Ponyfinder 101 members · 25 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20

I've been having a hard time trying to create a character for Ponyfinder. I've never played Pathfinder or D&D so I have no experience making one. I have a character sheet and I tried watching tutorials on YouTube but it gets confusing cause they're for just regular Pathfinder characters only and I get more confused when I try to apply what's in the Ponyfinder Campaign Setting that I got.

so far this is the character sheet I was able to make

I don't if I did it right

I was able to find this on Ponyfinder.net Ponyfinder Campaign Ponyfinder Campaign Setting - Hero Lab Setting - Hero Lab Extension would this help me make a character cause I would hate to have a character I've spent this much trouble making be not valid for a game.

Hello there! The hero lab extension definitely cuts out the guess work, but first, a question. What class and race are you?

3810629 The character I'm trying to make is an Earth-bound fighter as something to start out with. I did find this web site http://www.d20pfsrd.com it has helped me a little bit. what I'm having trouble with most is filling out the AC, CMB, CMD and understanding where racial points go?

CMB is your Base Attack Bonus(BAB) + Your strength modifier. Being a level 1 fighter, that gives you +1 BAB, having 16 strength is +3, so your CMB is +4.
CMB stands for Combat Maneuver Bonus. It is what you roll when you want to take control of a grapple, trip someone, disarm them, or do other, usually not damaging but inconvenient, things to people.

CMD is 10 + BAB + Strength bonus + Dex Bonus.

It is your defense versus combat maneuvers. Yours would be 10 + 1 + 3 + 1 = 15.

Your AC is 10 + Dex Bonus + Armor + Shield or 10 + 1 + ... I can't quite make out what you're wearing, but find it's armor bonus and add that in there.

I hope this helps and thanks for playing Ponyfinder!

3811627 Thanks a lot

the current armor I have is scale mail, although I'm not sure if it too high for a level one character, been thinking changing it to chain mail. And the other item is a heavy wooden shield but I've read that's optional.

Just remember an earth pony has to hold a shield in their mouth.

Nothing wrong with the armor though.

A heavy shield is +2

Scale Mail is +5, so your AC is 10 + 1 + 2 + 5 = 18, so an enemy has to roll 18 or better to land a hit on you.

3811752 I might lose the shield to be able to hold a sword so thanks this helps I think that makes my current AC now a 16. I'll be sure to look into other equipment.

Other option, you can use a weapon harness. You wear it and slap the weapon inside and then you're wielding a weapon without using your mouth. Usually used with big two handed weapons so it reaches out. Lances are particularly popular.

Cool would that go under AC items or gear?

It is gear, and note that it can only hold one weapon.

I'm glad to see people enjoying Ponyfinder. If you have any other questions, fire away.

Comment posted by Rebel25 deleted Mar 24th, 2017

3811908 My question for you good sir, is that I am wondering if you could possibly make a step by step video for all to see on how to make a pony finder character for all of those that are struggling to make a character. I myself am struggling to make a Leather-wing/thestral/bat-pony alchemist character. I searched youtube for a good bit to find a video that might already exist that can explain how to make a pony finder character, but my search bared no fruits. If you know of any videos that I might of missed, feel free to post a link to it here. So far what i have on my character sheet are the numbers I rolled: 18, 14, 8, 10, 15, 13. The bonuses of +2 Con, +2 Wis, and -2 Cha with the reduced based speed to 30 ft. Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated. I hope to hear from you soon if you're not too busy.

5870095 Thank you for that, now for a different question on Hero Lab, I can't seem to find the race Leatherwing for some reason, perhaps i need an update or something is missing that I need to grab and or fix, any advice?

5873270 First they are a pony, then you add the trait on the same tab to make them a leatherwing.

5873407 Thank you, very much for the help.

5878401 Glad to be of service.

I might put up my character sheet here, if you see anything wrong or missing from it, do not be scared to point it out so I can correct it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20