MoWverse 353 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
tallestbrony
Group Admin

Clover the Clever’s Alchemical Guide

Equestrian 1st Edition

Notes from the author;
For the glory of Roam I have set out unto the world to record all my studies! In this tome I shall recount my alchemical findings as well as some notes of their uses. 

I have learned from some of the nearby locals the uses of Alchemy and its application. To make potions great and small, a few things are required. 

1. Three non-repeating ingredients with somewhat similar aspects. Though, at greater skill, this can be ignored.
  2. A proper workstation for mixing and brewing.
  3. And finally, water. 

I have also found that certain components are much more powerful than others. I have noted these levels in power by marking them from Level 0 - Level 3. Adding three ingredients with the same level will make a much more potent potion. Though adding lower level ingredients will lessen this effect, causing you to use the lowest level ingredients level. 

Three L3 ingredients will give a +3 to Alchemy extended tests. Two L3 ingredients with a single L2 will drop the bonus to +2. Using a L3 + L2 +L1 will give a +1. 

The lands of Equestria are bountiful and ripe for the taking. Though this encompasses my first expedition into the land of the Equines, I am left believing there is much more to discover. Should I find more, look forward to my second edition. Invictus Roam!

Equestrian Bounty

Gladiolus (L0): A sword-like multi colored flower that regrows yearly. Gives aspects of Strength and/or Agility. 

Meadow Golems (L3): Large creatures that seem to be living vegetation. Are extremely docile and near impossible to kill. Life stem gives extreme aspects of regrowth, health, or regeneration.

Mallet Crab Claw (L1): A large tan crab that resides on the western cliffs. Its claws give aspects of Strength while its armor gives aspects of resistance. Allegedly delicious as well, for those who would partake. 

Fire Lilies (L0): A common red flower found in plains and meadows. Gives aspects of Fire.

Four Leaf Clover (L2): Somewhat rare plant that grows in grasslands. Gives aspects of luck. Do not use three leaf clovers though, those are useless. Personal favorite.

Pegasi feathers (L1): A strange ingredient with strong magical properties. Can give aspects of flight, weightlessness, aspects of speed, or even certain elemental attributes. Makes me question the other races and their uses. Further research is required. (Continued in Second Edition)

Frost Berries (L0): Bright blue berries found in tundras and mountaintops. Give aspects of Frost.

Prairie Falcon (L1): Small birds of prey that stick to the prairies and meadows. Eyes give aspects of Sight, while talons give aspects of Piercing. 

Animal Venom (L2): A venom found in many creatures. When added to concoctions it will bring out aspects of poor health and death. Certain venoms may paralyze, take sight, induce fear, cause illness, among other poor traits. Usually hard to remove though.

Wolf Frog (L2): A pack hunting amphibian that has a tendency for the forest. Tongues give aspects of adhesion while their eyes give aspects of perception. Fair warning, the one you see first is usually a trap.

Deer Antler (L3): A strange, isolated creature, similar to that of a pony. Very elusive and fierce, these creatures will not go down without a fight. Typically found in the forests of the west, their antlers give aspects of magic, an odd finding. Something tells me there is more to the deer kind than meets the eye. Further research is required. (Continued in Second Edition)

Borage Flower (L0): A royal purple flower that regrows yearly. Its pedals give aspects of Courage or Body.

Dragon Scale (L3): Extreme caution is advised. Dragons are extremely ill tempered towards most other creatures. If you find a den, wait until they leave before you search it. Scales give aspects of resistance or fortitude. Further research is required. (Continued in Second Edition)

Shock Moss (L0): A strange moss that grows in caves. It grows tendrils that glow and spark between other shock moss’s. Gives aspects of Electricity. 

Diamond Dog Claw (L2): Caution is advised when dealing with these creatures. Slightly intelligent and usually in packs, these underground dwelling creatures have a tendency to enslave anyone they can capture. I have found they fear fire or loud noises, as they have sensitive ears and eyes. Their claws give aspects of power. Can be found everywhere.

