MoWverse 353 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
tallestbrony
Group Admin

Clover the Clever's Alchemist Guide

First Edition

The world is filled with wonderful and powerful entities. I’ve set out into the world to catalog and test the boundaries of these various tonics and elixirs. This is in accordance with the New Roaman Order. My first edition is my exploits in the lands of the three tribes, the Frozen North, the mountains of the west, the southern deserts, and the tropical jungles of the far south.

Water: Water is the basis for most alchemic mixtures. It’s the base component for the other ingredients to mix and cultivate. I have heard rumors of other base mixtures, and I will continue my search for these.

Poison Joke: A strange blue flower that grows in the eastern forest. Mixing it into a potion seems to have strange effects based on intent. How it knows that, I am unsure. Further research is required.

Pegasus Feather: Common in certain tribes. The feathers contain athletic aspects or decreased weight, depending on the intent of the potion. Faster pegasi are preferred.

Animal Venom: A poison found in many creatures, when added to concoctions it will bring out aspects of poor health and death. Certain venoms may paralyze, loss of sight, induced fear, illness, among other poor traits.

Manticores: A beast of the forest, these creatures contain many powerful ingredients. Use cause when acquiring. The claws may add power, while the venom may bring illness. Further research is required. (Continued in Second Edition)

Cockatrice: A small creature with terrible powers. Use extreme caution when approaching. The eyes have aspects for extreme paralysis while I found the scales may aid your ability to hide.

Sea Serpents: Large aquatic beast that may be persuaded into giving ingredients. The Scales will aid in your defensive abilities while the gills could give you the ability to breath underwater. Further research is acquired though. (Continued in Second Edition)

Paraspites: A strange creature that I have a strange familiarity with. An ambitious creature that may cause extreme disaster. But, when ground up, offer extreme regenerative properties. Must consult Roam when possible for possible threat.

Aloe: A common plant in the south, offers aspects for health. Also aids with burns.

Essence of Rainbow: A strange liquid found in the Pegasus lands. I’ve found that this is a good alternative to water. Use with caution though, emotional intent may be a massive effect. May also be used as an ingredient.

Essence of Cloud: Common in all lands (I think). Offer aspects of lessened weight. Thunder clouds offer aspects of electricity.

Wyverns: Lesser dragons that tend to live in the western mountains. Powerful beast that will prey upon our kind. Extreme caution is advised. Scales offer aspects of protection while their claws offer aspects of power.

Burrow Spiders: Common arachnid. Burrows trap dens and waits for prey to pass by. Caution is advised. Fangs contain paralytic toxins while the legs offer aspect of speed.

Goliath Tree Hopper: Large toad that preys in the central forests. Caution is advised. Tongue offers aspects of adhesion while legs offer aspects of speed or agility. Do not face alone.

Red Bellied Snakes: Massive serpent that preys in the western forests. Venom offers aspects of slowing while the tail bone offers aspects of resilience. Don’t not approach alone. Creature is sapient, though malicious.

Hydras: Massive beasts that may prove difficult in defeating. Approach with extreme caution. The hearts offer massive regeneration aspects, though I feel as if there is more to these creatures. Further research is required. (Continued in Second Edition)

Drakes: Large creatures with terrifying strength. Also known as lesser dragons, I fear to know what they are, approach with extreme caution. The scales offer protection against the elements, the heart offers increased strength, and the wings offer aspects of flight. Further researcher will be made. (Continued in Second Edition)

Timber Wolves: Terrifying beast made of wood. Hunts in packs. The hearts of these beasts offer regenerative powers. Future research is required. (Continued in Second Edition)

Ice Wolves: Similar in form to Timber Wolves, prey will attempt to freeze you. Breath of Ice Wolves offer ice damage; hearts offer resistance against the cold. Further research is required. (Continued in Second Edition)

Wormwood: Large trees that crawl over itself. The bark has tremendous aspects of health. Often carry pesky critters. Light caution is advised. Also, if in bloom, collect pollen. Often give aspect for fertility.

Meadow Golems: Large creature that seem to be living vegetation. Are extremely docile and near impossible to kill. Life stem gives extreme aspects of regrowth, health, or regeneration.

Four Leaf Clover: Somewhat rare plant that grows in grasslands. Gives aspects of luck. Do not use three leaf clover though, those are useless. Personal favorite.

Pegasi feathers: A strange ingredient with strong magical properties. Can give aspects of flight, weightlessness, aspects of speed, or even certain elemental attributes. Makes me question the other races and their uses. Further research is required. (Continued in Second Edition)

Deer Antler: A strange, isolated creature, similar to that of a pony. Very elusive and fierce, these creatures will not go down without a fight. Typically found in the forests of the west, their antlers give aspects of magic, an odd finding. Something tells me there is more to the deer kind than meets the eye. Further research is required. (Continued in Second Edition)

Dragon Scale: Extreme caution is advised. Dragons are extremely ill tempered towards most other creatures. If you find a den, wait until they leave before you search it. Scales give aspects of resistance or fortitude. Further research is required. (Continued in Second Edition)

Diamond Dog Claw: Caution is advised when dealing with these creatures. Slightly intelligent and usually in packs, these ground dwelling creatures have a tendency to enslave anyone they can capture. I have found they fear fire or loud noises, as they have sensitive ears and eyes. Their claws give aspects of power. Can be found everywhere.

Yeti: Large snow beast that are extremely territorial. Caution is advised. Their tallow offers resistances against the cold. Fear fire.

Fruit Bats: Small flying mammals that devour fruit. Farmers beware. Give aspects of sound. Can be found in central and southern regions.

Dire Wasp: Large predator insects. Caution is advised. Wings give aspects of flight; mandibles give aspects of power. Do not engage alone. Tend to live in hives.

Caribou: Large creatures that reside in the Frozen North. Near extinct. Sentient. Antlers give aspects of strength; tallow gives aspects of cold resistance. Use as last resort, species is near extinct.

Venus Pit Trap: Large plant found in the jungles of the south. Use caution when approaching. Saliva is highly poisonous and will paralyze on contact.

In the conclusion of my first expedition of the Three Tribes I have found that there is much to learn of the world. Further expeditions will be conducted after my return from the Griffin Kingdoms with Starswirl. I fear that there will not be enough time to properly conduct searches in all lands, and have made attempts to communicate with many indigenous peoples. This has led to several new friendships that will hopefully expand my research. The new gods seem pleased by this and have offer to aid my search, though I don’t know what this means. I will follow the advice of my late friend and heed their words.

All glory to the New Roaman Order. Long live King Iron Hoof.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1