Fictionsins 9 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

This is kind of a cool idea, although it has the potential to go horribly wrong, as I don't trust people on the internet to maintain a balance of satire and critique. CinemaSins pokes enough fun at itself that you can generally see they aren't being serious, but here, this could easily become just a way for people to rag on stories they don't like. And there's way too much cynicism on this site already.

The key to CinemaSins is their tagline, "No movie is without sin" - implying that even the very best movies can still be a source of humorous flaws. It's the same with stories. Badly written, cliched stories can still be a lot of fun, and we should never criticise something for not being perfect.

Having said that, you seem to be aware of this, so it could be good fun if it's all kept in fun. I suggest starting with some well known stories by popular writers. Sunny Skies All Day Long might be a good one.

ShadowFall
Group Admin

2475938 Very well. But I shall load up a new rule. To prevent abuse to authors, I will ask you to either post your review in a forum before submitting to a story, or message it to me.

Oh, I wouldn't submit it to a story. I feel that CinemaSins videos (they're not reviews) are much more comedy pieces than actual critiques, and should stand on their own. :) That's why I'd be reluctant to use this on amateur works - a comedic exposé of flaws simply isn't that helpful to someone who's trying to improve their writing.

I did actually start writing a Sins list for Sunny Skies All Day Long, and it's pretty fun. But I have a feeling that my idea of what a Sins piece should be differs from yours. :)

ShadowFall
Group Admin

2478572 I see. But I will most likely be gone until The Second of January.

Wait. The founder of the group gone right after he made it?

*ding*

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4