Lavender (L0): A wonderful flower that grows commonly throughout the lands. Gives aspects of soothing.

Dire Wasp (L1): Large predator insects. Caution is advised. Wings give aspects of flight; mandibles give aspects of power. Do not engage alone. Tend to live in hives.

Bealoth (L2): Powerful beast of the Everfree and mountains. Be prepared for a battle! Claws give aspects of power while its teeth give aspects of piercing. Creature is blind but can sense through the ground, so be advised. 

Poison Joke (L1): A strange blue flower that grows in the eastern forest. Mixing it into a potion seems to have strange effects based on intent. How it knows that, I am unsure. Further research is required.

Manticores (L2): A beast of the forest, these creatures contain many powerful ingredients. Use caution when acquiring. The claws may add power, while the venom may bring illness. Further research is required. (Continued in Second Edition)

Cockatrice (L3): A small creature with terrible powers. Use extreme caution when approaching. The eyes have aspects for extreme paralysis while I found the scales may aid your ability to hide.

Parasprites (L1): A strange creature that I have a strange familiarity with. An ambitious creature that may cause extreme disaster. But, when ground up, offer extreme regenerative properties. Must consult Roam when possible.

Aloe (L0): A common plant in the south, offers aspects for health. Also aids with burns.

Essence of Rainbow (L3): A strange liquid found in the Pegasus ‘lands’. I’ve found that this is a good alternative to water. Use with caution though, emotional intent may have a massive effect. May also be used as an ingredient with aspects to Light.

Essence of Cloud (L0): Common in all lands (I think). Offer aspects of lessened weight. Thunder clouds offer aspects of electricity.

Wyverns (L1): Lesser dragons that tend to live in the western mountains. Powerful beast that will prey upon our kind. Extreme caution is advised. Scales offer aspects of protection while their claws offer aspects of power.

Cobblestone Snail (L0): A common snail that has a very resilient shell. Gives aspects of resistance. 

Burrow Spiders (L2): Common arachnid. Burrows trap dens and waits for prey to pass by. Caution is advised. Fangs contain paralytic toxins while the legs offer aspects of speed.

Red Bellied Snakes (L1): Massive serpent that preys in the western forests. Venom offers aspects of slowing while the tailbone offers aspects of resilience. Don’t not approach alone. Creature is sapient, though malicious.

Common Rat (L0): Rats can be found in every city and village. And even though they are a nuisance, their teeth do offer aspects of Piercing. 

Drakes (L1): Large creatures with terrifying strength. Also known as lesser dragons, I fear to know what they are, approach with extreme caution. The scales offer protection against various elements, the heart offers increased strength, and the wings offer aspects of flight. 

Timber Wolves (L2): Terrifying beast made of wood. Hunts in packs. The hearts of these beasts offer regenerative powers. Future research is required. (Continued in Second Edition)

Maiden Tree (L0):A beautiful tree that drops its leaves yearly. Its bark gives aspects of health.

Ice Wolves (L1): Similar in form to Timber Wolves, prey will attempt to freeze you. Breath of Ice Wolves offer ice damage; hearts offer resistance against the cold. Further research is required. (Continued in Second Edition)

Hydras (L3): Massive beasts that may prove difficult to defeat. Approach with extreme caution. The hearts offer massive regeneration aspects, though I feel as if there is more to these creatures. Further research is required. (Continued in Second Edition)

Wormwood (L0): Large trees that crawl over themselves. The bark has tremendous aspects of health. Often carry pesky critters. Light caution is advised. Also, if in bloom, collect pollen. Often give aspects for fertility.

After thoughts:

The Equine knack for adaptation to these wild lands is simply astounding! Though learning the dialect and text is troublesome, I have been fortunate to have met well learned travelers to guide me. They are an odd bunch, but after everything we've been through I am left to ponder if the Eximius part of me would befriend those surrounding the Clover the Clever part of me. Sadly, every day Roam grows I feel the choice has been made already. Maybe after everything, we all just need a break. Perhaps travel to these United Griffin Colonies would be a good distraction.
-Clover the Clever

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1