Bullied bronys 34 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
Big Brother is Watching
Group Contributor

A lot of it has to do that in a way, you fall out their "narrative" of how people should be, think, and act. Maybe you have a different religion or a different political alignment than they, and they therefore, view you as evil, or maybe they're determined to see Autism as nothing but a weakness, and when a high-functioning case rolls right in, they can't come to grips with this challenge of what they believe.

Rather than coming to terms with it, like they should do with the latter, or in the case of the ideological cases I mentioned first, at least trying to express a different opinion intelligently or kindly, all they do is lash out at you with ad hominem attacks.

This is a sign that they have no means of arguing against you, but refuse to admit being incorrect or needing to do more research. This comic explains this phenomenon well.

I'm not a Creationist, but the main point, that people resort to insults and bullying when they're out of proverbial "bullets", is still something I wholeheartedly agree with.

But don't despair, there's always going to be someone who loves you and supports you no matter what. Such a person doesn't necessarily have to be the same as you or have the same opinion, but that doesn't matter. What matters is love, to put the needs of others above your own, tolerance, to respect people no matter how different they are from you, and finally, something that there is no word I know of for: To see the good, human qualities in someone else.

is still something I wholeheartedly agree with.

Makes the post sound a little contradicting of itself. But I see what you mean regardless, and I agree.

Big Brother is Watching
Group Contributor

Yeah, I just meant that people resort to vile attacks on character when they don't have any mature or educated objection to something. I'm not a Creationist, but the main point that comic illustrates, is indeed quite true.

3314927 Sadly, I don't think the world would get any better in that respect.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4