MLP: Hard Analysis & Criticism 257 members · 72 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Over the years since “Equestria Girls” was cancelled and left open-ended, many theories developed in my head regarding why that happened. Especially despite the spin-off not getting a proper conclusion.

Among the theories I have is this one:

It’s possible that a contributing factor behind the series’s cancellation was the spin-off’s lack of compelling, unique, or interesting antagonists

I mean, think about it. With the exception of the Dazzlings and Principal Cinch, most of the spin-off’s villains are often individuals who somehow acquire stray Equestrian magic, misusing it for their own selfish reasons until they are reformed in the end. The Dazzlings were the exception to this not just because of their lack of redemption, but because they were corrupt to where they believed friendship was worthless and that power & control were everything. Beliefs that aren’t different from that of Lord Tirek and Queen Chrysalis, if I may add.

With all this being said…

If anyone were to create an all-new villain for the Equestria Girls to face off against, how would you make that villain a complete change of pace from the antagonists that succeeded the Dazzlings and Cinch? What would the villain look like? And what would that villain’s beliefs and motivations be?

7836897 I'd make something like a teenage version of Jack Homer, which instantly renders redemption as impossible and leaves us with more fun of the villain loving being evil.

You mean “Jack Horner”, right?

justanothername
Group Admin

If I recall, a lot of people complained about how the villains reasons for becoming corrupted became pettier and pettier and they'd always be immediately forgiven, no matter what. Even someone who worked on it agreed with them but the best they could do was stop having villains altogether.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5