The Skitchverse 122 members · 11 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20
GreyGuardPony
Group Admin

And welcome to the official Skitchverse brainstorming thread!

If you've seen some of the threads in other kind of shared universes, then you know the drill. For those who don't, the general idea is to kick around ideas and possibilities for both the universe and any fics that people want to write in said universe.

So, I'll start things off with some of the other ideas I have planned down the road here.

After Boast Bypassed, I want to do a fic where Celestia decides to put the Mane Six and Skitch through some straight up military training. The idea being that with the possibilities of these ancient threats breaking loose, that the element bearers need to be able to protect themselves better.

After that, we'd have the first one of the things Celestia and Luna locked up breaking loose, with the group heading into Dromedus to deal with Akhem the Twice Cursed. Mummies and battles in the desert sands. It'll be great!

The last big fic I have planned for the first "season" as it were, would be the season one finale. There some of the plot threads that have been introduced since Kingdoms and Cutie-Marks would be directly addressed, more of how Equestria came to exist would be explained, and the group would clash with Discord's opposite.

Now, I do think that some more fics in Season 1 would be good. I feel like there should be some more stuff in between the two big tent post fics I just mentioned. I'm just not sure what.

But! That's what this thread is for! Perhaps we can cook up some more ideas.

PhycoKrusk
Group Admin

Relevant to brainstorming, I'm often wondering if anyone else in the group aside us ever has ideas for Skitchverse stories.

If any of you do, I really think you ought to write them. There's more to life than just ponies and griffons, you know!

Actually I stumbled upon a story similar to the Skitchverse and there's no folder for similar fics, we need one.

GreyGuardPony
Group Admin

Out of curiosity J, what is the fic?

Cause I'm not entirely for having a folder for fics that use a similar concept. The Lunaverse doesn't have a folder for fics that are based on a similar concept.

2690188 The story is titled A Changed Life the story revolves around a man getting sent to Equestria via a botched spell by Twilight, but the attempt turned him into a Earth Pony mare and has to adjust not only the culture shock but having changed genders unwillingly.

GreyGuardPony
Group Admin

Ahh. Yes. I read the first few chapters of that one, and it just never grabbed me.

But, yeah. I'm not adding in a folder for other stories with a similar idea to this universe. This isn't the general "Human in Equestria" group, after all.

2690350 How about a possible way for Skitch to actually contact her parents prior to the finale? I mean one of the one things she wants is to let them know that she's alive and is stuck for an unknown amount of time, this will be a good backdrop towards the finale.

GreyGuardPony
Group Admin

I've gone back and forth on that whole idea a few times, whether to do something like that as a stand alone bit, or to work events similar to that into the finale itself.

Ultimately, I think that the current idea, is to make it part of the finale, just because I'm not sure I could stretch that idea out to a full fic on it's own.

PhycoKrusk
Group Admin

2690506 2690683
Weaving it into the overall narrative leading up to the finale seems like the way to go, really. As you said, it probably won’t have enough content to stand on its own as an episode, and leaving it as a webisode just feels like it won’t work at all. I think it has to be a part of the normal narrative.

2703226 True but overall Skitch is pretty much cut off from his actual home world and would do almost anything to see them again.

PhycoKrusk
Group Admin

Yes, but the point I’m trying to make is that contacting home again feels like an “endgame” sort of deal. Like, it’s the ultimate goal at the end of some path of adventure. Something that either should be woven into the metanarrative, or something that should have enough content to be its own, standalone story.

2703491 Not really, contacting and actually returning home are two entirely different things. One story could be a rumor of a magical artifact that would allow him to return home only to be a false lead. And in another Discord could make a brief visit to Ponyville and offers to pass a message to Jake's parents.

PhycoKrusk
Group Admin

I will grant you that contacting home and going home are two different things. The understanding from Of Kingdoms and Cutie Marks is that the Mother Box that Skitch uses can only exploit an existing gateway between worlds, and not make a new one. Which I guess isn’t to say that there aren’t other ways to do it (Discord being the best chance of that, and maybe other suitably powerful cosmic beings as well).

But the issue under discussion is the best way to facilitate this contact event, and I’m still of the mind it should be woven into the metanarrative. It’s not, by itself, a content-significant event, even if it is a plot-significant one.

GreyGuardPony
Group Admin

I dunno. The rumor of an artifact that might let her "phone home", would be something that'd get Sktich off her duff to go and try to find it. There could be something there, especially if the journey to find the artifact fails or the thing doesn't work and she has to deal with that ding of failure.

PhycoKrusk
Group Admin

man, how come you always gotta talk sense into me?

2704153 It would make for a plot hook in order to encounter Akhem the Twice Cursed. I mean an evil Mummy Sorcerer would have ancient knowledge in order to further his goals.

Wow, this forum is practically dead, so here's a thought: If the Mother Box allows him to travel to an already established dimensional path does that mean that he'll eventually go to the Equestria Girls universe?

Are we still allowed to write stories for this verse? Because I have an idea.

Applejack, Twilight and Pinkie are heading to Appleoosa, a town on the edge on the Buffalo Tribal Lands. But instead of a conflict between the settler ponies and the Buffalo, the plot will focus on Pinkie and Twilight trying to help Maud find new friends Maud had just moved to Appleoosa and is studying the local rock Settlement. And Boulder in this verse is a Stoneback.

PhycoKrusk
Group Admin

As far as I know, there’s no strict rule against it since it was always intended to be an open universe. It was unofficially retired following GGP’s passing.

Your best bet would be to check in with Zalabar, as he is sort of the executor of the estate now.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20