The Monthly Contest Club 335 members · 51 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
Silver Inkwell
Group Admin

Announcement: The Votes are In!!!

Winner: Redemption and Drama

(Adventure and Comedy were 2 and 3 respectively)

So the theme to write about next month is Redemption (of any character even though villains would be better.)
And while not required you can only have the tags of Drama and Adventure (since Comedy wouldn't fit in well with redemption.)

And you can tag ONE or the OTHER or BOTH instead.

Anyhow, that's all for now, but Contest Submissions start February 1st and end February 28th .
There is no upper limit to how long the stories can be, but we would highly recommend that the story be complete at the time of submission for more accurate and better results. Incomplete, Cancelled, or In-Hiatus stories may not be punished by the other admins, but they will by me.
You have been warned.
Good luck, and may the best person win!!!

OK, I'll see what I can do. I intend to write a few one-shots next month so one of them will fit.

5757088 Actually, hold on a second. Looking at your prior posts, wasn't the poll supposed to end on the 31st and not the 24th?

Silver Inkwell
Group Admin

Yes, but due to inactivity I changed my mind (I do that sometimes, quite a lot in fact).

So yeah, sorry, but to be fair I think that in the future it should close at least three to seven days before the last day of the month so people have time to prepare and write for the contest or suggest prompt ideas.

And while not required you can only have the tags of Drama and Adventure

Okay, we have to use one/both of those two tags. In which case, what does "not required" mean?

(since Comedy wouldn't fit in well with redemption.)

Oh, I don't know. Long Road to Friendship has a Comedy tag, and Sunset's redemption is a central theme in that story.

Silver Inkwell
Group Admin

You have proven me wrong, but still...

5757338 Ah, I'm not trying to be awkward here. I don't have a problem with the rules you've specified. :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7