The Skitchverse 122 members · 11 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
PhycoKrusk
Group Admin

It's no secret that we're always looking for new talent here in the Skitchverse.

Or maybe it is a secret, and that's why we seem to have one heck of a time trying to find any, but that's neither here nor there.

Historically, we've done recruitment drives, although they haven't really consisted of all that much beyond with myself or Guardy attempting to entice folks to submit stories with the vague promise of "almost any type of story you can think of, you can write." That's half true, at any rate. We have not, however, had any sort of actual organized recruitment drive, and I think it's approaching time that we changed that.

With Guardy gearing up to move to Seattle in only a couple weeks, now is likely not the ideal time for one.

That being said, I think it worthwhile to have an actual plan to approach it, keeping in mind that I'm sure the reason we don't get a lot of people trying to break into the setting is because it seems large and daunting. It certainly isn't for lack of exposure: A Skitch in Time has been in the feature box at least once, while The Other Jake is the most widely-read story in our library (and managed to do that while starring nothing but OCs).

Like I said, we wouldn't be looking to start a drive immediately, but we're definitely hoping for some ideas from the rest of you on how we might approach this. A contest crossed my mind, although I have no idea what it would even be about. It's a thought, sure, but it's my thought, and I don't care about my thoughts.

We want to know what you think.

-The Management

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1