 Why participate at all when they stole her most powerful weapon? That's a declaration of war. Only a very stupid person joins a contest to get back something that was stolen from them.

2880967 Because anyone who refuses to participate will automatically be disqualified and their world invaded and conquered by the "rouge leader" whose name i have to come up with. The rouge is a sick twisted character wanting to see others fight to the death for probably the most powerful weapon. And he/she is one of those insane characters that's not afraid to destroy or kill in order to get what they want. It's like one huge sick show for his/her people, proving the lengths they'll go through to win. Sort of

2880991 O. So it's a character that's evil just because he's insane, eh? Man, do you know your cliches?

2881027 Not really insane, more like wanting to see blood; kind of like president snow in a way. And, that's a cliche? Dang it.

2881058 Man, a dude that steals stuff from other nations and makes them enter some sick contest thing just for the lols (notice how dumb it sounds) is not a sane guy. I mean, what happens when everyone gets shit-tired of his bullshit and gangs up on him? That's like, hundreds of countries against one.

Maaaaan, your story won't make much sense unless you fix that hole.

2881076 The rouge leader is like the final boss of a video game. He'll/she'll throw different obstacles at you as well as different stages, and if you defeat the leader then you get the prize. Or the leader will be at a castle where no players can reach them until the very end. Something like that.

I'll figure out the antagonist later, anything else you were confused about?

2881113 Yeah. What's the tech level?

How many nations are involved?

What is Celestia doing to make sure it doesn't happen again?

What is Twilight's backup plan in case she fucks up the contest?

How many people make up the resistance?

aaaaaand, maaaaaan... why is this Rogue guy even bothering with ponies? I mean, important ones. Why not abduct a family and get them to fight the same things if they want to get their, I dunno, mother back? It seems a little silly to use the Elements of Harmony and get yourself an enemy when you can just pick up random ponies and make them do the same stuff.

Also, why does this remind me so much of the Hungry Games? It rings too much like it.

2881163 The tech level won't be too advanced, like there won't be iphones, in fact there won't be any source of communication. But you know, they're will be cars and stuff but no planes or motor boats. Like i said, it's where technology and magic collide. Where someone could use magic spells as defense on one hand the other could use a shotgun on the other.

And not too many nations will be involved, but kingdoms outside of Equestria like the griffon kingdom or Crystal Empire will be involved. Along with different parts of Equestria.

Celestia can't do anything about it because no Alicorns are allowed in the game otherwise they would win way to easy.

There's no real resistance, because it's a game. There can be at least 8 to 10 players in an alliance, too much? Like the one twilight and spike will join will only have three. btw, yes they will be OC's and they will have good character development and open up with the main characters.

And the rouge leader is a pony anthro. so yeah.

And when i came up with this idea, i was not thinking of Hunger Games at all.

Alright-o.

technology and magic collide

So Equestria can technically fight back, then? They can use magic and technology to a stage up to the coal-powered trains. They should be able to put up le fights, I think.

kingdoms outside of Equestria like the griffon kingdom or Crystal Empire will be involved. Along with different parts of Equestria.

That makes sense. Picking on the one planet, right? Makes sense, I guess. Well, it doesn't, but at least the guy's not getting enemies on other fronts.

otherwise they would win way to easy.

Is this Rogue guy stronger than Celestia Luna and Cadance and Twilight combined?

There's no real resistance, because it's a game

Maaaaan, I mean outside the game. No one opposes this stuff?

And the rouge leader is a pony anthro. so yeah

Maaaaan, you'll get some h8ers for that.

The guns and cars exist in the game world. Not Equestria.

And yeah, the rouge is getting players from Equestria planet or whatever it's called, is there a real name for it?

And no, the rouge is not stronger than Celestia, Luna, and Twilight combined. Besides, Twilight may or may not be still a unicorn in this fic

On the invitation, there's a little box that says Accept or Decline. If they check Decline, then the monsters and enemies from the game world would invade. Who ever checks accept will get sucked into the game world. And it will tell if an alicorn signs it.

And how will i get h8t from an anthro pony character. In equestria, the rouge becomes a pony temporarily, but in the game everyone is an anthro.

2881586 Ok. If the Rogue is not stronger than the four princesses, then why don't they all just kick some ass? Why go through the game thing when they are capable of fighting their war?

I mean, what I would do is send a few soldiers to play the damn game, while I find a way to get my army in position to just invade the shit out of that Rogue and send his game to hell. I mean, while my army keeps the Rogue's distracted, Celestia and friends could just blast the Rogue to hell and get the elements back, then jump merrily back to Equestria.

That's your hole, man. You need to plug it.

2881673 Cuz i don't want to make the rouge an overpowered Mary Sue. Wait, is it ok to make your antagonists Mary Sue's, or at least just over powered but not likeable. If that's true, then yeah The Rouge is stronger the the princess's.

Like i said, Only 1 to 2 players may enter to represent their city and/or country.

2881744 I don't mean as players.

If the Rogue can send an army to Equestria, then he has a door, right? Doors open both ways. If Celestia finds a way to open said door, then she can wage a little war.

And no. The Antagonist can't be a Mary Sue. He can be stronger than the protags, but only with good reason.

2881764 The invitation is like a one-way mirror or a trap door. Once you go in, you can't get out. And only the Rouge can see you, but you can't see them. Plus, Only he/she knows how to get there with a certain spell, more like a private passage way that no one knows about.

2881821 Hmmm... Alright then. So the pones can't do sheit, eh? Once again, what will Celestia do about the whole thing once it's over? I mean, if she gets her elements back.

2881833 I'll think of something. But what did you mean by "IF"

2881916 I don't know how your story ends, maaaaaaaan.

2881936 Oh yeah. Well, I'll think of something

2881936 Any ideas for a title. I thought up of "Twilight's New Game" or "Game for the Elements" or "Elements of Harmony's Game Over" Just a few off the top of my head. Any suggestions?

2881998 I'd call it: Elemental Games. Or something. :rainbowwild:

2883448 Alright, I'll think about it

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 24