Starbound Ponies 83 members · 10 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

I like the Avians, for a couple of reasons.

The first is they look cool and the random name generator comes up with awesome-sounding Avian names (my personal favorite is "Chtepil").

The second is that I like their history a lot. I like the Mayan influences they have behind them, and their whole native-style culture and arts. In addition, with a game as futuristic and sci-fi as StarBound, which is basically the love-child of Terraria and No Man's Sky, it's really interesting to have a religious conflict going on (Stargazers and Grounded). So the Avians are just really unique as a whole.

The third reason is that I'm just a shameless furry.

So what's your favorite race, and why?

PONIES BECAUSE I HELPED MOD THAT SHIT IN!

Vanilla: Avians, for your third reason. And because...
- Humans are boring.
- Glitch are too strange.
- Floran are too... savage.
- Hylotl... I don't really like the look.
- Apex are too human.

Modded: Harder to say. I'm going to have to go with Familiars Felins or Trinks (Elthian races) though.

For vanilla... it has to be Hylotl. I like their artistic styles and Japanese-like culture.

For modded though... Definitely the Avali. Simply because fluffy space raptors.

-Humans are boring.

I agree thoroughly.

5491592 I would have to say the novakid because if you really think about it, the way technology advances would probably be they our technology would advance for at least the first few centenaries when humanity starts colonizing other planets.

novakids cause they're magical gas bags that operate space trains

I dunno, I officially explored the backstory of the pony modpack of Starbound if anyone has read that. Ponies are my favorite modded race personally because I helped make sprites for the mod and wrote up the backstory for them.

Vanilla I'd say humans because I already had a human OC who is a paramilitary company guy who's also a very religious dude.

Excluding ponies, modded I'd say Avali. More for floof and concept really since I enjoyed Tau Empire as my 40K race

yah Avians #FTW

I'll probably get some flak for this, but...

I think Avalis are one of the most overrated races in starbound.

Long story incredibly short: They're overrated because (by today's modded race standards) they're not really that great. They've got wonky lore that wasn't even really designed for the universe they inhabit (according to their lore, you shouldn't even survive the first 3 seconds of the game without shriveling up and dying. They have to make up an excuse of magic nanomachines or blood replacements, and Avali lore cultists get rather pissy if you use the latter as your excuse), any real work ceased on them long ago, and there are races out there that are by far more deserving of being most popular due to the sheer amount of work and content put into them (Elithian Alliance and Felins comes to mind.)

But no. Avalis are the ones everyone likes. Not because of the deep lore or amount of effort that goes into it (in fact most people either disregard the lore completely or make up excuses around it.) 99% of it is because of teh cute.

Yeah, I think it’s becuase people like fluffy space rapters aspect…

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13