DaringDash 209 members · 34 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21

Okay, so this group is slowly dying again. I can't just sit here and let that happen, so guess what? It's discussion time!

Okay, so here's the discussion question: why did you start shipping DaringDash? As in, what qualities about Rainbow and Daring made you want to see them in a romantic (or platonic) relationship?

I personally love the ship because I can picture Rainbow being all fan-girly at first, and then she'd try and act cool and fail at it. That, and they're both athletic ponies, so they could go on adventures together and whatnot. Also, because Rainbow is a fan of Daring, I don't think they'd be competitive like Applejack and Rainbow are (no offense to AppleDash fans, I like that ship too).

What do you all think? :unsuresweetie:

I think of Daring Dash the same way I think of SpitDash or SoarinDash, their Rainbow's idols and it makes it really easy to ship, not to mention the whole ship itself is awesome. However what is unique about Daring Dash is that both are really much the same in personality and style, it means you can open up a whole new world of shipping ponies based on that. As a final reason, both are amazing characters that many people like, so it just makes it great that the new season has let us really have a headcannon for it. Just be nicer if more fics were written on it~Alex

2534489 i agree with you on the fic thing, its a shame theres so little of DaringDash fics.

I like DaringDash because it allows for adventure and action packed stories! In my opinion, the romance can be an optional addition, as long as theres Dash, Daring and an awesome adventure, then i will love it.

2534489 I feel the same way. IMO, SoarinDash and SpitDash are beginning to become somewhat overdone (I still like the ships, though). The fics almost always have the same plot, and it's never really expanded upon. As for DaringDash, I'm just waiting for one really talented writer to write a mind-bogglingly amazing story about the two. Then things will explode in this group. :twilightsmile:

2534529 The action is what makes it so awesome. Most romance stories (and I'm guilty of this) are only romance and nothing else. They are only written for the sake of seeing two characters in a relationship, but with these two, you can throw them into a ridiculous adventure and make things so much more enjoyable.

2534651 You could definitely draw a pretty amazing comedy out of the pairing. The way Daring kept shutting out Dash could provide a lot of comedic tension between the two.

FierceRainbow
Group Admin

Well, with this ship, the first thing that pops out is their similarities, of course. They are both athletic pegasus (I would assume Daring is pretty fast, if she wants to escape from collapsing temples and the like) with a passion for adventure, brave and determined. But, although you may not see it at first, they do have differences. Rainbow Dash tends to be a lot more immature, as we have seen numerous times in the show. She likes to play pranks, enjoys a good laugh, going crazy over drinking a bit of cider, and, a key feature of her personality, she likes to boast. A lot. Daring Do, on the other hoof, in more serious. One of my favorite stories featuring her ('What Would Daring Do', if you're wondering) called her an 'egghead archaeologist'. I agree with this very much. She analyzes things, cautiously thinks about what she does before she leaps into action. The ship has great potential as an epic adventure tale, filled with comedic moments due to their conflicting traits, though at the end of the day coming through together. They can learn for each other as well, Rainbow starting to slow down and think before she does things, and Daring lightening up and throwing cautious to the wind, in favor of having fun with her ponylicious 'friend'.

Or, blue pony and yellow pony have cute snuggles together. :heart:

2534783 I couldn't agree more with the learning from each other part. That's what relationships are about, right? You always hear of someone breaking up with their partner because 'they wanted me to change'. The point of a relationship is to grow and become a better person (or pony), not to just sit there and 'be in a relationship'. If you do that, then things become stagnant and the relationship will fail.

The fact that they can learn from each other makes this ship so much more lovable.

FierceRainbow
Group Admin

Exactly! :pinkiehappy: I'm so tempted to go and write a long DaringDash adventure fic, but I think there should be some more of those soon. *hint hint*:trollestia:

2535027 Am I sensing a competition coming on? :unsuresweetie:

FierceRainbow
Group Admin

I'm not subtle enough, am I? :rainbowlaugh:

2535069 Or maybe I'm just a super awesome sleuth. :moustache: Or not. Yeah, probably not. If you need anyone to help out with the planning or whatnot, don't hesitate to ask me. :duck:

FierceRainbow
Group Admin

Ah, but then how would I force you to participate? :moustache:

2535128 I could probably help out with the rules and regulations and all that good junk. But believe me, I plan on participating. And sorry in advance for you having to read my story. :twilightsheepish:

FierceRainbow
Group Admin

Sorry? More DaringDash is always a good thing! And don't worry, I won't bore you with that stuff. :derpytongue2:

Because of :

Also I love pegasis shipping. :rainbowkiss:
I also love shipping where the two ponies have an excellent chemistry.
And I also love ships where Rainbow is canonically soft to another pony, and that final hug showed that Rainbow isn't just a fan who admires Daring Do.
(Plus they are both so cool-looking tehehe:pinkiehappy:)

FierceRainbow
Group Admin

That hug is so adorable :heart:

2535489 That is literally the most adorable gif that I've ever seen.

YES THAT. that was the defining moment when DaringDash was born.hahaha:rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss:

daring x dash
Group Admin

Daringdash. Is best ship duh

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21