DaringDash 209 members · 34 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
FierceRainbow
Group Admin

Every great ship should have this game, so I've stolen it from the AppleDash group for this group in the hopes that it'll spark some more activity.
What is DaringDash Prompt Tag? It's a game, and here's how you play it:
Someone'll start off by posting a 100-500 word mini-fic about Daring and Dash. At the end will be a one word prompt. If you would like to write a 100-500 word DaringDash mini-fic relating to that prompt within the next four hours, comment right away to claim that prompt. Post the story when you finish, and add a one word prompt at the end for the next people to claim.
Simple enough?
Just to make sure everything is clear:
* The mini-fic can be in any style, any tag, AU, humanized, whatever. It can be a cute scene, a snippet of conversation, or an excerpt from an Equestrian history book. It's not expected to be preread or proofread, and if you've never written before that's just fine. Just try to keep it rated teen or lower and make sure it's 100-500 words of fiction about Daring and Dash and it relates somehow to the prompt you claimed.
* Claim prompts with a quick post responding to the last post. Just the word "claimed" is fine. When you finish, make a post with the mini-fic and the next prompt.
* Your claim is valid for four hours, to keep someone from accidentally holding things up all day. After four hours, another person could post a claim for the same prompt. If you ran out of time, and no one else has claimed it, and you still want to write it, just go ahead and reclaim it.
* In the event that people become confused, and two fics are posted for the same prompt, the first one posted contains the official next prompt.
* Please include a one word prompt at the end of your fic. There are lots of words, and they can mean lots of things, and it's up to the next writer what they want to do with it.
Here's a prompt to get things started: Night

I'll claim this one.
We gonna post this like a collab if we can get enough folk to do it?

Yeah, that would be cool, but I'm afraid we first need more members :unsuresweetie:
I'm still waiting for dat DaringDash explosion (a hit-fiction/art or something else) that will do the trick :trixieshiftleft:

I agree, but no reason not to participate anyway. Promotion as well will bring wonders for a group, we can't simply sit around and wait with our thumbs up our asses in the hope that something will get featured. :rainbowdetermined2:

Well, here you go!

Daring ran under the watchful light of the moon. She had to be quick, her time was running out. She saw the light flash on in her cabin as she approached and felt a panic dart through her heart. The pegasus dived behind a tree to avoid being seen. Sticking her head out of the edge of the trunk, she could definitely see a silhouette peering out of her window.

“Come on!” She hissed under her breath. The shadow looked away for a moment and she took her chance, running closer to the house. She saw the turn of the head approach once again however and cursed her luck as she was forced behind a tree once again.

Daring took a moment to check on the package under her hat. Two small golden keys, and by Celestia were they difficult to get ahold of. It would be worth it though, if she could only get back into her cabin. She took another peek and saw that the head had disappeared from the window. NOW! After tucking her prize under her hat once again, he flung herself forward and flew through the open window.

Daring looked all around the cabin for the shadow’s owner. “Gotcha!” a voice called out as she felt somepony tackle into her, causing them to both tumble across the ground and wrestle for control of the situation. Daring proved to be the more cunning grappler and forced herself on top of her assailant, pinning their hooves to the wooden floor. “Augh! Geez, okay! You win Daring!”

“Damn right I do,” came Do’s reply. She chuckled and bent her head down, rubbing her nose against Rainbow’s. “You’re getting better though. I may take you along with me soon enough.”

Rainbow Dash smiled from underneath Daring Do. “Don’t be forgetting that I helped you once already.” She was let up and returned to her hooves. “Where had you gotten to? It’s nearly midnight.”

Daring looked back up at her clock. “And now it is midnight,” she smiled. She pulled her latest trophies and held them out for Rainbow. “Happy birthday, Dashie.”

Rainbow let out a joyous squeal. “You got Wonderbolt tickets for today’s show? They sold out almost as soon as they went on sale! Nopony could have gotten them!”

“Not even Daring Do?” Daring smirked. “Well lucky for you, Yearling gets her tickets in advance.”

Dash wrapped her forehooves around Do in a happy embrace. “You’re so awesome!”

Daring smiled warmly as she pushed Dash back. “Well duh. But obviously you must be too or I wouldn’t have bothered.” She smiled and leaned in to give Rainbow Dash a quick kiss that was happily returned. “Now, how do you plan to repay me?”

Dash’s face gave way to a look of crude pleasure. “The night is still young, is it not?”

As for a prompt, why not go with the term that started her off?
Next Prompt: Derring-do

FierceRainbow
Group Admin

Yeah, I'll probably post it, maybe I'll get some awesome art for it. :rainbowwild:

FierceRainbow
Group Admin

I think I'll have to claim this, since no one else is. :ajbemused:

Aye. Need a way to rake in more folk.

FierceRainbow
Group Admin

I think I'll go shamelessly advertise after I'm done. :twilightsmile:

FierceRainbow
Group Admin

Derring-do

From reading the Daring Do books, all ponies would know that she was an adventurous mare of action and danger, not of fancy balls and dresses, so they wouldn't invite her to such a place. What they didn't know, however, was that AK yearling despised those things just as much, so it was her luck to end up dressed in an elegant gown and large, floppy white hat. At least she still got the glasses.

"Ugh, I'm so bored," Rainbow Dash moaned next to her. "When is this stupid thing over?"

Daring Do glanced at the clock. "We have another four hours yet."

"I'm going to die!" She cried dramatically, throwing herself onto the floor and drawing many stares, which made Daring uncomfortable.

"Stop it, I'll get us out of here, okay," Daring Do whispered once the attention had subsides, finishing with a suggestive wink. "Then we'll get some 'alone time'."

That made her scramble to her hooves. "But how?"

"We're going to sneak out of here, past all the guards and fancy boobytraps. It will be tough, daring, but very heroic. At least, heroic in the way that we're saving ourselves. You up to it?" She held out her hoof.

Rainbow Dash eyes shone. "Of course!"

And so, the two mares crept past the snooty ponies, always on the look-out for escapees, dodged falling drinks and platters of food, wriggled out a small window and flew off.

"Woohoo!" Dash yelled, looping round and round. "We did it! Woohoo!"

Daring Do rolled her eyes, but after a moment's pause joined her in celebrating. However, after completing a few good loops, she hit some block and began to struggled, only to realize it was just Rainbow Dash who had caught her.

"So... how about that 'alone time' you mentioned?"

Daring smirked, twisting round in her grip to claim those lips. "We're alone now."

Next prompt: Jungle

I probably didn't do the prompt justice, but oh well. :twilightsheepish:

Comment posted by FierceRainbow deleted Dec 19th, 2013
Comment posted by FierceRainbow deleted Dec 22nd, 2013
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9