The Monthly Contest Club 335 members · 51 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
ThatOneWriter
Group Admin

So, it's now 2014 in most time zones. What better way to kick off the new year than a contest about fresh starts?

Here's the prompt: One of the Mane 6 has amnesia! She now goes by a new name and occupation based on her cutie mark. Can her friends snap her out of it and remind her who she is?

That's it. Simple prompts are best. It allows you room to work with the idea. You pick the pony, genre, and ending. There is no length requirement, although it is recommended that the story be at least 3,000 words long.

The deadline is 11:59 p.m. Eastern United States time on January 31st. Submissions will be through Google Documents. Judging will begin February 1st and is planned to be done within a week. At this time, I do not have other admins to help me judge, but I will be asking a few of my friends for help, as well as accepting applications. That will be on a separate stickied thread.

Anyone interested in participating should leave a comment below.

If you have any questions, comments, ideas, or suggestions, feel free to comment below or send me a PM.

MDNGHTRDHTLN
Group Admin

2501538 I'll see what I can do.

2501538 I'm interested. I'm a ssucker for contests :ajsmug:

Well, I've got my idea. Count me in.

Why google docs....my computer doesn't support it :facehoof:

ThatOneWriter
Group Admin

Really? I thought the computer didn't matter, so long as the browser was up to date and everything.

If you're writing on a word processor like Word or OpenOffice Writer, I suppose you can just send me a PM when it's done. I'll give you an email address that you can attach your submission to and then I'll convert it to a GDoc file. That's mostly for judging purposes. I just don't want it submitted through Fimfiction. This setup is mostly as a blueprint for later, when there will hopefully be more contestants and more judges.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6