MoWverse 353 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
tallestbrony
Group Admin

This forum is for an in depth look into the social and historical background of The Soviet Bear Union: 4130 for Man of War. Though every topic may not be looked into completely at this moment, additions will be added as time goes on. If you have any questions, or wish to have something brought up, feel free to post a question.

Motherland

The Soviet Bear Union (S.B.U.) is located in what was once Russia. Though a portion has fallen to The Pit, the massive expanse is still the largest unified country in the world. This would prove to be a vital role in the foundation of it's inhabitants.

The S.B.U. neighbors three nations. The Orc Tribes to the south, the Ape Empire to the south east and south west, and the Griffin Colonies to the west. Since all three nations are heavily militarized, the S.B.U. has also adopted this mind set. Wars have plagued the S.B.U. for countless centuries. Back before the Union, orcs often hunted bears while griffins assaulted with the utmost aggression for land. A few minor skirmishes were help between the bears and the apes, but nothing large enough to be considered a war. Once they started unifying though, lines started to form and then be pushed to the borders that lie today.

Battle has forge its way into every bears mindset, either from the battlefield or from simply trying to survive. The S.B.U. is a nation of conquerors, having pushed the griffins back into the mountains and the orcs back into the Pit. Because of this, national pride is at an all time high.

Duty, Freedom, and a bottle of Vodak

The ideals of the S.B.U. are that all are equal. You will never rise above those around you, nor will you be any lower. Those that are in governing positions are seen as public servants, those willing to step up to additional responsibility. There is a one party system of centralism, open discussion and unified action. A topic is discussed, voted on, and when a majority is reached it is expected that all will follow through with upholding that principle. Discussions like this happen from local cities and towns, all the way to the federal level. Though, at the higher levels the meetings are spaced out through the years.

The S.B.U. has enforced a state ideology of atheism. As a group that believe that all are equal, it's hard to grasp the concept of a single -or multiple- being held higher than all. To bow down to the will of another willing is foreign to the S.B.U. There are those that travel outside the Motherland that take influences with them, but as a whole the nation disregards the notion of gods and such. The closest know following would be that of the Pandas of the south east. Outsiders would refer to them as monks, though they would never admit such a thing. They simply wish their lives in peace brewing Vodak (a special brew that has... interesting effects).

Till the Tap Runs Out

The bears of the S.B.U. are a warm hospitable people, despite their cold homeland. Many don't wish for war or violence, but they will rise when the need arises. Many times when arguments are settled one of three way: Words, claws, and booze. If they can't talk it out, sometimes they fight. More often than not though, they settle things at the local tavern. Because of this, bears are often open to letting others in their close nit society... so long as they can hold their liquor that is.

Many outsiders find their sense of equality disturbing. So long as you're willing to give others the common courtesy, it is immediately returned. Those that give up or are unwilling to improve ones self are looked down upon in society. Slaves, depressed individuals, the weak, all frowned upon. In their eyes, they have the tools to lead perfectly normal lives. If someone is going to try and take that from them, it's their responsibility to better themselves. Not to say that others won't be willing to help, it's simply that they will wait for the individual to come to this realization first.

Basic Facts

Population: Under fifteen million

Female to Male ratio: 2/1

Average height (shoulder height on all four): 3'

Largest city: Mosgrowl

Largest Export: Timber

Largest Import: Iron

Ayn Rand would be furious with you over this...

But I can vividly picture bears drinking vodka. Ah... Vodka

They sound a lot like Teradisia

tallestbrony
Group Admin

3788296 Care to point out where so I can draw the line between the two?

Brony on!

I was going to say that they have similar governments, in the way that Terradisia and The Bears have town meetings and even nation wide meetings to decide things. But in the coming shit hits the fan scenario I think that this might ender the Terradisans to the Bears because they have similar Ideas about government so never mind don't change that.

Just as a General inquiry, been stalking you and Mow since the start and i wholehearted love the piece of literature, right now on my 4th read through, now onto my question;

Can you please describe the technological and military capabilites of the SBU,

Thanks in advanced. Keep up the good work.

Tim Millar,

Their language, you skipped their language. We can all presume, but I like facts.
Reading over what I wrote I sound like an ass, but don't care.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7