Scooby-Doo 103 members · 8 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
A Man Undercover
Group Admin

Aloha, Kemosabes.

This is your friendly film, TV show, and episode reporter here with another review.

Today, for my 11th analysis on an installment of Scooby-Doo, I'm gonna give you guys my take of "Scooby-Doo! Mecha Mutt Menace".

Here's the rundown of it:

At a science expo in Houston, Texas, Fred has entered a new monster trap into the contest, which takes place in a NASA facility.

However, the latest invention of NASA scientist Dr. Ned Staples, a gigantic robotic dog named Mecha Mutt, goes haywire and causes mayhem at the base. Realizing that this is a crisis that shouldn't go unchecked, Fred, Scooby-Doo, Shaggy, Daphne, and Velma, along with their new friend Melanie Staples, must find Mecha Mutt and figure out what caused him to go on a rampage.

Will they solve the mystery? Or will Mecha Mutt escape and wreak havoc everywhere he goes?

I decided to review this Scooby-Doo special next after discovering the full episode of it on YouTube. I was going to save it for a much later time and place, but I figured to myself "Ah, what the heck. It wouldn't hurt to do it now."

In all honesty, this Scooby-Doo installment was another that I had an absolute blast watching.

For instance, the story by Rick Copp, and the direction by Michael Goguen, were extremely well-done. The writing was a definite improvement over "Spooky Games", because unlike the latter, Copp and Goguen were able to make sure it wasn't obvious who the person controlling Mecha Mutt turned out to be. Their ability to make everything as unpredictable as possible was excellent, and the humor they incorporated was sharp and brilliantly executed.

The animation of this special was amazing, if I may add. Admittedly, it was easy to tell that the robotic dogs were computer-animated, but they were still impressive to look at for ones done on such a small budget. The hand-drawn animation was likewise fantastic, and there was a resonance that made it seem so cinematic.

Finally, the performances of the cast, characters, and character development were deeply spot-on. Among the performances, Grey DeLisle's portrayal of Daphne was the one that I found to be the most emotionally-invested, especially whenever Daphne was jealous towards Melanie whenever she and Fred interacted. The guest stars were undeniably perfect for their parts, because they fit their characters like a glove and portrayed them so well.

In the end, "Scooby-Doo! Mecha Mutt Menace" is an enjoyably entertaining Scooby-Doo special that pretty much plays its cards right, and it has great action sequences on the side.

So, I rate "Scooby-Doo! Mecha Mutt Menace" five out of five stars.

Freds plans NEVER always go to 'plan' but thats what we love about him.
Haven't seen this movie, but i love scooby doo!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2